CHAPTER 18

THE BEGINNING OF OUR END [2YEON]

68747470733a2f2f696d672e776174747061642e636f6d2f73746f72795f70617274732f313035393130333434382f696d616765732f313637643263383336353733643066653230343131373538363035302e6a7067?s=fit&h=360&w=720&q=80

 

NO ONE'S POV

The more you deny your feelings the more they grow. Nayeon woke up with those thoughts in her mind, she heard it from the drama she's been binge-watching. She thought maybe some person denies it because they are afraid they're not gonna get what they want in return.

SN : "Are you gonna stand there all day?"

NY : "Mianhae."

SN : "You know you've been in a daze for a week now. Is it from the lack of Jeongyeon?"

NY : "What are you saying? We do talk sometimes......"

SN : "But it doesn't feel the same not seeing her, isn't it?"

The older girl just stares at the girl. It's true Jeongyeon has yet to show herself again but Nayeon knows better. She's been expecting this to happen after that dinner they had, seeing her at Dahyun's niece's birthday was just a big coincidence. There's no reason for her to be upset when there's really nothing more to that bet.

SN : "Don't worry I understand you. It drives me crazy when I don't see Tzu even for a day."

NY :

NY : "Oh please, don't group me with you and Momo who are obsessed with your girlfriends."

SN : "Yeah right, because unlike us you're a tsundere."

NY : "Yah!"

SN : "What? It's true, you've been acting like she doesn't affect you at all. Just say it, you miss her........ And you like her."

NY : "You've been pushing that idea since day one. I don't..... I mean, not in a way you think."

SN : "The hesitation says it all."

NY : "Pabo-yah!"

SN : "Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!?"

"Aren't you two lively?"

The voice came from their back. It could be that Nayeon is just imagining things since the voice sounded very familiar to her.

SN : "Ohhhh speaking of the devil."

Nayeon turns around and of course, it's the person she thought would be.

JY : "Who? Mina? Hahahaha."

MN : "Yah! You want to see a devil???"

JY : "Hahaha chill, I was just joking."

Jeongyeon turns to Nayeon and smiles.

JY : "Annyeong Ms. Im, I guess the gods are on my side today."

MN :

MN : "Pabo, don't make it sound like it's a coincidence."

JY : "I'm not.... I mean it's a faithful encounter."

MN : "Aish, didn't you ask Sana for her schedule."

JY : "Shhhhhhh why are you exposing me like that."

SN : "Well it doesn't matter since this one here is not getting enough Vitamin Yoo Jeongyeon haha."

NY : "Yah!"

JY : "No worries I have come back and never gonna leave you."

MN : "The level of stupidity both of you have is on a different level. You know you have to go to work."

JY : "Forget about work. Let's just stay here."

SN : "Agree."

And since the taller girl has magically appeared out of nowhere Nayeon hasn't uttered a single word. Not a single Hi or Hello.

JY : "I was gone for what? 3, 4 days and you already changed that much? You used to have a loud voice." She chuckles.

And Nayeon can't get used to this sight, she can't have enough of Jeongyeon laughing at her. Not seeing her for some time just only made Nayeon craves more and more of her. Weird.

NY : "Yah! What are you even doing here?"

JY : "Ehhhhhh? I'm here because I bought you guys coffee." She said raising her hands.

SN : "Thanks!"

NY : "Aish can we talk?"

JY : "Aren't that what we're doing right now?"

NY : "I mean...... Alone?"

JY : "Ohhhhhh, are you gonna ask me out, Ms. Im? Mina, cancel all my plans for today..... Better off cancel all my plans forever. I have something more important to do."

NY : "Pabo."

MN :

MN : "Pabo"

SN : "Pabo."

JY : "Ehhhhh?"

SN : "I guess she's really is deprived of you. You two go ahead, I'll watch out over your manager."

MN : "Jeong. As much as I want to stay we still have to work. 5 minutes, that's all you have."

JY : "Arraso."

Jeongyeon followed Nayeon to the end of the hallway, they stood next to the fire exit.

JY : "Wanna bailout? Just say the word and I'll take you away."

NY : "Aish you really are a pabo. Your manager just said 5 minutes."

JY : "Ehhhh who cares about that? You wouldn't call me out like this if it's not important."

NY : "It's not...." She shyly said. "It's because....."

JY : "Because? Are you gonna say you like me now?" She teases her. "If you do I'll think about it and maybe you'll get lucky."

NY : "Aish, you're too full of yourself. I want to give you this." She took a pack of gum out of her pocket. "It's plain and bland just like the one you like."

And for someone who was fixated on the thought of not seeing Jeongyeon again, Nayeon was pretty much ready to meet her again anytime.

JY : "I liked the cherry ones too."

NY : "But that's not what your usual is."

JY : "Well, it doesn't really matter as long as it's from you."

Nayeon started to blush.

JY : "So it's that the reason why you wanted to talk to me alone? Were you embarrassed that Sana and Mina would tease you?"

Jeongyeon finds Nayeon cute, in every single way. Just like the other times, her hand starts moving on their own. Finding its way to Nayeon's head, who didn't even flinch.

NY : "Ani.... I also have something I want to ask too."

JY : "Go for it." She said patting her head.

NY : "Why are you still doing this?"

JY : "Huh?"

But even before Nayeon could ask her again a group of people walks by.

JS : "You two are always together. You sure there's nothing more to it? Haha."

RS : "Probably just Jeongyeon bugging Nayeon all the time."

