CHAPTER 12

THE BEGINNING OF OUR END [2YEON]

68747470733a2f2f696d672e776174747061642e636f6d2f73746f72795f70617274732f313034393433373233342f696d616765732f313637363039313039313734336563643238383639353831303038342e6a7067?s=fit&h=360&w=720&q=80

NO ONE POV

[THE NIGHT BEFORE CHUSEOK]

Im Nayeon was in her nightgown, she's watching her late-night dramas

Im Nayeon was in her nightgown, she's watching her late-night dramas. It's been a while since she moved back to Korea. At first, it was just for a stupid reason, to try and save what she thought was still worth fighting. When reality hits her, that the love her ex had for her was something superficial. That it's fragile and weak, she accepted that it wasn't really her all along. In the process of moving on, she found another reason to stay, work.

And she thought she wasted all her younger years for someone out of a whim just left her. That's why she always asks herself if it's not something to be rush into then what does love supposed to be? Because from what she remembers 10 years of being together doesn't make people stay, if they wanna go they'll go.

One of the cons of leaving alone is having a lot of time to think about this kind of stuff. Time to question every decision she made and time to regret things she did.

Sadly for Im Nayeon, her questions are yet to be answered.

*RING*RING* [INCOMING CALL]

On the other side of the city sits Yoo Jeongyeon in her apartment

On the other side of the city sits Yoo Jeongyeon in her apartment. Unlike the other girl, Jeongyeon spends her nights playing Legos and listening to Adele. "She's just soulful." That's what she would say whenever somebody teases her about listening to the singer way too much. It's probably the real reason but deep down inside her, she knows it's more than that.

Because the moment Adele sings "It matters how it ends, cause what if I never love again?" She took it personally, well, that side-story of hers ended in an unusual way.

Let say the event wreak her, in a way that she almost forgot who she used to have. But she's doing a lot better now, slowly she's learning to trust people again.

Slowly she's opening up.

*RING*RING* [OUTGOING CALL]

-

[CHUSEOK]

Nayeon got out of bed earlier than she's supposed to. She got a change of plans, so instead of spending her day watching dramas and questioning herself, she decided to say yes. She took her time getting ready, pack some extra clothes and other necessities she'll need. When everything was ready, when she was ready, she made her way downstairs.

"Annyeong Ms. Im." The girl smiled and waved at her.

It's the sweetest way she has ever been greeted

It's the sweetest way she has ever been greeted. Simple yet profound, something about seeing her first thing made her heart flutter.

Yoo Jeongyeon makes Im Nayeon's morning a little better every day.

And the more it happens the more it feels unreal, the more it seems like a dream. Somehow she wants to stay in this unbelievable dream. Could be that she's starting to fall for her? But she knows it's impossible, Nayeon thinks it's just the company that she's been missing. After all, Jeongyeon is too good to be true.

NY : "Wait, what are you doing here?"

Quickly she snaps herself back to reality. Making sure her feet is still touching the ground. Because for a moment she almost forgot she has work today.

[FLASHBACK]

*RING*RING* INCOMING CALL

NY : "Annyeong Ji. How's your vacation?"

JH : "Unnie! Annyeong.... Something just came up."

NY : "What is it?"

JH : "Well, one of the hosts for ISAC tomorrow called in sick. They just called me and were trying to book you for tomorrow."

NY : "I'll do it."

JH : "Are you sure? Don't you have something to do for tomorrow?"

NY : "You know I don't."

JH : "Arraso then I'll let them know right away. I already talk to Sana and she's trying to get a flight back to Seoul first thing in the morning."

NY : "Wait! Don't!"

JH : "Huh? But you have to have her there. She's your manager."

NY : "I know but she's been talking about this trip to Jeju with Tzuyu. She made all the plans and I don't want it to be a waste just because I had to work tomorrow. I'll be fine, all I have to do is host, right? You can just send Ahjussi to pick me up and I'll handle everything."

