CHAPTER 26

THE BEGINNING OF OUR END [2YEON]

68747470733a2f2f696d672e776174747061642e636f6d2f73746f72795f70617274732f313036393037303832332f696d616765732f313638363133396634326662396539613634393037363432363433342e6a7067?s=fit&h=360&w=720&q=80

NO ONE'S POV

On the other side of the town one person, stealthy walks around the building. She doesn't really have to but she thought it'll be best if Chaeyoung doesn't see her. That's the last thing Mina wants to deal with tonight.

"What are you doing there, unnie?"

Mina quickly turns around, she sighs in relief when she found it was just Tzuyu.

*Sigh* "I was just checking Jeongyeon's schedule for next week."

TY : "Uhmm is kneeling on the ground part of checking it?"

MN : "Ani...."

TY : "Then???"

MN : "I- My pen fell on the ground. Look here it is." She said raising a random pen she picked in the ground.

Mina stood up and quickly notice Chaeyoung standing at the door staring at her

Mina stood up and quickly notice Chaeyoung standing at the door staring at her.

TY : "I guess it's Jeongyeon unnie's weirdness rubbing on you haha." She said walking towards the door. "I'm going home, Chaeng you coming?"

CY : "You go ahead Tzu... I just remembered I still have things to do."

TY : "You don't really have to make an excuse. You two enjoy the rest of the night, I'll see you tomorrow."

And the moment Tzuyu left, the room got filled with awkwardness. Mina looks down, she starts fidgeting with things on the table. Pretending she's doing something. Chaeyoung walks closer to her.

CY : "Are you going home unnie?"

MN : "I still need to look for things."

CY : "I can wait."

Mina stops what she was doing, took a deep breath, and exhale. It's ironic to hear Chaeyoung say do words.

MN : "You don't have to.... I don't want you to wait anymore."

CY : "Is this still about last time, unnie?"

MN : "It's always gonna be about that Chaeng."

CY : "When can we talk?"

MN : "Not tonight. I had a long day and I'm too exhausted to function, I don't want to say words I won't mean."

The Japanese pick up her things, she wouldn't even look at Chaeyoung in the eyes. She walks out of the room and to the company's lobby pretending she doesn't notice that the smaller girl is following her.

CY : "My car is this way, unnie."

MN : "I'm not coming with you. I'll go grab a taxi."

CY : "It's late, I promise I'm not gonna bother you. You can even sit in the back seat if you want to."

MN : "Chaeng, please not tonight."

Chaeyoung just stood there after what Mina said. She quietly watched as the Japanese got into a taxi without saying another word or even looking back at her.

And this is the problem with the smaller girl. There's no sense of urgency, Mina thought if she really wanted to talk she'll insist on it. But just like any other time, Chaeyoung chooses to be silent.

"We're here."

Mina's mind was flying somewhere she didn't even notice that she has arrived in her place.

MN : "Gomawo ahjussi."

She said getting out of the taxi. The guy in the reception said hi to her just like he always does. Just like the previous days the older guy couldn't help himself but ask her,

"Chaeyoung-ssi's not with you?"

MN : "Not tonight, she's been busy lately."

"Ohh... I hope next time she could finish work on time so I can see you smile."

Mina looks at the older guy wondering what he meant.

"It's just you look a lot happier whenever she's with you."

She smiles at him although it seems sweet to the older guy, there was this bitterness hidden in it.

MN : "I hope too. See you tomorrow ahjussi."

"Hai, hai. Get a good rest Ms. Myoui."

Mina makes her way to her apartment. It's not really surprising how people notice the difference between her being alone and being with Chayeoung.

She wouldn't even deny it, she loves her. Of course, she's a lot happier whenever she's around. She hopes it's that simple. She hopes everything was less complicated than they are. Maybe if it was she won't feel this pain.

*DOOR OPENS*

And even her could notice the difference. Usually, after a long day of work, Chaeyoung would drive her home, walk her upstairs and ask for a coffee. The smaller girl would tell her she'll stay for 5 minutes until that 5 minute turns to 1 hour. They would go on and on about the movies they watched or play until Chayeoung admits defeat. Sometimes it'd more than an hour. But it doesn't really matter how long they stay up, Mina likes having her around.

But tonight she just wants to go straight to bed, she doesn't even want to wash. She turns off the lights, jumps into her bed, and hopes the coldness of night would put her to sleep.

*Sighs* Chaeyoung's been following Mina for a while now. It started after the Japanese asked her that question. She would wake up early and watch Mina get into a taxi to work. And do the same thing as the older girl go home.

Chaeyoung thought it was the only thing she can do for now

Chaeyoung thought it was the only thing she can do for now.

