CHAPTER 39

THE BEGINNING OF OUR END [2YEON]

68747470733a2f2f696d672e776174747061642e636f6d2f73746f72795f70617274732f313039363833383539302f696d616765732f313639316634343432653639616136613431333532313831333138352e6a7067?s=fit&h=360&w=720&q=80

NO ONE'S POV

And waking up is one of the things Jeongyeon looks forward to. Since whenever she turns around she always finds Nayeon sleeping next to her. Today nothing is different, Jeongyeon turns to her side and found Nayeon still sleeping, she smells like freshly bloomed flowers in a misty morning. She brushes her hair and tucks it into her ear. This is the only time she wishes the world would stop or at least slow down. Just so she can have a little more of this,

Mornings were it's just her and Nayeon.

Now that she thinks of it, she used to have a hard time sleeping. She used to have those nightmares that force her to stay up. She still has those nights where she just wants to stay up but for a different reason. Now, she wants to stay awake to spend more time with Nayeon but laying next to the girl will put you at too much ease it just soothes you to sleep.

Yoo Jeongyeon just loves Im Nayeon so much.

Suddenly the taller girl felt uneasy, maybe it's the way Nayeon looks vulnerable while she sleeps

Suddenly the taller girl felt uneasy, maybe it's the way Nayeon looks vulnerable while she sleeps. What Jihyo said hits all the right spots, they are gonna go through a lot of things. But what bothers Jeongyeon the most is the thought that someone will hurt Nayeon. If she could she'll take every blows they'll give, if she can she'll hide her from everyone. If it's possible, she'll take it all for herself just so she could protect Nayeon from this cruel world.

Out of nowhere, the older girl hugs her, as if she felt Jeongyeon's wavering heart. She mumbles something in her sleep that the taller girl couldn't understand. "Gwiyeopda." (TR : Cute) Jeongyeon whisper. And everything just felt a little better, maybe she can't hide Nayeon from everyone. Maybe she can't keep her all for herself. Yes, it'll be hard but for her, Jeongyeon will do everything.

Yoo Jeongyeon just loves Im Nayeon so much.

For the first time this year, Jeongyeon greets Nayeon with a kiss on the forehead. Slowly she tries to sit down to try and make her escape but even before she makes her attempt, Nayeon hugs her tighter.

"Where are you going?" The older girl mumbles.

JY : "I have to get up and make breakfast."

NY : "Ehh, just stay here with me."

If she could she would. That's all she wants to do.

JY : "We're not on vacation anymore Nabong. We have work to do and issues to address later."

NY : "Arraso." The older girl let go and sat up.

JY : "You can stay in bed, I'll call you when breakfast is ready."

NY : "A-N-I-Y-O." She whines like a kid. "Take me with you."

JY : "Haha you can't even open your eyes right now."

NY : "Then, pick me up." She said holding her hands open.

JY : "Aigoo, how can I even resist this face? Arraso, time to wash up!"

Jeongyeon picks Nayeon up like they're a newly wedded couple. She took her into the bathroom and grab both of their toothbrushes. She damps the older girl's face with a wet towel. After washing up the two made their way to the kitchen where Nayeon spends the rest of the morning half asleep.

NY : "Jeong, do we really have to go to work?"

JY : "That's not even a question."

NY : "Can't we just stay here?"

JY : "Haha do you want Jihyo to snap my neck?"

NY : "But."

JY : "No more buts, finish your pancakes so we can go to work."

Nayeon sighs "Arraso." And continue munches on her food, her cheeks were as fluffy as the pancake Jeongyeon has made. Nayeon smiles as her sweet tooth get pleased and this is why Jeongyeon loves making breakfast for her.

Unconsciously, the taller girl smiles.

NY : "Wae?"

JY : "Nothing, just thought you have chubby cheeks."

NY : "Ehhhh? They're not that big." She said in a pout making her cheeks rounder.

Jeongyeon chuckles "Of course it's not."

NY : "Then, why are you laughing more?"

JY : "Because you're just too cute."

NY : "Aha! I am. Lucky you, you get to marry me."

JY : "Haha I am, I am."

The taller couldn't contain the happiness she feels knowing they'll have a lifetime of mornings like this.

Yoo Jeongyeon just loves Im Nayeon so much.

Yoo Jeongyeon just loves Im Nayeon so much

-

The drive to work is always bittersweet. Jeongyeon hates how she has to go on a whole day not seeing Nayeon's bright smile. Again, if she could have a day or better, a lifetime just staying next to the taller girl she'll take it in a heartbeat. But not everything she wants, she'll get.

