CHAPTER 38

THE BEGINNING OF OUR END [2YEON]

68747470733a2f2f696d672e776174747061642e636f6d2f73746f72795f70617274732f313039363833363931332f696d616765732f313639316633376466366266346330333234323334313036303030362e6a7067?s=fit&h=360&w=720&q=80

NO ONE'S POV

Maybe talking to her dad was something she needs but not everything she needs. As much as the words of the older Yoo calmed her down there were still some things that bother her head.

After the cheerful lunch, they have with the Yoo's which consists mostly of planning. Nayeon and Jeongyeon went on their way to one last stop before they call it a day.

NY : "Tell your dad he doesn't have to do those things."

JY :

JY : "Ehhh but he's right. I'm taking you as my wife, we should at least do that for you."

NY : "But you don't have to shoulder everything. I'm not getting married to you unless you promise me to split the cost!"

Jeongyeon chuckles "Jinja? Are we really arguing about that?"

NY : "I said what I said Jeong."

JY : "Arraso. If that's what you want then be it. But before anything else, we still have to deal with one or two things."

NY : "I know." She holds the taller girl's hands. "I also know that's something has been bothering you since we left New Zealand."

JY : "How?"

NY : "I haven't known you for that long but I know when somethings going in that head of yours. Whatever it is, you have me with you. I'll be there so don't worry too much."

JY : "You know I would kiss you if I wasn't driving."

NY : "You better not, I don't want to be a widow."

JY : "Hahaha as if I would let you be one."

NY : "Arraso, now focus on the road."

[JYP]

It was almost nightfall when they reached their last stop. Jeongyeon parked where she usually does, she opens the door to her fiance.

JY : "Mina said they're almost here."

NY : "They?"

JY : "She's with her driver."

NY : "Ohh I never knew Mina have a personal driver."

JY : "You didn't? She does, she has a personal driver, assistant, sometimes chef but most of the time lover."

Nayeon sighs "You're talking about Chaeyoung, aren't you?"

Nayeon sighs

JY : "Look at you Ms. Smarty pants."

NY : "Pabo. Anyone would figure that one immediately, you could've told me she's with Chaeng."

JY : "But that's what I said."

Nayeon chuckles "Arraso, I'm gonna go ahead and look for Jihyo. You stay here and wait for them. I'll text you where to go."

JY : "Copy that. I'll see you inside."

The taller girl nodded back and made her way inside her company. Everyone greets her like they always do. She didn't really have to look for Jihyo, she knows exactly where the younger girl is.

NY : "Hey, what are you two doing here?"

SN : "I work here, duh?"

NY : "I know what I meant was why are you still here? Isn't time to go home?"

NY :

TY : "It is unnie, but someone here wants to hear the good news."

NY : "You know?"

SN : "Everyone knows, the pictures are all over the place. The boss.."

Suddenly Jihyo comes out of her office and with much enthusiasm "I'm getting married Ji!" Nayeon said but to her surprise, she didn't see what she expected Jihyo would react. Instead of smile, Jihyo grew a worried face.

SN : "The boss is not happy." She whisper.

Jihyo glares at her.

TY : "Unnie we'll be waiting in Sana unnies office. You two take your time." She said pulling her girlfriend away.

JH : "Is that so?"

NY :

NY : " You heard me right. I'm getting married, Jeongyeon proposed back home. After that, she went to talk to my parents and they said yes. Aren't you happy?"

JH : "I am but.."

NY : "But???"

JH : "Unnie you and Jeong have been dating for 2 months. It's barely been 5 months since you two meet."

NY : "But aren't you the one who always pushed us together????"

JH : "I am but don't you think you're skipping some parts?? Just think about it, Sana and Tzuyu have been dating since they were in college, that's like 10 years now. Momo and Dahyun started going out 5 years ago. Mina and Chaeyoung waited 3 years to finally be official. But none of them talked about marriage. Don't you think you should wait for a little more? This thing is not something you rush into."

Nayeon just looked at her

Nayeon just looked at her. She was lost, of course, she thought Jihyo would be happy for her.

JH : "Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against you two it's just too early for me. What will the people say if they found out? Can't we postpone this a little bit?"

NY : "I thought you'll be on our side."