As soon as the lights in Mina's apartment turned off, Chaeyoung left. She drove back to her place just to realize she forgot her bag in the office. So, instead of waiting for the next day, Chaeyoung decided to just get it.

"What better things do I have to do?" She asked herself.

The moment she got into the office, it was already empty.

"Annyeong Chaeyoung-ssi. What brought you here?" The night shift guard ask.

CY : "I forgot my bag."

"Is that so? Do you want me to walk you over?"

CY : "It's fine, I'll be quick."

"Arraso."

Chayeoung navigates her way through the dark hall of the building. Nothing really scares her more than losing Mina.

Nothing.

"Boo!"

On the top of her lungs, Chaeyoung hit the highest pitch she could ever in her whole life.

On the top of her lungs, Chaeyoung hit the highest pitch she could ever in her whole life

"Hahahahahahaha! You could be a ballad singer with that!"

CY : "Pabo-yah! What were you thinking hyung?" She said hitting the taller girl

JY : "What? Haha I know you would do the same if it was you. You look stiff a while ago, in the dark scaring you?"

CY : "I was more afraid to see you. What are you even doing here?"

JY : "Ohh I had to check my schedule. I was in a hurry earlier."

CY : "Ehh? But doesn't unnie remind you about that?"

JY : "She does.. But lately, some things have been occupying her mind. Come to think of it, you had the same look a while ago? Is something wrong?"

CY : "Nothing..... Nothing.. Really."

JY : "You do know you said nothing twice right? Arraso, if you don't wanna talk about it then it's fine. I should head home. See you tomorrow?"

CY : "Hai."

Chayoung watches as Jeongyeon walks away from her. She's been contemplating about it until she realized that maybe the problem was her saying it was nothing.

CY : "Hyung!" She shouts.

JY : "What's up?" She said as she turns around.

CY : "Uhm... Do you wanna go and have dinner or something? I promise it'll not be that long."

JY : "Haha even if it takes the whole night Chaeng, I'll listen. I'll wait for you downstairs?"

CY :

CY : "Hai, I'll just grab my things."

JY : "Arraso."

Chaeyoung hurriedly picks up her bag and runs her way back downstairs to meet with the older girl.

JY : "Gaja? I know a good place."

CY : "Okay. I'll follow you there."

JY : "Arraso. See you there."

The smaller girl just nodded in response.

-

And she was expecting it'll be some kind of fancy bar with a lot of people. She completely forgot this is Jeongyeon, the girl who always hides from everyone. And if it's Jeongyeon, it'll be just a simple tent in the middle of nowhere.

CY : "How did you find this place?"

JY : "I used to come here back when I was in college. Isn't it the best? I mean look at the place, fresh air and it's secluded."

CY : "Well, if it's you then it's perfect."

JY : "Yah..... What do you mean by that?"

CY : "Haha nothing. Let's order and go home."

JY : "Tss, arraso. Ahjumma! Can I have the usual? Just make it double for tonight."

"You got it Jeong."

CY : "I guess you do go here often. Have you taken Nayeon unnie here?"

JY : "For what? To have soju?"

CY : "Pabo, to eat street food."

JY : "Most of the time we're both busy, if we do get to hang out it's just a few minutes after work."

CY : "It's hard, isn't it?" She fidgets on her cup.

JY : "Aniyo."

The older lady put their food on their table. Chayeoung was wondering if she heard it right.

CY : "What did you say?" She asks after the older girl left.

JY : "I said it's not."

Chaeyoung saw how a smile formed on Jeongyeon's lips.

JY : "It's not really that hard. To be honest, it never felt like that. Even if it's just for 5 minutes I'll take it."

CY : "Haha I guess you are really are in love."

JY :

JY : "I am. Haha there's no denying that, I fell hard and I didn't even attempt to stand up. And you? Do you still love her?"

CY : "Who?"

JY : "You know who I'm talking about."

CY : *Sighs* "Somi? You know we never really got to that point."

JY : "Because she was sick, right? But if she wasn't?"

CY : "I don't know, it's just... I've been around her a lot, I wasn't even sure how I really felt for her. She was my first love, how can she not be? We grew up together."

JY : "And Mina?"

CY : "You know how I feel about unnie."

JY : "Then what's the problem?"

CY : "Well, turns out I've made unnie feel I like her just because she's a lot like her."

JY : "Uhm, don't you?"

CY : "Of course not! Those two are very different. It's just I tend to say the wrong things to unnie. But Mina unnie is a lot different, not just with Somi but everyone that I met. She likes ketchup so much I think she's addicted to it. She loves handicrafts, especially knitting. She's quiet around the people she's not close to but she loves to talk when she's around people she likes. She's a homebody if she can she'll stay inside her house in her favorite sweater, and of course, above all the things, she has this big heart.

