CHAPTER 27

THE BEGINNING OF OUR END [2YEON]

68747470733a2f2f696d672e776174747061642e636f6d2f73746f72795f70617274732f313036393036383039362f696d616765732f313638386431653866343963363339663230323539353335363532362e6a7067?s=fit&h=360&w=720&q=80

NAYEON'S POV

[5 AM]

I usually wake up this early to get ready for work. The first thing I do when I get out of bed is to open my window, I just love the breeze of the morning air.

Then I go and get ready for work, sometimes if I get the time I make breakfast which rarely happens, after that I...

After that, what do I do again?

After that...

**PHONE VIBRATES**

FROM : YOO JEONGYEON

Good morning! I just got out of bed and thought about you. Did you have breakfast? I hope you have a great day today, if you need anything, if you need me, call me and I'll come running to you.

Ahhh maja, sometimes it's late but the Sun always greets me with her warmest smile and I know for sure, today will be great once again

Ahhh maja, sometimes it's late but the Sun always greets me with her warmest smile and I know for sure, today will be great once again.

-

Then Sana and ahjussi come to pick me up for work, it's always been the three of us since I started working in South Korea. To be honest there's not a dull moment with Sana. There's always something, it's either something she just found out, an argument with Momo, or just simply, Tzuyu. But without her, it'll be a whole new story.

After that, I met Dahyun, Momo's girlfriend. Mina the so-called baby of the J-line but definitely the unnie out of the three and Chaeyoung, Mina's long-time suitor. It's been a while since I got it here and I could certainly say that everything is better than it used to be.

SN : "Unnie, your girlfriend called a while ago."

NY : "What did she say?"

SN : "Woah! You didn't even ask who it was! Is Yoo Jeongyeon really your girlfriend now?"

NY : "Shhh! Someone might hear you."

SN : "Well sorry I was surprised to found out you two are dating."

NY : "Aish, we're not. It's just besides work she's the only one who calls me. And there's like no one else you use to tease me."

SN : "Fair enough...."

NY : "So what did she say?"

SN : "She said she's gonna finish work early tonight. So if you want she'll wait for you in her usual spot."

NY : "Hmmm."

"Position please!"

NY : "Tell her we might finish late. I'll send her a message later." I said walking back to the set.

SN : "Arraso."

-

Before we knew it, it's already 10 at night and we're in the car on our way back to the company. Sana hands me my phone just like any other day where I finish my schedule.

*15 MESSAGES*

It was all from Jeongyeon asking me what time I'm getting off, that's she's already done with work.

NY : "You didn't tell me I have messages."

SN : "Duh? You were busy, how can I? Plus weren't you the one who said you'll get back to her?"

NY : "I forgot...."

SN : "That's not surprising anymore, you always forget things anyway. I'm sure she's fine, just give her a call."

NY : "Aish...... Arraso."

I dialed her number but even after multiple tries, she wasn't picking up. Even when I text her I didn't get a single reply. I just hope she's not waiting for me.

After finishing the things I have to do back in the office, I excuse myself and told Sana I'll be taking a cab back home. Quickly I got into the elevator, into the lobby, and out to the parking lot. She said she's gonna wait at the same spot but I'm hoping her car was not there.....

But of course, it's here...

I tried knocking on the car but it seems empty. I put my hands on the window and look closer inside.

"You know you'll get in trouble if that's somebody else's car."

I turn around immediately like I was a 5-year-old kid who got lost and heard her mom calling. There she was, Yoo Jeongyeon was right behind me.

There she was, Yoo Jeongyeon was right behind me

NY : "Yah! You scared me. Where have you been?"

JY : "You don't look scared to me haha. I was right behind you since you got out of the door."

NY : "If you already saw me, you should've said something. You didn't have to follow me like that."

Jeongyeon chuckles "Mianhae, it's just my parents told me to follow my dreams."

Out of nowhere, I feel my cheeks getting hotter on this cold autumn night.

NY : "Stop joking like that."

JY : "I never said it was a joke."

NY : "What are you even doing here? How long have you wait???"

JY : "About 2-3 hrs?"

NY : "Ehhhh? You should've gone home. You didn't have to wait."

JY : "I told you I'll wait."

NY : "What's with today that you can't just leave this for tomorrow?"

JY : "Well, tomorrow is a weekend. No work for me and you, right?"

I nodded in agreement.

JY : "Then we should spend the rest of the night with some fresh air." She fidgets. "I mean, that's if you don't mind."

I look at her and wonder, where did it get hard to say no to her? Somehow, somewhere I started having a hard time rejecting Yoo Jeongyeon.

NY : "Arraso, it just because you waited for 3hrs for me."

JY : "Yey! I'll take you home after 30 minutes."

Jeongyeon opened the door and I settled inside but before we get on the road she grabs something in the back.

JY : "Here you go." She said handing me a rose.

NY :

NY : "Where did you get this?"

JY : "Well, I bought it on the way. I originally wanted to buy you a bouquet but if somebody sees me with that it'll be an issue."

NY : "I understand, thank you..... Even if it's one or a whole bouquet, I really do appreciate it."

Jeongyeon smiles at me and I realized I just said what's on my mind.

JY : "It's settled then, next time I'll take you to a garden but for now let's just enjoy the night."

We drove out of the parking lot and just like usual we shared what happened with us for the day. She made a right turn and I knew right away where we heading. I saw the street lights, the people who were walking around and of course the calm river.

When did Hangang become our place?

JY : "Gaja?" She smiles at me.

NY "I'm just wondering. If you like someone wouldn't you take them to something fancier? Like a restaurant? A bar? Or somewhere else other than here?"

JY : "You don't like it?" She pouts.

NY : "No, no. That's not what I meant, I was just wondering if is it because it's just me?"

JY : "Just you? Just you? Hmm ani, if it's you it should be the best. You said you've heard a lot about the Han river. How beautiful and calm it is, how the moon reflects perfectly on it, and how the night makes it clearer. Ever since that first time I took you here, you have this peaceful look on your face. You never realized but whenever you look at it, you get lost in it like how you always drift into something beautiful. I can see in your eyes how you have slowly fallen in love with it."

NY : "Then why would you take me to a place that I get lost?"

JY : "Simple, because you get lost in something you love. I would always choose han river over some fancy restaurant or a bar full of people we don't even know. I'll choose here because this is a place where the only thing that matters is Im Nayeon and me."

I look at her just what I always do whenever she says things like this. What more can I do? when she's always telling me things like this. When all she ever did is make me feel loved.

JY : "Let's go, if you don't hurry up will miss ahjumma and your ice cream."

Jeongyeon walks forward and I grab into her hand. And without looking back at me, Jeongyeon tightens her hold as if she's letting me know that she's never letting go. I ate my snack, she looks at me with a warm smile and blows this white smoke due to the coldness of the night. She then lets herself get drawn in the river.

After a long day of running around, after a long cold day I felt something warm inside of me.

After a long day of running around, after a long cold day I felt something warm inside of me

---