JH : "I am, believe me, it's just you two are very important to me, I've known you since we were little and Jeongyeon's been a friend for quite some time. I love you both, and I don't wanna see either of you getting hurt because of something you rushed into."

Nayeon just look at Jihyo, she didn't have anything to say to the younger girl. She gets what she was coming from but this is something she wants to risk on. She could try and explain more to Jihyo but she didn't want to have an argument with her.

JY : "Hey is something wrong?"

JH : "Good you're here, can we talk?"

JY : "Isn't that the reason were here?"

JH : "Yes it is. But I want to talk to you alone."

JY : "Arraso."

JH : "Mina you can wait with Nayeon in the conference room."

MN : "Okay."

Jeongyeon smiles at Nayeon "It'll be alright." She assured the older girl.

Jihyo watch as Nayeon and Mina step inside the room. With furrowed eyebrows, she told Jeongyeon "You know it's not. It's not gonna be alright. What were you thinking? How could you just decide like that?"

Jeongyeon didn't answer.

JH : "I get that you love her but are you sure this is something you really want? I don't even know what to say. Didn't you consider what the people will say about you two? What are they gonna think? Jeong, both of you are at the peak of your career. Would you really risk that?"

JY : "You know without a doubt in my mind I would."

Jihyo sighs. "Since I met you, you've always been stubborn. If it's something you want you're not gonna give it up, huh?"

JY : "Ji I want to marry her."

JH : "Jeong... You know what she's been through, you've been through the same thing. Don't you wanna see how this goes first?"

JY : "You don't believe me, don't you? You don't believe me when I said she was the one. That I love her so much all I want is a life with her. Is it wrong for us to start early? Is it wrong for us to do it differently than others? Ji, if you're afraid I'll hurt her, I won't. I rather hurt myself than to hurt her."

Jihyo grew silent. Jeongyeon did have a point, they didn't have to follow others but as a friend, you can't blame her for worrying about them. Besides she's been around this industry she knows well enough how harsh things could get.

JH : "Aish, Yoo Jeongyeon. Let's go."

JY :

JY : "What's that supposed to mean?"

JH : "Gaja."

-

On the other hand, Nayeon follows Mina, the older girl watch as the Japanese go through her phone, it hasn't stopped vibrating since she saw her.

NY : "Where's Chaeng?"

MN : "We saw Sana and Tzuyu on the way here. She said she'll just wait with the rest of them."

Mina went back to checking her phone while Nayeon continues to worry about Jeongyeon and Jihyo outside. She wonders if they're really are rushing this. Out of nowhere, she asked Mina.

"Why did you wait?" Nayeon asked.

Mina stops and look at the older girl. "What's that unnie?"

NY : "I'm just curious why you waited 3 years before you said yes to Chaeyoung?"

MN : "Oh that, hmm. Because I wanted to make sure she loves me for who I really am and not for what her eyes deceive. I wanted to make sure that both of us are ready. I thought waiting was the right thing to do."

NY : "Do you think we rushed into it?"

MN : "Uhm.. Do you think you're ready?"

NY : "I am but Jihyo said we're rushing it. Is it because we didn't wait as everyone did?"

*DOOR OPENS*

Even before Mina could answer again Jeongyeon and Jihyo walk in.

JH : "Let's get this over with."

Jeongyeon grabs a seat next to Nayeon and holds her hand and squeezes it.

NY : "Is everything okay?"

JY : "Of course it is."

Jeongyeon smiles at her and Jihyo look at them fighting the urge to tell them that is not okay, that once they fully commit to this it'll be a series of hardship.

JH : "Ms. Myoui what do you think? You're the representative of your company, right?"

MN : "I am."

JH : "Then we need your opinion."

MN : "Well, I might be talking for everyone who knows Jeongyeon but she's stubborn." She said out of nowhere.

JH : "That's what I'm saying. Her head is just hard, she wouldn't even reconsider this."

MN : "That's our opinion."

JH : "Huh?"

MN : "I've known Jeongyeon for quite some time. She may be stupid and a troublemaker most of the time. But if she wants to do something she'll do it. If it's about work, she'll work harder. If it's about her life, she'll try harder. The reason why our boss didn't come here was she knew this is already a closed case, there's only one thing to do here. As her manager, I'm here to make an agreement with you."

