CHAPTER 45

THE BEGINNING OF OUR END [2YEON]

68747470733a2f2f696d672e776174747061642e636f6d2f73746f72795f70617274732f313039383037363131352f696d616765732f313661396165353839646262313762613236333235343932323930352e6a7067?s=fit&h=360&w=720&q=80

NO ONE'S POV

The only thing that Jeongyeon likes about working in variety shows is the time where she gets to do taping outdoors, just like today. The production team called a break and it was just what Jeongyeon looks forward to, quickly she runs away from the people and found a place of her own. She sat down under a tree and for whatever reason, she tries to escape the world she lives in.

She sat down under a tree and for whatever reason, she tries to escape the world she lives in

"Don't you think you'll get lost looking far at the sky like that?"

Jeongyeon turns around and found one reliable friend that's been around for a while.

JY : "Well, if I did get lost will you look for me Mina?"

MN : "Dumb question, you know the answer to that. But if it's someone who will run after you in a beat of a heart then you know pretty well it's not gonna be me."

JY : "Hahaha why does it sound angst?"

MN : "Ehhhh? I don't get any reason why would you think it sounded like that. I'm not your wife and your not mine."

JY : "Hahaha fair point."

MN : "So what's up? Why are you spacing out?"

JY : "Nothing really, just wanted to have some fresh air."

MN : "As if, you don't make that face unless you have something in mind."

JY : "What face?"

MN : "The furrowed eyebrows and the pouty lips when you talk?"

JY : "What pouty lips?" She said in a pout.

JY :

MN : "That." She said pointing at Jeongyeon's lips, the latter just stared at her. "Is it about your retirement?"

JY : "Ehhhhhh? How did you know? What kind of sorcery is this?"

MN : "Pabo, everyone who's been around you almost all the time would know. You've been talking about taking a break recently and one time I did saw you looking at lands. It was obvious to miss."

JY : "Was it?"

MN : "Yes, have you told your wife?"

JY : "Hmm about that.... She said it's too early, that the two of us are still on the peak of our careers. She just got her lead role in a movie too. Haha, jokes on you! It wasn't that obvious."

MN : "Aish..... And? You just gave in?"

JY : "Well, a happy wife is a happy life."

MN : "Is that so? Tell me, are you happy with that?"

Jeongyeon look at Mina, she had this moment of hesitation before she confidently answer. "Of course! Besides she was right. And now that I think about it, what are you gonna do in case I did retire? Wouldn't that make you jobless? What if you become homeless because of me? The thought is already killing me."

MN : "I'm not sure if you're serious about that or you're just making fun of me. Pabo.... First of all, even if you retire I'll have other jobs to do, I can even go back to being a ballet teacher if I wanted to. Second, my girlfriend is a top producer I don't think we'll end up on the streets, and lastly Tzuyu's been asking me to be part of her team for a long time now. If it wasn't for you I would've signed to be her manager, so don't worry about me and just do what you want."

JY : "Hahaha my bad, I didn't know you already thought about what to do. I'm a bit sad but I'm glad you do have things in mind but tell Tzuyu she's not gonna have you for a while, I already told you, I'm not quitting. It'll probably be another 10 years before I do."

MN : "You should be honest with yourself. If that's what you really want, then do it. You should've told unnie that this kind of life is not what you really wanted. I know she'll understand, you retiring doesn't mean unnie have to do it too."

JY : "Haha arraso manager-nim, I'll take it into consideration what you said."

MN : "Listen to yourself before you listen to someone else. Stand up, we have to get back to work."

JY : "Hai."

MN : "Oh and we got a sudden meeting to attend tomorrow at SBS."

JY : "Ehhh?"

MN : "The boss wants you to do it, it's some kind of goodwill ambassador. It's not final yet but they want to talk to you to represent them."

JY : "Hmm well, if it's something that would benefit others then why not."

MN : "Just like what I said it's not final yet you can decide tomorrow. For now, let's finish work so we can go home."

Jeongyeon realized it a little later than she should've. Getting married was not the end of her dream with Nayeon. Recently she's been thinking of what they can do to be more like a family. To be honest the taller girl wanted to have a child. They could be from her and Nayeon or they could adopt. She just thought she's not getting younger, that she wants to be able to raise a child while she can chase them around.

There's a lot of things she wants to do, a lot of things she wants to plan but couldn't. How could she? When the one she's supposed to plan things with doesn't even have a clue about what she wants. Mina was right, sooner she have to be honest with her wife. Sooner she have to tell her about the things she wants to do but seeing Nayeon happy with everything right now made Jeongyeon stayed silent.

After all, how could she be selfish?

*PHONE VIBRATES*

FROM : YOO NAYEON

"Yeobo, I'm still at work and I don't think we'll be done anytime soon. Just letting you know there's no need to pick me up, Sana and ahjussi will drop me off. No need to wait for me too, it'll probably be too late before I get home. Just rest up, I'm sorry, I love you."

Jeongyeon sighs, she gets it, it'll be one of those nights she doesn't get to see her wife.

JY : "Mina!" She calls for the Japanese

MN : "I'm a few steps away from you, no need to shout."

JY : "Is Chaeyoung still in her office?"

MN : "Yeah? I mean even if I told her not to wait for me she still does. What's up?"

