CHAPTER 25

THE BEGINNING OF OUR END [2YEON]

68747470733a2f2f696d672e776174747061642e636f6d2f73746f72795f70617274732f313037353931363431352f696d616765732f313638363131323632306266623639323634303335343833393337342e6a7067?s=fit&h=360&w=720&q=80

NO ONE'S POV

"I get out of work and the first thing I hear is you threaten to kick my . Who are you even talking to Mina-ssi?"

*DOOR OPENS*

MN : "I'm just saying you shouldn't compare anyone because they're all different."

JY : "Who are you even talking to? The wind? Are you going crazy? Let's go home before you turn mental, I want to talk to Nayeon."

Nayeon leans forward, revealing herself to the taller girl. Jeongyeon jolts at what she saw, she had to scratch her eyes just to make sure she's seeing this right.

Jeongyeon jolts at what she saw, she had to scratch her eyes just to make sure she's seeing this right

MN : "Surprise!" She said as if everything was her plan. "Bet your not in a hurry anymore, huh?" She smirks at her.

NY : "Annyeong." She smiles at her.

JY : "A-annye- Wait, what are you doing here?????"

MN : "Before anything else get yourself in here, we don't want people to see Im Nayeon inside Yoo Jeongyeon's car. Here you sit next to her, I'll go sit with ahjussi at front."

Jeongyeon enters the car, she was confused in a lot of ways. She awkwardly sits next to Nayeon, she wasn't expecting anything like this that she forgot to function.

NY : "Is something wrong?"

JY : "Nothing...... Really..."

NY : "Then why do you look like you saw a ghost? Am I making you uncomfortable? I can go grab a taxi.."

JY : "Don't... I'll drive you home, it's just I wasn't expecting a visit from you."

NY : "Mianhae, It's out of the blue. I just wanted to tell you something."

JY : "Ehhhh? You couldn't say it through the phone? You didn't have to come all the way here."

NY : "I could but I thought it's something we should talk about face to face."

JY : "Wait........ Am I thinking of the right thing? Are you gonna you like me?" She playfully said.

NY : "No..." Jeongyeon pouts. "I mean no, not yet." The taller girl smile at her. "That's not what I want to talk about today."

MN :

MN : "Maybe tomorrow Jeong, haha."

JY : "At least there's something for me to look forward to tomorrow."

MN : "I'm turning the lights off, you two should rest for now and talk whatever you want to on your way home."

NY : "Hmmm."

MN : "Sana told me, you had a long day unnie. Just take a nap and you can friendzone Jeongyeon later."

JY : "Yah!!! She didn't say anything like that?"

MN : "But did she say she likes you? See?"

JY : "Not yet! Jerk."

MN : "Yeah, yeah. Whatever."

JY : "Am I wrong?" She whisper.

NY : "No. Not at all." She smiles and grabs Jeongyeon's hand. "Now go take a nap and we can talk later."

JY : "H-hai." She stutter.

And that was the last thing Jeongyeon remembers. Shortly after they left the girl pass out, probably from her tiring day. She didn't even saw if Nayeon was able to take a nap. One thing was for sure though, Jeongyeon may have fallen asleep but she didn't let the older girl's hand go.

*THUD*

Mina opened the door, making this loud noise.

MN : "Wake up love birds! Were here."

JY : "For once, can you wake me up normally? You've been doing this since we started working together."

Jeongyeon scratches her eyes, on the process of doing so she notices that she's still holding Nayeon's hand. The older girl just looked at her and smile.

The older girl just looked at her and smile

JY : "Mianhae." She softly said.

NY : "Gwenchana."

MN : "Ohhhh, I wonder how much will dispatch pay me for a picture of this."

JY : "Are you really gonna do that to your friends?"

MN : "Depends."

JY : "Yah!"

MN : "Haha you two go home, I'll finish up here."

NY : "You're not coming with us?"

MN : "I don't want to make you two wait. I'll just grab a taxi."

JY : "But Chaeyoung is still in there... Wait a minute...... You two haven't talked, haven't you?????"

MN : "Just go, people might see you two. Besides it's still early you can grab on your way home or something. I'll see you tomorrow."