JY : "Yah... It just happened that whenever we see you guys we're together. Chop, chop you don't want to be late for your schedules."

Nayeon just bowed at the four girls, Lisa waved at them, and Jennie nod and smile before walking away.

JY : "So what was it again?"

NY : "I was asking why are you still doing this? Why are you even here?"

JY : "Well, I have worked here for a week so you'll probably gonna see me a few times from now. And for your first question, I don't see any reason not to. I mean we're friends right?"

NY : "We are..... But didn't you used to do these things because you wanted me to go out with you for dinner? You know, for a bet. We already did so no need to do this. We could be friends without you doing such things."

JY : "Ehhhh but I'm not doing this for that. I'm here for a different reason."

NY : "Ehhhh? Don't tell me you made another bet?"

JY : "Of course not!"

NY : "Then why? What's this reason you're saying?"

JY : "Aish... I guess I still have to make it official, aren't I? I should since it's just the right thing to do."

NY : "What?"

JY : "Isn't it obvious by now Ms. Im?"

The older girl just looked at her.

JY : "Haha I guess not. Arraso, let me ask you a question, do you have a favorite restaurant?"

Arraso, let me ask you a question, do you have a favorite restaurant?

NY : "Yes?"

JY : "How often do you go back there?"

NY : "Around 6 times a month. I don't get what's the connection of this to my question."

JY : "Hahaha just wait a little longer, it'll make sense somehow... Can you tell me why do you go back there? Doesn't it get boring? Don't you wanna try new things?"

NY : "Because I like the place, the people are nice and of course I like their food. It's not like I don't try new things, it just gives me a different feeling that nothing can compare."

Jeongyeon gave her a knowing look but Nayeon was left dumbfounded.

NY : "So???"

JY : "That's it."

NY : "So you're saying you go here because you like the coffee???? Or is it the place???? But what's the connection of that to my question???"

Jeongyeon chuckles again she pats Nayeon on the head.

JY : "Hahaha the answer is right there Ms. Im, look at it differently.."

NY : "But-"

MN : "Jeong we have to go."

JY : "Well, that's times up." She starts making her way back and Nayeon just follows her.

NY : "Wait...."

JY : "Did you change your mind? Wanna make a run for it now?"

NY : "Pabo, you haven't answered my question properly."

JY : "I did haha."

NY : "Ehhhh?"

MN : "Maja?"

JY : "Hai, we'll see you two around. Sana makes sure she doesn't work that hard."

SN : "For you, I will."

JY : "Haha gomawo, talk to you later Ms. Im.... Don't think about it too much, it's exactly what you think it is." She winks at her.

SN : "Did you ask her out?"

NY : "Pabo-yah. It's nothing."

SN : "Ohhhh by the looks of it did she perhaps rejected you? You should've asked me for advice I know a lot of pick-up lines."

NY : "Yeah right, you should see the face Tzuyu makes whenever you say does thing. She looks so done with you."

SN : "Ehhhhh."

NY : "Let's go to work."

On the way to the studio, Nayeon couldn't forget what Jeongyeon had said. She keeps repeating it on her head but it doesn't really make sense. The girl said it was exactly what she thinks it was but Nayeon didn't have any clue whatsoever what was she mean. To be honest, what she said didn't help, it just made her more confused than ever.

-

For the duration of the morning, Nayeon kept thinking about what Jeongyeon said. She's been trying to figure it out like it's an undiscovered mathematical equation. Sana sits next to her and she thought maybe the Japanese can help her.

NY : "Hey Sana, do you have a favorite restaurant you go back to? You know a place where you don't seem to get enough of."

SN : "Oh I do, I do!" She said enthusiastically. "It's a 30-minute drive from our company but it's worth it. It has a buffet of sweets and a lot of options for Tzu since she's trying to eat less meat and more bread. We love that place, the ambient is great and the people are really nice. You should go and bring Jeongyeon with you. You're not gonna regret it, I bet you'll enjoy it more than I do."

Nayeon looks outside the window and back at Sana.

NY : "Yeah, yeah but why do you go back there?" She asked completely ignoring what the other girl has said.

SN : "Ehhhhhh? I just told you why. It's because..."

"Look at it differently, look at it differently...." Nayeon repeated this in her head over and over, ignoring Sana once again.

SN : "I mean you don't go back to a place if you don't like it. It's just like having a crush on someone. You want to see them every time because you like them. Tzuyu and I just love that restaurant so much."

NY : "Wait what did you say?"

SN : "Which part? The sweets? The bread? The place????"

NY : "The last part."

SN : "Tzuyu and I love that restaurant???"

NY : "Before that."

SN : "That you don't go back to a place that you don't like? That it's like having a crush and wanting to see them every time because you like them??"

SN :

Nayeon didn't answer, she buried her face in her hands from shyness with the realization. She can't believe what she heard but what she can't believe more is that it was Sana who helped her figure what Jeongyeon meant.

SN : "Ehhhhh? What's wrong???"

NY : "Gaja!" She suddenly stood up.

SN : "Where? Wait, why is your face turning red?"

NY : "I'll buy you lunch!" She said avoiding the topic. The clueless Japanese just followed the older girl.

"Maybe it was Jeongyeon meant, maybe she did like me." Nayeon whispered to herself.

"But that just makes things more complicated than it is now. How am I gonna face her again? Wait, wait she didn't say it herself maybe I'm just overthinking about it? Aishhhh." She denies it to herself.

---