JY : "Do you guys want to grab dinner with me?"

MN : "Ehhh?"

JY : "What? You don't want to have dinner with Yoo Jeongyeon?"

MN : "Saying your full name doesn't make it sound cooler. Didn't we get back in time so you could pick up your wife???"

JY : "Well, she said she still has worked."

Mina looks at Jeongyeon with a lot of questions in mind. "Arraso, I'll call Chaeng, just wait for us in your car."

JY : "Hai!" She said making her way to her car when the Japanese called her again.

MN : "Jeong, don't wait until it gets to the point where you're competing for her time. You're too nice and I hate reminding you this but you're her wife."

Mina said before going inside the building. Jeongyeon just made her way to her car silently, sometimes Mina knows a lot. It even feels like she knows a lot more than Nayeon does but what is she supposed to do? Jeongyeon doesn't want to impose on anything.

The Japanese was right she's just her wife.

-

And as the sky gets darker Jeongyeon and her little buddy Chaeyoung, promised to share a bottle of soju. The smaller girl didn't want to but Jeongyeon seemed like she needs it.

CY : "Nayeon unnie's been busy lately. I bet she doesn't give you enough lo.. awe!" She looks at Mina.

The Japanese glared at her and pinch her harder in the legs

The Japanese glared at her and pinch her harder in the legs.

CY : "Owww.... I mean that's great she gets to do what she loves."

Jeongyeon chuckles, it's not like she didn't notice. "Haha, gwenchana it's not like she's the only one who's busy. I have things too."

CY : "Jinja??? If you do, then what are you doing having dinner with us?"

And by this time Chaeyoung didn't even attempt to stop herself. Mina could only sigh, she thought she didn't pinch the smaller girl hard enough.

JY : "It just happened today I finished work early. You should be grateful I have the time to grab dinner with you."

CY : "Arraso, the honor is all mine, Ms. Yoo. Now can we go home? I'm tried and I just want to cuddle with my girlfriend."

JY : "Hahahaha clingy, arraso. Gaja!"

Mina just followed the two of them outside not uttering a word. While the other two have a good time talking about Dahyun's silliness.

JY : "I had a good time. You guys take care and I'll see you tomorrow Ms. Myoui."

CY : "You should start practicing calling her Mrs. Son."

MN : "Before you ask people to call me that ask me to marry you first."

JY : "Opps you got schooled, haha."

CY : "Maybe I will." She teases

MN : "Hai, hai. Make sure you ask me first before you go telling people to call me Mrs. Son."

CY : "Noted! I'm gonna go start the car, hyung see you tomorrow." She said waving goodbye.

JY : "Arraso. Good night!"

Mina looks at Jeongyeon for the last time tonight. She hasn't said a lot since dinner but Jeongyeon gets it, she gets what the girl has in mind.

JY : "If you're not gonna say anything, you better go."

MN : "You know what I have in mind."

JY : "I do. So, go and get some rest."

MN : "Aish, call me if you need anything. Remember what I told you earlier, you have to be honest with yourself."

JY : "Arraso, I get it. See you tomorrow." She said getting inside her car.

The drive back home was full of nothingness, it used to be filled with music. Songs that Nayeon sings no matter how tired she was, songs that soothe Jeongyeon's heart. That's why she loves driving especially when Nayeon is right next to her. It wouldn't matter if they go on for hours, it wouldn't even matter where they're heading to.

All that matters is the girl next to her, her wife, her life, her Nayeon.

But now Jeongyeon finds it slightly annoying. The traffic, the dark sky, and the music. Everything annoys her to the point she wants to reach home as soon as possible. It annoys her because it reminds her of the good times she used to have with her wife.

"Where did it starts to be like this?" Jeongyeon asks herself.

The taller girl was welcomed by a dark room. She got home late that the place was already dark. She turns on the lights and even though it was filled with things it felt empty, especially that Nayeon is not home yet. She looks at photos hanging on the wall as she drags herself to their room, every step is heavier than the other. She quickly washed up and changed into her pajama. She grabs a pillow and blanket as she makes her way back to the living room. There she sat in the middle of the room looking at a large portrait of her and Nayeon on their wedding day.

"Be honest, huh? Well, Mina was right. I should've just told Nayeon the reason why I try to finish work on time is so I could pick her up. If she knew would she finish work on time too?" She chuckles. "I got a feeling you won't." She said looking at Nayeon's picture.

-

The silence of the night and the darkest of the sky, these things are nothing new to Nayeon. Since she got back to Korea, she spent most of her time wandering on them. Until Jeongyeon came and made things a little brighter.

*DOOR OPENS*

It's past midnight again, one of those days where she didn't notice how time flew by. If there's one thing she knows she'll find after a long day of work is her wife sleeping on the sofa, again.

If there's one thing she knows she'll find after a long day of work is her wife sleeping on the sofa, again

"I'm home." Nayeon crouches and kisses Jeongyeon's forehead. The other girl just mumbles. "Let's go to bed, your gonna have body sores if you stay in there."

She looks at Jeongyeon, it's not like she wants to make her wait like this. It's just she has to do this for them and her. To make sure she's doing her part in this marriage.

---

(A/N) PS. I love idiot couple dynamics HAHA!