CHAPTER 46

THE BEGINNING OF OUR END [2YEON]

68747470733a2f2f696d672e776174747061642e636f6d2f73746f72795f70617274732f313039383037363336382f696d616765732f3136613961663133313562336565326331303032313434343437362e6a7067?s=fit&h=360&w=720&q=80

NO ONE'S POV

Jeongyeon woke up in bed with her wife, if she wasn't in her 30's she would believe that she magically transported to bed. But she knows pretty well, she walked on her own. It's just funny how every morning she wakes up like this and feels like someone had carried her to bed.

"Good morning, you need to wake up gorgeous." She said brushing Nayeon's cheeks.

NY : "5 more minutes." The older girl contest

JY : "Even if it's 30 it'll be fine with me but it's 7 in the morning."

NY : "What time?"

JY : "7, my dear."

NY : "7???"

JY : "Yes, 7."

NY : "I'm gonna be late!" She said jumping out of bed leaving her wife alone.

JY : "I guess there go your 5 minutes." She chuckles as she makes her way out of the bed too.

The girl went to the kitchen after cleaning up their bed, she knows how this thing goes. Nayeon wakes up late and would run outside the door the moment she gets dressed. Even if she's not in a rush Jeongyeon tries to match her wife's pace, just so she could be part of Nayeon's morning.

NY : "What time are you leaving Jeong?" She said walking out of the room all dressed up, carrying her bag.

JY : "After an hour or two, want me to drive you?"

NY : "Ani, you should take that time and rest besides Sana and ahjussi are on their way to pick me up."

JY : "Then, what about breakfast?" She said pointing at the table.

NY : "Mianhae Jeong. I really have to go."

JY : "Arraso, I knew you'll say that so I have packed a sandwich for you. Just make sure you don't go to work with an empty stomach."

The older girl walks toward her and hugs her.

NY : "Thank you for always understanding me. I promise to make it up after my tapings."

JY : "No worries."

NY : "Well, I really have to go. I'll see you tonight?"

JY : "I'll be waiting at the same spot, text me." She said kissing the older girl in her cheeks.

Nayeon smiles and it was enough to make up for the late arrival last night and the early departure this morning.

NY : "I will." She said before leaving.

And there she goes with Jeongyeon's heart, like a thief on the run. The taller girl goes back to eating alone, something she got used to.

[SBS]

JY : "Ohayo Ms. Myoui."

MN : "What took you so long?"

JY : "Am I late?"

MN : "Ani."

JY : "Then no need to be worked up. Besides, it's your lucky day! I made some pancakes."

MN :

MN : "You mean you didn't finish it."

JY : "Ehhh what do you think of me? It's freshly made."

MN : "I doubt, wait, aren't you spending way too much time in the kitchen?"

JY : "Well, I'm learning how to bake and I think I'm getting better every day."

MN : "Is that what you plan to do after you retire?"

JY : "If I say yes, would you come and buy some from me?"

MN : "Depends, if it's good then maybe I will. If it's not I'm not wasting a penny on you, I'm not gonna be that person who buys from you just because we're friends."

JY : "Cold as ever, arraso then I'll make sure I make good ones. Maybe I can bake something that can go well with ketchup."

MN : "Please, don't even try."

JY : "Hahaha or better, maybe I can make your wedding cake."

MN : "Jeong, just focus on making bread." She teases.

JY : "Ehhhhhh? You never know, I might be really good at making cakes. For now let's start with this pancake."

MN : "Might." She emphasizes. "But I'll take the pancakes, thank you. Gaja, we don't want them waiting.":

Jeongyeon follows Mina with no idea whatsoever in whom they are meeting, all she knows is that she's here to talk about a possible project. As soon as they enter the room Jeongyeon knew right away where they are.

JY : "You didn't tell me it's the SBS president we're meeting today."

MN : "There's a little to nothing I know about this. The boss just told me to show up here with you. No other details were told and even if when I asked her she wouldn't tell me. All I know is this brand deal is important, for you and the company."

JY : "Ehhh?

"I'm sorry to keep you waiting but Ms. Kim is running late. The president is almost here too." The older lady said.