She's a homebody if she can she'll stay inside her house in her favorite sweater, and of course, above all the things, she has this big heart

I didn't mean to make her feel like that, it's just I run out of words to say whenever she's around. Even after 3 years I still can't say what's on my mind. I mean how do you even talk to an angel?"

Jeongyeon chuckles she almost choked on her water.

CY : "How do you even tell someone you love her like she's the sun and moon in your world? That she's all that matters in everything between? The more I think about it, the more I fail to say the words."

The older girl collects herself, she thought Chaeyoung was joking a while ago but she could see the sincerity in her eyes.

JY : "Then just tell her that."

CY : "How.... When every time I do I fail?"

JY : "Sometimes you have to make her listen Chaeng. Mina thinks she's more mature than everyone else but she's not. She's just stubborn as Sana and Momo are. She knows how much you love her. That girl just loves how you pour effort on her, the problem is you mixed up your words, and of course, at some point, she'll doubt herself. Just be honest with yourself and with her. Just say the first thing that comes to your mind, it wouldn't matter if it's some silly thing. You just have to tell her Chaeng."

CY : "If I did do you think it'll make her feel better?"

JY : "It's not about you making her feel better, it's about you telling her what you really feel about her. It's about you being honest with yourself. Don't worry your hyung will help you."

CY :

CY : "Now that you said you're gonna help me, I'm more worried."

JY : "Yah! If you don't want then I won't."

CY : "Haha I was just kidding.. Thank you hyung."

JY : "Gwenchana, I know you'll do the same if it was me. Besides, I'll always have your back."

The taller girl smiled at her and gave her a pat on the back.

The taller girl smiled at her and gave her a pat on the back

-

It's been days since the last time Mina saw Chaeyoung. Well, it's better to say that it's been days of her hiding from the smaller girl. She's afraid to see her and hear things she doesn't want to hear. Today Jeongyeon had the promise to take her home, she's just fixing her things and was on her way to meet the taller girl when she heard a knock on the door.

"Annyeong unnie." She said in the softest voice she can.

And out of habit, Mina turns around. Like she always does whenever she hears her.

Chaeyoung smiled and somehow the room became a little brighter. Mina tries hard not to look at her, she knows that a smile would just make things better and she doesn't want that. She doesn't want things to get better, not until they sort things out.

CY : "Are you going home?"

MN : "I am."

CY : "I'll give you a ride. Maybe we can get those corn dogs you really love on the way home."

MN : "I have to go, Jeongyeon is waiting for me."

CY : "She left, she said she has somewhere to be."

MN "Then I'll get a taxi."

CY : "It's the rush hour it'll take you hours to grab one. I'll give you a ride and if it makes you feel any better you can pay me by buying corndog."

Before Mina could even decline the offer, Chaeyoung had already picked her things and walk out of her office. She didn't really have a choice after that, so she followed the smaller girl to the parking lot. Chaeyoung puts her things inside and looks at her.

CY : "Get in unnie."

Mina is stubborn, she won't admit it but she's more stubborn than Sana and Momo when it comes to things she doesn't want.

MN : "Chaeng, stop acting like there's nothing wrong with us. You know as much as I do that thing between us are that the same."

CY : "Get in the car unnie."

MN :

MN : "Son Chaeyoung, I don't want to play this kind of game anymore."

Chaeyoung pursed her lips and looked at her.

MN : "Let's just get this over with Chaeng. 2 years of waiting is enough for both of us. You waited for me and I waited for this day. For you to say it's not going to be, it'll never be me."

CY : "I'm gonna run to her."

The Japanese knew exactly what she was talking about, she was even anticipating this answer. But the pain is nothing like she ever expected, it was more painful than she thought. With immense pain, Mina smile took a deep breath and starts walking away.

She was right, it's not just Chaeyoung who has waited for 3 years. She knows part of the reason why Chaeyoung never complained about everything going slow was that she wasn't ready when she met Mina.

CY : "I.... I would go to her and tell her I missed her, that it was nice knowing her. I'll thank her for the friendship we had, ask for forgiveness, and say goodbye...... For the last time." She said grabbing Mina's hand. "After that I'll come running to you, if you are nowhere near, I'll find you. Because I know my place will always be here, it's always gonna be right next to you. I love you, Mina."

The Japanese turned around and her eyes were filled with tears

The Japanese turned around and her eyes were filled with tears. This is all she ever want and for the first time in a while, Mina runs out of words to say, she grabs Chaeyoung and kissed her.

---

(A/N) This is just a filler story haha. Let's just say they finally got together after that kiss. I'll try to update the next chapters early :) I hope everyone is having a great time, stay safe and healthy!

Don't forget to support our girls with the upcoming comeback! :)

Don't forget to support our girls with the upcoming comeback! :)