JH : "It better be not what I think it is, Mina you have to be logical about this."

MN : "I am, let me ask you this if we both say no what would you think these two would do?"

JH : "A no is a no."

MN : "I get that, but even if we say no. Nothings really gonna change, Jeongyeon would probably get a secret marriage for all I know. I told you if she wants something there's no stopping her, she's stubborn."

Mina shakes her head as she looks at Jeongyeon. Jeongyeon didn't say a word she shies away from the embarrassment she brought upon herself and Mina.

Jeongyeon didn't say a word she shies away from the embarrassment she brought upon herself and Mina

MN : "So if our Jeongyeon said she'll marry your Nayeon. Then she will, I believe in her just like when that time we found she loves Nayeon. I believe in everything she said and does, which includes mostly her stubbornness. We can say no and call it a day but we both know that's not gonna be the end of this, it'll only gonna create a bigger problem. What I'm trying to say here is we have to address the situation. If both of them want to do it then be it, it's their take. I'm saying this as her manager and not as her friend."

JH : "Aish...." She takes a deep breath. "I don't want to be the one to say, "I told you so." but I also don't want to be the only reason why this wedding didn't happen. As a friend I really am happy but as your boss, I can't just say yes without making my point. It's not gonna be that easy, you'll hear a lot and you'll take a lot. We all know what Jeongyeon wants and we all know she'll make it happen. So one last time, Nayeon is this what you really want?"

Jeongyeon looks at Nayeon, she has this thought that if Nayeon says she wants to take more time then she'll support her. Feeling pressure is the last thing Jeongyeon wants to make Nayeon feel.

Nayeon holds her hand tighter, she can even feel her nails digging in her hand.

NY : "I do Ji. I'm ready for whatever we have to go through."

JH : "Arraso, I said my opinions. I'll trust you with this one, Jeongyeon."

JY : "You don't have to worry a thing Ji, I promise."

JH : "Don't make promises to me, I'm not the one marrying you. And uhmmm...... Chukahae."

The three other girls smile. Jeongyeon stood up and hug Jihyo.

JY : "You don't know what this means for us."

NY : "Thank you."

JH : "Hai, hai, before anything else we have to acknowledge this. So when is the wedding due?"

JY : "Once the spring comes."

MN : "Spring?!"

JY : "Yeah?"

MN : "Yah! You didn't mention that, that's like 2 months from now."

JH : "Calm down, there's no point in getting riled up now. I already figure if we said yes, they'll do it soon as possible. I'm more surprised that it's not next week. To protect the two of you, we'll let the people believe that you've known and dated for a year."

NY : "We have to lie?"

JH : "That's the only do right now. Mina?"

MN : "I agree, it'll be for the two of you anyway."

JH : "We have to address this tomorrow. We'll send you what we finalize today but for now, let's call it a day for you two. It's been a long day, get some rest and clear your minds. We'll arrange a press conference tomorrow afternoon. Then, let's all get some dinner, I need a drink or two."

JY : "Your just gonna make me pay for this."

JH : "You better. Go, we still have to finish things here."

JY : "Mina thank you, I'll see you tomorrow."

MN : "You owe me."

JY : "No worries, I'll be the one helping you with your wedding."

MN : "Pabo."

Before Nayeon said a word she walks towards Jihyo, the younger looks up at her and offers her hand. "Like always, it's been a pleasure to work with you, Ms. Im." Jihyo said.

Nayeon grabs Jihyo and engulfs her in an embrace

Nayeon grabs Jihyo and engulfs her in an embrace. "Ani, it's always been a pleasure to have you as a friend."

Jihyo hugs her back holding the tears in her eyes. "Arraso, you better get going."

-

On their way back to the car, Nayeon keeps on looking at Jeongyeon. She

NY : "Do you think Jihyo was mad?"

Jeongyeon took a deep breath and let it go.

*SIGH*

JY : "She was but that's just how she is. She's your boss but I think she's madder because you are her friend. Don't overthink it. If it's anything, she's mad at me for taking you away."

Nayeon just looks at her, she didn't have to say a word because Jeongyeon understands her.

JY : "She's right not everyone will approve of it. There's always gonna be someone who won't accept it but that's okay just like what you said earlier, you'll always gonna have me by your side. It'll be you and me against the world."

---