MN : "Gwenchana, don't worry about it. We can wait."

Jeongyeon waited until the lady left. She's getting a bad feeling about this

JY : "Ms. Kim?"

MN : "I told you."

JY : "You don't know, it's just giving me some sort of bad feeling."

MN : "All I know is there's another person they want to pair up with you. But I think you're thinking way too much about this, maybe it's the pancakes?"

JY : "Stop insulting my pancakes."

MN : "Haha then stop acting weird."

JY : "Am not!"

MN : "Maja, cause that's your normal haha."

*DOOR OPENS*

Quickly Jeongyeon and Mina stood up, a few people in their suits walks in before the boss came greeting both of them.

MS. PRESIDENT (P) : "I'm sorry, we're you waiting for a while?"

MN : "Aniyo, we've just arrived."

P : "That's great to hear. Ms. Kim is almost here but I guess we can at least give you an idea of what this is about."

MN : "Sure, we'll love to hear it."

Jeongyeon just smiles at them.

P : "Then. Ms. Lee, if you will."

A fine middle-aged lady stood up and bow at all of them.

ML : "Good morning Ms. Yoo, Ms. Myoui. I'm Ms. Lee of the SBS production department. As you both know this is a humanitarian project for SBS and Ms. Yoo along with Ms. Kim were chosen to be the face of the project.

As the ambassador, we ask you for nothing but to represent our goals. The said goals will be discussed further once Ms. Kim arrived but just as an insight it'll focus on less fortunate families, kids who need support to get to school. And since Ms. Yoo has been well known for her kindness and Ms. Kim for being a conqueror we thought you'll fit the roles. Again nothing is set on stone, we'll get to more details once Ms.."

The lady stop and looked at the back, everyone followed her gaze and right then Jeongyeon's eye grew bigger, out of nowhere she felt cold water was poured on her. She wasn't expecting to see her again.

P : "Just right on time, good morning Jiyeon-ssi."

"I apologize for being late and please call me Bona, Ms. President. Nobody called me Jiyeon in a long time, It's embarrassing." She smiles and looks at Jeongyeon.

P :

P : "No worries, we didn't wait that long."

Mina looks at Jeongyeon, she has a lot to say but she knows this is not the right place. Slowly she tries to get up but quickly got stopped by the taller girl.

JY : "Gwenchana, let's hear them out first." She whispers to the Japanese.

P : "Please sit down, Ms. Lee will continue with the proposals."

BN : "Then, excuse me." She said sitting down in front of Jeongyeon.

Mina stayed seated, following what Jeongyeon have asked her to do but in the middle of this long meeting she couldn't help but notice how the girl sitting across them keeps on looking at Jeongyeon. She can even say that the girl probably didn't understand anything with the number of times she spend staring at Jeongyeon rather than the lady who's talking in front.

ML : "With those being said, we leave the decision to you and your company. You'll have a week to decide whether you'll sign with us or not. Next Monday will be the official signing of contracts and photo-op in case the terms are acceptable for both parties. Here's my business card, feel free to reach out to me if you have any other questions regarding the project. We look forward to working with you two." She said bowing in front of everyone.

After that everyone said their goodbyes, Jeongyeon and Mina were the first ones to leave the room. Not that they're avoiding someone, it just happened that they're the closest to the door.

MN : "Jeong..." She hesitates. "Mianhae, I didn't know the Ms. Kim that they've been talking about was her. I'll talk to the boss right away and let her know we're not doing this, I'll come up with an excuse."

Jeongyeon puts her hand on top of Mina's head and patted it.

JY : "Haha don't worry about it, I told you if it's something that benefits other then, why not? The proposal sounds good too. I don't want people thinking I reject something like this just because of somebody."

MN : "Are you sure?"

JY : "I am but let me talk about this with my wife before anything else. For now don't worry about anything else, it was all a coincidence. Let's go? We still have work to do." She smiles.

Mina nod and followed Jeongyeon in walking.

MN : "You can be an unnie sometimes."

JY : "What are you saying? I am an unnie."

