CHAPTER 15

THE BEGINNING OF OUR END [2YEON]

68747470733a2f2f696d672e776174747061642e636f6d2f73746f72795f70617274732f313035363931383434342f696d616765732f3136373838646563353739333131303436313331383134373137342e6a7067?s=fit&h=360&w=720&q=80

NO ONE'S POV

"Why are you doing this Yoo Jeongyeon?" Nayeon asked.

"Why?" Jeongyeon has repeated this a thousand times over in her head.

The taller girl grabs her hand, she hasn't really thought how to answer the question. All she can think of is to let her know that she's serious about what she's doing.

But then again what is she doing? What is this thing she's serious about?

*HEAVY SIGH*

"And how do you think that would work?" Jeongyeon asked herself and threw a tantrum in her bed.

Yoo Jeongyeon woke up early in the morning. Well, to be fair she hasn't really gotten a good sleep since yesterday. She keeps repeating what happened, thinking of things she could've done differently to make the situation better. Obviously, all this daydreaming resulted in multiple failed scenarios in her head.

"Great, maybe you really are meant to be a director instead of an artist. It'll be best for you since all you want is to get out of the spotlight." She said getting out of her bed.

The day continued like that, scenarios after scenarios. But no matter how much she reruns what happened, no matter how much she thinks of a solution. She still couldn't find the right answer to Nayeon's question.

-

The TV was on but there's really nothing in Jeongyeon's head. All she could think of was what happened yesterday. She starts to question herself more. Tries to argue with her conscience.

First, she has to think what's the difference between what she's doing now with what she has done previously. Then she has to come up with an answer to do that question. And lastly, she has to figure out why a simple question from Im Nayeon is hard to answer.

*RING*RING*

INCOMING CALL : MYOUI MINA

MN : "I hope you're on your way."

JY :

JY : "What?"

MN : "I knew this would happen."

JY : "What are you talking about?"

MN : "I can't believe I have to remind you of your personal schedule Jeong. Don't you remember what today is?"

JY : "Uhm the day after Chuseok?

MN : "I can't..."

There was a brief moment of silence.

CY : "Annyeong! Son Chaeyoung-imnida!"

JY : "Ohhhh so you and Mina are on a date?"

CY : "Well, I wish we were but not today. We're at Dahyun's place."

JY : "Dahyun's?"

CY : "Hahaha Mina was pissed she went to talk to Momo. Did you really forgot? It's Dahyun's niece's birthday. Didn't we all agree to come?"

JY : "Sh*t!"

CY : "Hahahaha well you better hurry up before you miss it. We'll be waiting for you."

JY : "Arraso!"

Jeongyeon quickly got up from where she was sitting, she jumps right into the shower. Her head was occupied with what happened yesterday she forgot that she has to be at Dahyun's place for her niece.

Quickly after, Jeongyeon got into her car but on the way to the party she remembered something important.

"Gifts! You can't go to a party without a gift!" She said to herself.

[PARTY]

Jeongyeon came running, she was almost out of breath. The sun is almost gone, she would've been here an hour ago if she didn't stop by the mall.

CY : "There you are. You're late, the party is about to be over." She greeted her.

JY : "It was traffic."

MN : "Jinja? Then can you explain this to me? It's all over SNS." She showed her phone.

Jeongyeon was surprised to see that a picture of her running to the toy store was published just like that. And to make matters worst some people commented that she was rushing to buy a gift for her kid.

JY : "Okay, okay. I forgot my gift so I have to make a quick stop. I'm sure they're just joking about me having a kid."

MN : "Arraso, since we are at a party I won't scold you that much. Fix yourself before everyone else sees you."

JY : "Okay boss..... You know Dahyun just wants us here because she's trying to show off."

CY : "With what? You? Ohhh please Dahyun has a lot of friends in the industry."

JY : "Yah!"

MN : "Okay no fighting, there are kids here. Besides she's your friend, you should be thankful she invited you to such an event. Maybe she did want to show you off, you're her big sister after all."

JY : "Well if you say it like that..... Still, I'm not staying that long, I wanna go to sleep."

CY : "Sleep? When did you ever sleep early? Don't you have insomnia? What's bad about staying? Maybe you can meet someone." She winks.