The older girl got out of the car. "If you miss me call me, if you don't then why are you even marrying me?" She said.

Jeongyeon chuckles. She just can't get enough of Nayeon, she even thinks that marrying her wouldn't suffice what she feels for the girl.

JY : "Do you believe in a happy ending?"

NY : "Really?Out of nowhere?"

Jeongyeon just smiles at her.

NY : "I do. Marrying you would be my happy ending."

JY : "Well, I don't."

NY : "Ehhh?"

JY : "I don't want any sort of ending for us. Because marrying you will only be the beginning."

Nayeon blushes, she tries hard to contain her smile but fails to do so.

JY : "Arraso, go and have a fun day at work, I'll see you later."

NY : "Before I go promise me this time you're not gonna say anything until later."

JY : "Hai, yakso!"

NY : "Great! Then have fun at work."

Jeongyeon watch as the older girl made her way, usually, she waits until Nayeon gets inside the building. But besides that, there's one thing the older girl usually does.

JY : "5...." She starts counting down.

"4....

3....

2....

1...."

And just like any other day where Jeongyeon drops her off, Nayeon turns around, waves at her with both of her hands

And just like any other day where Jeongyeon drops her off, Nayeon turns around, waves at her with both of her hands. But today instead of walking away, the older girl has something else in mind. She stood in her place then mouthed the words,

"I love you Yoo Jeongyeon." Then went back to walking.

Jeongyeon's heart pounds crazy, everything about Nayeon just makes her want to risk all that she has. Never in her entire life had she ever been this sure of someone,

Im Nayeon is the one, the only one.

-

Jeongyeon went on her usual day, once she got to work a lot of people congratulates her. Of course, there are still those who try to dig deeper but this time Jeongyeon was eager to keep her promise. She has to wait for the right time.

Today just seems longer than it usually does. She misses Nayeon even more than usual, she can't even do her job without thinking about the older girl.

"I wish I was home.

I wish it's time to go.

I wish I can be with Nayeon already."

Those are the only three things she has in mind throughout the day. She repeated it in her mind like it's some sort of incantation.

"I wish I was home.

I wish it's time to go.

I wish I can be with Nayeon already."

She said it again and again until it was that time of the day.

[JYP @0600]

The taller got out of her car and greats everyone with a smile and bow. Right away the people swarm to her. Mina and Chaeyoung meet her at the door.

"Jeongyeon-ssi is it really true? Are you sure Nayeon-ssi is the one?"

"Manager Myoui, can we have a second?"

Mina politely declines, telling everyone they'll address the situation properly.

"Ms. Yoo, are you here to announce your wedding?"

"What can you say about people saying it's way too fast?"

MN : "Just resist it, you'll get your chance." She whispers to the older girl.

Jeongyeon nodded back and just followed her manager. They arrived in one of the biggest conference room Jihyo's company have. Jeongyeon peaks through the door and immediately found Nayeon sitting in the middle with Jihyo and Sana. And all she could think of was run to her and hug her. Something she has to put aside for the moment.

Mina takes a step towards the room and so did Jeongyeon

Mina takes a step towards the room and so did Jeongyeon. The moment she set foot in the room the camera flashes start going crazy, people started standing up and the questions start flooding the room.

Jihyo grabs the microphone. "Please, we ask for everyone's cooperation. We'll start as soon as everyone settles down."

Jeongyeon made her way in the middle of the room, she takes a seat next to Nayeon as they wait for everyone to settle down. "How was your day? I miss you." She wanted to tell the older girl and just ignore everyone else. But without saying a word Nayeon smiles at her and Jeongyeon couldn't stop herself from smiling back, it's like they're thinking of the same thing.

JH : "Good afternoon to everyone. I'm Park Jihyo, C.E.O of JYP, we also have Minatozaki Sana, Nayeon's manager, and Myoui Mina, Jeongyeon's manager and the representative of their company. We'll just make it short since I know it's been a long day for everyone.

First and foremost we would like to express our deepest gratitude to both Korean and international fans who have given love and support to Yoo Jeongyeon." Jeongyeon stands and bows at everyone. "And Im Nayeon" the older girl did the same thing. They remain standing as Jihyo continues with her statement. "Jeongyeon-ssi and Nayeon-ssi voluntarily came together to show their deepest sincerity with their decisions. Also, we ask everyone for your kind understanding of this sudden news.