MN : "Haha by age yes but by how you are most of the time, you belong with Momo and Sana."

JY : "Ehhh that's like comparing me to a bunch of grade school students"

MN : "If it makes you feel better, you're the oldest amongst them." She giggles.

JY : "Yah!"

All of a sudden Jeongyeon stop on her track.

MN : "Wae?"

JY : "I thought I heard someone calling me."

MN : "Hmm maybe some fans? There's a lot of peo-"

"Jeongyeon!"

"Yoo Jeongyeon!"

Mina and Jeongyeon turn around and found someone waving at them, as the girl gets closer they realized who this person is.

"Jeong, you still walk too fast. I guess something never changed huh?" The girl said catching her breath. "Do you want to grab lunch with me?"

MN : "Sorry Ms. Kim but we still have work to do."

BN : "Jinja Mina? You're the last person I wanna hear calling me like that, Bona is fine."

MN : "I'm just trying to be professional."

BN : "Which you don't have to. We can just be like old times." She smiles at them.

MN : "I don't think that's possible."

BN : "Ehhhh? Why not?"

JY : "Bona...." She paused, saying the name after a long while feels weird.

BN : "Yes, Jeongyeon?"

JY : "We have somewhere to be. So, if you can excuse us."

BN : "Is that so? Then I'll see you next time?"

The taller girl just looks at her. "Have a good day." She said, walking away with Mina.

BN : "Oh! Jeong." Jeongyeon stops and turns to face her.

BN : "Congrats.... On getting married, I heard she's a nice girl."

Unconsciously Jeongyeon bursts into smiles. "She is, the best you can ever have. Gomawoyo." She said before leaving.

MN : "You're really handling this like a grown-up."

JY : "Well, if we have to work with her I have to at least be professional. Besides I'm happily married. Gaja"

-

And the matter was not mentioned anymore, Jeongyeon almost forgot about it until she saw her beautiful wife walking towards. It's like seeing an angel descended from heaven.

Out of nowhere, she grew nervous. Now that she thinks about it, she should've used her free time earlier to think of things to tell Nayeon. She should've given a thought to how her wife would react with this, knowing how clingy the girl used to be.

NY : "Annyeong haseyo Yoo Jeongyeon!" She smiles at her.

JY : "Annyeong Mrs. Yoo, it seems like you're alone today."

NY : "Sana is waiting inside for Tzuyu and Jihyo still has work to do. Did you wait that long?"

JY : "Ani, I just got here but if it's you I'll wait no matter how long it'll take."

NY : "Aigoo aren't you being sweet? Did you do something wrong?" She pouts at her.

JY : "Get in the car and I'll tell you something."

NY : "Ehhh?????" She whines but followed what the other girl said.

As soon as Jeongyeon got into the car Nayeon gave her the look. That look that asks millions of questions, that look that always sparks her worries.

NY : "What's wrong?"

JY : "Nothing's wrong, I got this offer to represent a charity event in SBS."

NY : "Then why do you look worried?"

JY : "Because I have to be paired up with someone and they choose Kim Jiyeon."

NY : "Kim Jiyeon? Do you mean Jiyeon your first love? Your ex?"

JY : "Y-yes." She stutter.

NY : "Do it."

JY :

JY : "Huh? I thought..."

NY : "That I'll be jealous? Or I'll throw a tantrum and ask you to reject the offer? We're both adults Jeong, I don't think she came back to take you away from me but if she did you're not gonna let her, right?"

JY : "Of course."

NY : "Then I don't see anything wrong with it, besides it's for a greater cause."

JY : "Gomawo."

NY : "Hai, hai. Now, let's go home?"

JY : "Arraso."

It turns out there was nothing for her to worry but even with the approval Jeongyeon felt uneasy. As if she didn't hear what she wanted Nayeon to say.

Because deep down inside Jeongyeon wants Nayeon to say no.

---

(A/N) Did I mention there's two ending to this story? Hahaha it could go the other way depending on how I feel on the last day of updating. So we'll see by then :D I'll see you guys in a few days!

PS. I love the idiot couple dynamic. HAHA