JH : "But."

NY : "Please? Just this one?"

JH : "Arraso, just this one. I'll let Sana know, Ahjussi we'll be right there tomorrow. Go to bed and rest, I'll be watching you tomorrow."

NY : "You too, go to bed. Don't make Sejeong feel like work is more important than her."

JH : "Ohhh please she's not like that. She understands, I still need to call some people, you go ahead."

NY : "Arraso."

JH : "Goodnight unnie."

NY : "Hai, good night Ji."

[END OF FLASHBACK]

NY : "Wait, what are you doing here?"

JY : "What do you mean? I'm here to pick you up."

NY : "Huh?"

JY : "Your boss asked me."

NY : "You know Jihyo?"

JY : "Park Jihyo? Of course, I do, she's my ex." She said looking at her dead in the eye.

Nayeon looked back at her, she can hear her subconscious saying

Nayeon looked back at her, she can hear her subconscious saying "Yoo Jeongyeon is too good to be true."

NY : "Ohhh.... So, Jihyo is your ex?"

JY : "Hahahaha just kidding." She chuckles "You should've seen the look in your face. We used to train together, I left even before I debuted and she made her own company after she did. Oh didn't I mention she lured me into signing with her? I would but I still have a contract at the time. I could have been your sunbae."

As expected Yoo Jeongyeon loves to talk. Nayeon sighs, she wonders why she felt relieved when she learned that the girl was just joking.

NY : "Sorry, I don't mean to be rude. I would love to hear from you two but I need to get to work. Did you see Ahjussi???"

JY : "Ehhh? But I just told you I'm here to pick you up."

NY : "Ms. Yoo I don't have any time for jokes."

JY : "Scary. Arraso if you don't believe me then maybe you'll listen to your boss. Let me call Jihyo."

Jeongyeon took her phone out, she was nodding continuously.

JY : "Hai, hai. Here let me give Nayeon the phone."

-

NY : "What's the meaning of this?" She whisper.

JH : "Mianhe unnie, Ahjussi was out of town. I didn't have any option. Luckily Jeongyeon has nothing better to do last night and started bothering me."

Nayeon looked at Jeongyeon and the girl just smiles at her.

NY : "But why her? You could've called someone else. And why didn't you tell me you know her personally??"

JH : "Well, it was too late. I was ready to go back to Seoul when that pabo called me. Hmm I did mention I can help you with her because she's a friend."

NY : "Are you sure about this? She's Yoo Jeongyeon, what if someone sees us?"

JH : "Ehhh? She promised she'll lay low. Besides I have known that girl for so long, she makes the best excuse. How do you think she gets away from all the rumors she was involved without a single scratch? Whatever she says just stick with it. Go you're gonna be late."

NY : "Aish Park Jihyo, you could've at least told me beforehand."

JH : "What for? Want to look good for her? Hahaha don't worry, I bet she already knows how good you look. I mean she won't be there if she didn't. Annyeong! Haha"

NY : "Yah!"

[CALL ENDED]

Nayeon could only sigh at how her boss usually acts like a kid. She looks back at the taller girl who just stares back at her with a smile on her face. Her eyes were glowing as if she was a puppy wanting attention and for a moment she thought she saw a tail wagging.

NY : "What if someone sees you???? What if they see us?"

JY : "Haha relax, that's why I'm wearing this." She holds her cap and mask. "If someone sees me I could just say that I was there to watch. Trust your boss, she wouldn't ask me without thinking about the possibilities."

The other girl just looked at her.

JY : "Don't worry, Yoo Jeongyeon is at your service. I'll be your personal assistant, security, and manager for the day Ms. Im." She salutes at her.

NY : "A-arraso, then I'll be in your care."

---

(A/N) Someone guessed Jeongyeon's ex but no one for Nayeon haha. Let's just say It's the other way around..... Well, it's gonna be revealed soon anyway.