JY : "Yah, you're changing the topic."

MN : "Am not, unnie see you next time. Thank you for listening to me a while ago, remember what I told you okay? Bye-bye!" She said running away.

Nayeon just smiles and waved goodbye.

JY : "I can't believe she ignored me."

NY : "Haha, give her some time."

JY : "Arraso, if you say so. Gaja?"

NY : "Hai!"

-

Jeongyeon drives while Nayeon looks beyond the window

Jeongyeon drives while Nayeon looks beyond the window. It seems like the older girl is still half-asleep. Jeongyeon didn't mind, she's already contended to go home at the same time with her.

Nayeon yawns and unconsciously Jeongyeon did too.

NY : "Looks like Han river is lively tonight."

JY : "Well, it's still early."

NY : "It'll be great if we get Ice cream!"

JY : "Ice cream." They said in chorus.

NY : "Wait, how did you know?"

Jeongyeon chuckles. "Of course I know, I like you."

NY : "Ehh?"

JY : "HahaIt'll sound weird but one look at you and I can tell what you want. It's probably because I like you that I pay more attention to you." She smiles. "So how about we stop by and grab some ice cream?"

Nayeon tried hard not to smile but failed miserably.

How couldn't she? When she has this beautiful girl who treats her like she's her world

How couldn't she? When she has this beautiful girl who treats her like she's her world. She got used to how Jeongyeon just bluntly says the words whenever it's just the two of them. The thing is even though Jeongyeon says it often, Nayeon never felt the need to say it back.

It never felt like the taller girl is waiting for her to answer.

NY : "But what if people see us?"

JY : "They won't, if they did who cares? We'll just run as fast as we can and let Jihyo do some works."

NY : "She's gonna kill you if she finds out what you said."

JY : "Hahaha I trust you with my life, Ms. Im. Gaja?"

NY : "I want to say no but I can't. I'll buy you ice cream." She smiles.

She just nodded back at her then changes lanes. After finding a spot to park, the taller girl search grabs two jackets.

JY : "Use this for now." She grabs her hand. "And whatever..."

NY : "Whatever happens don't let go, you got it." She said raising their hands.

Jeongyeon chuckles, it's funny how it's just been a month and here they are finishing each other's sentences.

-

After grabbing their ice cream, the two of them found a spot to sit in front of the river. It was not that crowded since it's far away from the attraction and stores. They thought it's the perfect place to take their mask off.

JY : "Who eats ice cream at fall?"

NY : "It's not that cold."

JY : "Haha just say there's not a certain time for your crazy cravings."

NY : "If you don't want it, I'll eat both of them."

JY : "I didn't say that, I was just asking."

The two of them continue eating their food, they watch as the people have fun. Some are signing in and karaoke, some just enjoying the view and some playing with their kids.

JY "Oh, I have to get something."

NY : "Shall we go home?"

JY : "Ani, give me 5 minutes."

NY : "Arraso."

"Oh and Nabong!" Nayeon turns around. "Don't talk to strangers, I'll come and get you :)"

And that's the last thing she said before running away.

*LUB*DUB*

The older girl hears her heart beating, crazily. But what's new about it? Every time she's with Jeongyeon this is what she feels. Being with her was like falling asleep only to wake up in a dream.

Because every moment Im Nayeon spends with Yoo Jeongyeon is surreal

Because every moment Im Nayeon spends with Yoo Jeongyeon is surreal.

A few minutes later, while the older girl was busy appreciating the view, she felt this feathery thing pressed against her cheeks. She quickly turns around and found someone she wants to see, holding a piece of a pink rose.

JY : "Did you miss me?"

"I did." Nayeon says in her mind.

NY : "What's that?"

NY :

JY : "A rose?"

NY : "I can see that, what I mean is why do you have one?"

JY : "Ohhh." She sat next to her. "I just figure I haven't given you a flower since I told you I like you."

NY : "And? What's wrong with that?"

JY : "Hahaha flower is a must! Especially to someone special like you."

Jeongyeon offers her the rose.

NY : "Gomawo... It's been a while since I received flowers that are not from an endorsement."

JY : "Should I buy you one every day?"