JY : "I didn't get to sleep last night. Besides, I didn't come here to meet someone. I'm just here for Dahyun, that's it."

CY : "You might regret that... In 3...2...1..."

JY : "As if, you didn't have to coun---"

Even before Jeongyeon could finish her sentence, she saw a sight out of the ordinary

Even before Jeongyeon could finish her sentence, she saw a sight out of the ordinary.

Im Nayeon walked across the room.

Suddenly she was shinning, the room starts to dim

Suddenly she was shinning, the room starts to dim. It almost feels like the people inside started to disappear and Nayeon was the only one she can see. She shakes her head a couple of times, "What is this thing I'm feeling? When did she starts looking like that." She asked herself. Maybe it's because of what happened yesterday. Maybe that's the reason that after all this time she starts to feel nervous around her.

CY : "Regretting what you said a while ago?" She gave her a tap in the back.

Jeongyeon unconsciously took a step forward.

MN : "Hep, I thought you don't have a plan to stay? Why do you look like your about to run and leave us behind?"

CY : "Come on. We both know why, if it's her then there's no questioning it. Yoo Jeongyeon would run to her in a blink of an eye. Right hyung?"

JY : "Pabo." She said softly. "You didn't tell me."

MN : "Why would we? It's not my party, I don't know who's invited or not. Go ahead and say your wishes to Dahyun's niece so you can leave."

JY : "On second thought I'll go a little later. Chaeyoung is right I have insomnia so I'll probably spend the rest of the night just staring at nothing." She said staring at the girl across the room.

CY : "All of a sudden I'm right. Let's go greet the birthday girl first, then make your move."

JY : "Pabo."

MN : "You're the stupid one here. Gaja. "She said walking inside.

CY : "Hahaha serves you right."

-

Jeongyeon greeted the birthday girl, everyone was all over her until they got used to her. If she was true to what she has said, she'll be out of the place right now. Probably on a bed wondering about nothing.

But you know every plan gets changed, every story has a plot twist.

Just like how tonight is different. Ever since meeting Nayeon the only time she actually thought of what to do was when she first texted her. After that everything just happened, like she's at the sea riding its wave.

But how come tonight she hasn't even got close to where the other girl is? She's having a hard time even just to greet her with hi. The visitors are almost gone and she hasn't made a single move towards her.

TY : "How long are you gonna stand there?"

JY : "Huh?"

SN : "Well, me and Tzu have been looking at you for a while now. And I might say you look less Jeongyeon today."

JY : "What does to be less Jeongyeon supposed to mean anyway?"

SN : "You know, the usual overconfident girl that all the people love."

TY : "Did something happened to the nation's heart breaker?"

JY : "Nothing, you two are just looking way over the line."

TY : "Arraso, gaja."

JY : "Where?"

SN : "Hahaha you sure you're okay? Didn't Dahyun said we can have the entertainment room all for ourselves?"

JY : "Ehhhh? I don't want to be a third will to you."

SN : "Yoo Jeongyeon you're really something else haha."

TY : "The others are already there. Mina, Chaeyoung, Dahyun, Momo, Jihyo."

SN : "Don't forget Nayeon."

TY : "You spoiled the surprise."

SN : "Ehhhh gome." She pouts at her.

TY : "Forgiven." She looked away as she tries to hide the fact her cheeks are turning red. "Let's go."

Jeongyeon just followed them

Jeongyeon just followed them. When they got inside the room was already dark and was only lit by a disco ball and Momo was already signing. As expected the "Couples" are sitting together, Jihyo was sitting next to Mina while Nayeon sits at every end of the chair.

Sana runs inside to sit next to Dahyun and of course, Tzuyu followed her. Leaving Jeongyeon on the opposite end of the chair. And she can never get used to Kim's entertainment room, it's too big you can have a party of 30 people in it.

MM : " Woah! Okay, who's song is Late night of 1994?"

JH : "Oh Mine! Mine!" She said standing up.

Everyone chuckles, Jihyo doesn't really have to use a mic.

MM : "Excuse me Jeong, I have to get to my Dubu."

JY : "Hahaha arraso."

Jeongyeon got out of the booth giving Momo enough space to get to her girlfriend. But on the way of doing it, she stepped backward she hit something...... Or should we say, someone?

---