Yoo Jeongyeon and Im Nayeon have decided to get married on March 20, 20XX."

Everyone saw it coming but no one knew exactly how to feel, how to react

Everyone saw it coming but no one knew exactly how to feel, how to react. Jeongyeon catches a glimpse of Nayeon's worried face as they sat back down. She grabs Nayeon's hand under the table and squeezed it, making sure the older girl knows everything is fine, that she's not on her own.

MN : "We'll be answering a few of your questions please raise your hands if you have one."

And almost everyone raises their hands, Mina picks one of them.

"From KBS, isn't three months too short to decide on marriage?"

MN : "No, they made their relationship official 2 to 3 months ago but as a matter of fact, Yoo Jeongyeon and Im Nayeon met 2 years ago at one of C.E.O Park's birthday parties. They become good friends and develop deep feelings toward each other. There have been dating for over a year now."

Jeongyeon looks at Mina, she, herself almost fell for Mina's answer. It seems like they did work on coming up with a story for them.

"From Arirang, are there any plans for the wedding to be public?"

Sana picks up the mic "The two haven't decided yet, there still in the process of finishing things and we'll make a follow-up statement once they come into agreement."

"One last question, from dispatch for Yoo Jeongyeon. When did you know Im Nayeon was the one?"

Everyone smile as the mood lightens up.

JY : "Uhmm.. the moment I met her." She kept her answer short.

JH :

JH : "Thank you for taking your time to be here. We'll try to give another statement regarding the ceremony. Once again, we ask everyone for their kind understanding. Also, please give your warm blessing for their beautiful future together."

Everyone claps and it seems most of them took the news positively. Jeongyeon and Nayeon knew it's all thanks to Jihyo, Mina, and Sana who came up with all of this.

JH : "You two better be matured about this, I'm not planning to announce any change of plans."

JY : "We are and thanks to you three."

SN : "I accept ice cream."

JY : "Haha I'll buy you a tub."

NY : "But seriously without you three, it'll be a lot harder."

JH : "Duh? That's our job."

NY : "Haha, we know that's why we're really grateful."

MN : "Just makes sure you don't waste this chance. Jeong, I'm going, Chaeyoung's been waiting outside the whole time. I'll see you tomorrow."

JY : "Arraso, thanks again, Mina. Tell Chaeyoung I owe both of you."

MN : "Hai, I'll see you tomorrow"

Jeongyeon nodded back.

JH : "Then I'm gonna go too, I have things to finish. Just let us know what's your final decision."

NY : "Arraso, thank you."

SN : "Me too, Tzuyu is on her way so I'm gonna go grab my things and head home."

NY : "Oh me too! Jeong, can you wait for me outside?"

JY : "Sure. Take your time and I'll see you there."

NY : "Hai!"

-

Jeongyeon made her way outside she thought everyone has left but it seems like a lot of fans were still waiting for them. She greets everyone and went straight to her car, she'll just wait inside for Nayeon.

A few minutes later she catches a glimpse of Nayeon walking out with Sana, quickly she got out of the car since that's what she always does. She always welcomes the other girl with a warm hug after a long day at work. But soon as she saw everyone she realized she was supposed to wait inside her car.

So instead of inviting hands, Jeongyeon just stood and wait there. Nayeon on the other hand greets everyone and made this little jogs, you can tell the girl was trying hard enough not to run towards Jeongyeon.

JY : "Gaja?"

Nayeon didn't say a word and just went in for a hug.

JY : "Hey, I miss you but there's still a lot of people around. You might want to let go?"

But instead of doing so, Nayeon hugs her tighter. "Let them, let them take pictures and put it everywhere. Let them know who I love and who I'm choosing. I love you Jeong and I'll choose you over and over again." She whisper. 

Jeongyeon was stunned, Nayeon has told her she loves her hundreds or even thousands of times. But the way she said it today felt different. She didn't even know how to answer that, right now there's only one thing she could think of doing. Ignoring the people watching them, Jeongyeon hugs Nayeon tightly and buries her face in her shoulders.

Ignoring the people watching them, Jeongyeon hugs Nayeon tightly and buries her face in her shoulders

Yoo Jeongyeon just loves Im Nayeon so much.

(A/N) Sorry for taking a while, I went on this mini-vacation hehe. We're nearing our time skip, then we'll be back to the present times. I hope everyone is having a great week. I'll see you guys next time! Stay safe and healthy!