NY : "Ani... You listening to me every time is already a gift."

"Wait!" Nayeon stands up.

"Wae?!" Jeongyeon did the same.

NY : "I almost forgot why I came to see you."

JY : "Ehhhhh? Is it really that important?"

NY : "It is."

JY : "Then tell me." She said grabbing both of Nayeon's hands.

NY : "About last time.... You didn't get to finish, so I wanted you to continue what you were saying."

Jeongyeon starts to laugh out loud. It scared her for a moment because she thought it's something important. She goes back to sitting and Nayeon did too.

JY : "Hahaha I can't even recall what was talking about that time."

NY : "I do! You were about to tell me who's your ex ."

JY : "Ohhh... You remembered that?"

NY : "Of course I did, I like....." *Cough* "I mean I have a good memory."

JY :

JY : "Hahaha but is it really important?"

NY : "Hmmm maybe? I just didn't want you to feel that I have to interest in your stories."

JY : "Well, if we're getting married then you should know, hahaha."

NY : "Pabo, I'm serious."

JY : "Ehhhhh do I look like I'm joking.? I'm very much serious too."

NY : "You're getting away from the topic."

JY : "Haha arraso, let's plan that next time. Hmmm, what was it again?"

NY : "Your ex."

JY : "Maja, my ex was Kim Jiyeon."

NY : "Kim Jiyeon? You mean the model?"

JY : "Yes. I meet her back in college, dated her for almost 6 years."

NY : "What happened?"

JY : "Haha let's say I didn't fit the person she wanted. The only reason she stayed with me is that she felt assured, that she knows I'm not gonna leave her. It was years of struggle because as she expected I didn't leave until I realized it was enough. I knew someone has to end it. If I let her come back every time she wants to then it wouldn't stop. So, I ended it."

NY : "Is she the reason why you're still single?"

JY : "Hmm before, maybe. But now, not even in a little. It's a choice, I didn't want to be in a relationship until I was sure."

NY : "Sure of what?"

JY : "Sure that the next person I let myself fall in love with will be worth it." She smiles at the older girl.

NY : "Don't you wanna fall in love with someone who has what you want?"

JY : "Hahaha I never really understand the concept of love. Of course, you two should be in love before you commit to a relationship. But I always think that when it comes to love, there's not really a certain reason for you to start liking someone. That in love you just have to find someone you don't mind risking everything. To be honest all I want is someone who's gonna stay."

"Jiyeon used to be that girl. She used to be the one, used to be the one that got away too. But people who are not willing to stay never stay. The more she leaves and comes back, the more I felt I was just doing it as an obligation. I wasn't doing it because I still want to do it. Slowly I realized were drifting apart, that at some point I was tried and I just wanted to stop."

Nayeon frowns, she feels bad for Jeongyeon. But at the same time, Nayeon couldn't stop but worry.

JY : "What's with the sad face?"

NY : "It's just...." She hesitates. "What if I'm not better than she was? What if I end up hurting you as she did?"

JY : "Do you think a day would come that you would purposely hurt me?"

NY : "Aniyo."

JY : "Then that's it. If you hurt me, we'll talk about it. Same thing if I was the one to hurt you, the most important thing is that we didn't intentionally do it. We'll do everything together, communicate with each other. It's not gonna be perfect, we'll have a time where we mess up because everyone does but just like the rest of us we'll try and fix it."

Jeongyeon stands up and walked a little closer to the river.

JY : "Beside's I only want you. I told you this before and I'm not gonna get tired of repeating it." She turns around slowly and smiles. "Im Nayeon, you're worth more than anything in this world."

The older girl nodded back as she feels this bliss blow in her way. Jeongyeon's smile is comforting and reassuring at the same time.

JY : "Let's go?" She offers her hand.

Nayeon looks at Jeongyeon. She grabs the taller girl's hand and said "Gaja." With the sweetest smile, she could ever make.

Because for a moment it felt like Yoo Jeongyeon was Inviting her into her world. 

She said yes, not because she was obligated or forced to say it

She said yes, not because she was obligated or forced to say it. But because at the moment, Im Nayeon believed it's the place where she belongs, it feels similar to home.

---