CHAPTER 19

THE BEGINNING OF OUR END [2YEON]

68747470733a2f2f696d672e776174747061642e636f6d2f73746f72795f70617274732f313036333334393731302f696d616765732f313637643264613638373833643738633830353039313433353837312e6a7067?s=fit&h=360&w=720&q=80

NO ONE'S POV

Nayeon had a hard time when she saw the taller girl again because she wasn't sure how to act around her. She's still denying what Jeongyeon meant but you can't really blame her. Although it's more likely to be what she thought Nayeon didn't want to assume things, most importantly she doesn't even know how to feel about it.

The more days passed the more it felt like the conversation didn't happen. She was too shy to open up about the topic and the other girl was too nice she didn't mention it again. It's a good thing Jeongyeon didn't change since that day and Nayeon seemingly forgot about it as time goes by until she heard a familiar voice

"Why Im Nayeon?"

-

Jeongyeon was making her way to steal a glance at studio 2. It's her last day of taping in the building and thought she should at least use this chance to see Nayeon. The moment she steps into the studio the people start to disappear. By some means she got used to it, it became her new normal.

Yoo Jeongyeon's world consists of only herself and Im Nayeon.

Yoo Jeongyeon's world consists of only herself and Im Nayeon

"Okay everyone let's take a quick break." Their director said.

The taller girl hurriedly runs away, getting caught is the last thing she wants to happen besides Mina is probably looking for her.

"If isn't Yoo Jeongyeon."

JY : "Aren't we bumping too much with each other lately? It almost feels like your following me around Kim Jennie."

JN : "As if, I think it makes more sense if you say it the other way around."

JY : "Hahaha you wish I have someone I've been following and sorry to break your heart it's not you."

JN : "I know, it's Nayeon right?"

JY : "Hmmmm"

JN : "Oh come on I watched ISAC and there's a lot of articles about you two. It seems like everyone is just waiting for you to announce what's the real score is."

JY : "Not this again."

JN : "Are you really sure you don't like her?"

JY : "What if I did? What's wrong if I did?"

JN : "Ehhhh you said a different thing a while ago."

JY : "A person can have a change of heart but I'm not saying I do I was just asking what if I did."

JN : "Then why her?" She stares at the other girl. "Why Im Nayeon?"

JY : "Hahahaha why is it every time we see each other you asked me about this thing? You sure you don't like me?"

JN : "There's a lot of people around that you can date, better than she is. She wouldn't even compare to your ex Jeong, that girl holds the universe in her eyes."

Suddenly the girl became serious making the atmosphere suffocating. Not in the slightest did Jeongyeon like what she said.

JY :

JY : "That was uncalled for, comparing her to someone who's not even here is not right. You're better than this Jennie. And yes, I do, I do like Nayeon just like how everyone thinks of and it's not a question of why. Because obviously, I'm in love with her, I think that's enough reason, right? If that's all you want to know then I'm leaving."

JN : "Jeong I didn't-"

JY : "I heard enough for today let's call it a day." She smiles and walked away.

-

Nayeon didn't mean to eavesdrop, it just happened that when she was about to go to the restroom Jeongyeon and Jennie were already out there. She couldn't move her legs as if they were glued to the concrete. She was there the whole time hearing every single word.

JY : "I heard enough for today let's call it a day."

Nayeon catches a glimpse of Jeongyeon walking away, unconsciously her body starts to move following the taller girl. She passed by Jennie who worriedly looked at her as if she was asking her if she was okay.

But Nayeon wasn't looking for her and she's definitely not gonna stop for her.

She continues to follow Jeongyeon, it's harder to catch up to her. The girl has long legs and she's walking faster than she usually does, almost like she's running.

NY : "Jeongyeon."

NY : "Jeongyeon!"

The taller girl stopped and turn around. Nayeon stops to catch her breath.

JY : "What are you doing here?" She said walking towards the older girl.

JY : "Did you see me and Jennie? Did you hear anything?"

Nayeon just looked at her.

JY : "It's not what it seems to be."

NY : "Why me?" She asked nonchalantly.

Jeongyeon sighs, she had enough of Jennie and now she has Nayeon asking her the same damn question.

JY : "So you did hear us. I don't understand why you two are asking me this. I mean I guess you have the right to know but her?"

NY : "You want to know why she's so interested in finding why you choose me? Why it has to be Im Nayeon out of all the people in this world?"

JY : "You don't really have to tell me, whatever her reason is it's not gonna change a thing."

NY : "Because Kim Jennie was my ex."

Nayeon looks at her dead in the eyes and Jeongyeon didn't know how to react to what she just said

Nayeon looks at her dead in the eyes and Jeongyeon didn't know how to react to what she just said. Is she supposed to take it seriously? Because it didn't cross her mind that the person who hurt Nayeon was right next to them.

It didn't cross her mind that Kim Jennie was Nayeon's only ex.

NY : "She wants to know because she knows I'm not good enough for you. She knows because she was the one who broke me. And she's right, you should listen to your friends. There's someone out there who's gonna love you better than I could. Why me? I'm still a mess, a work in progress, part of me is still missing Jeongyeon. So out of all the people in the world why... Why me?"

All the time she was talking Jeongyeon was just staring at her intently.

NY : "It's not late yet, you can take back what you said. You can forget what you feel, it's not too late to save yourself from this, to save yourself from me."

Nayeon's legs grew weak it brought her down to the ground, hurriedly she hugs her knees hiding her face.

And it's the way tears filled the older girl's eye, the way Im Nayeon can't love herself that made Yoo Jeongyeon's heartache.

JY : "It wouldn't make any difference if you were her ex or not." She said sitting in front of the older girl.

NY : "Aren't you listening? I'm still trying to fix myself and you deserve someone who's complete." She stubbornly said.

JY : "Aren't we all a little broken inside? I don't need anything more than what you are right now. You can fix yourself, I'll wait and it doesn't matter if that day comes or not, I'll wait."

NY : "But it'll be unfair for you."

JY : "Ani, it'll be a pleasure to wait and see that day. What's unfair is the way you cry, the way it hurts. I know no one knows how hard it has been but from now on it'll be different from how it has been. You'll have me no matter what and I guarantee you every step will be worth it."

She softly said as she pats her head.

NY :

NY : "Did you really mean it? What you said to her?" She muffled.

JY : "Every single word I said was true. I do like you. I like you a lot and that's worth over a million reasons you can think for why not you."

Nayeon didn't answer, she starts to calm down.

JY : "Gaja?"

NY : "Huh?"

JY : "You have to go back to work and so do I. I'll walk you to your studio."

The older girl lifts her head and saw Jeongyeon holding a handkerchief.

JY : "I'll lend it to you, for now, we don't want people to see you like that don't we?" She smiles.

NY : "You don't have to......."

JY : "I insist, it's the only thing I can do for you. Gaja." She said walking first making sure she blocks the path Nayeon walks on in case somebody bumps into them.

NY : "Uhmm thank you... I don't have the answers right now but hopefully one day I will."

JY : "Don't sweat it, I already said I'm gonna wait. It wouldn't even matter if it takes a while or not or if it doesn't happen at all."

NY : "Gomawo."

Nayeon watches Jeongyeon's back, she has her hands in her pocket, her shoulders were broad and her hair looks a lot softer from where she stands. It's the first time that Jeongyeon walked in front of her, it's usually the taller girl walking next to her or behind her.

JY : "Ohhh by the way do you have anything to do on Sunday?"

NY : "Nothing."

JY : "Then how about this, let's go somewhere to clear our minds?"

NY : "Hmmm."

JY : "I mean it'll be okay if you reject me."

NY : "Ani, I think we need it."

JY : "Arraso, then I'll pick you at 8?"

Nayeon nodded in response.

JY : "You should go inside, they're probably looking for you."

NY : "Hai, thanks again and I'll see you on Sunday."

---