CHAPTER 36

THE BEGINNING OF OUR END [2YEON]

68747470733a2f2f696d672e776174747061642e636f6d2f73746f72795f70617274732f313039323538373533312f696d616765732f313638663334393632663034313666373633323335393838363030352e6a7067?s=fit&h=360&w=720&q=80

NO ONE'S POV

[10 AM]

Nayeon wakes up to this mundane morning, the first thing she did was look for her phone. There wasn't anything on it, not a single text or call. Jeongyeon must still be sleeping.

She looks around and it feels wrong not waking up to Jeongyeon

She looks around and it feels wrong not waking up to Jeongyeon. She knows even if she stands up she's not gonna see her in the kitchen. So what's the point of getting up? Besides she feels this weight pressing her down the bed. Nayeon turns around, looks far outside the window.

"I wish you were here." She sighs.

And as she was about to close her eyes, she hears this knocking on her door. She would run to it but she knows it's not gonna be Jeongyeon she'll open the door to.

Again, what's the point if it's not Jeongyeon calling her?

"Unnie, breakfasts ready. Mom and dad are waiting downstairs."

NY : "Arraso, I'll be right there in a minute."

Right, she's back in New Zealand, thousands of miles away from South Korea. She should be happy since she's back home and she's with her family. She even had the chance to meet with her friends.

But why does she feels like she's homesick?

The only time she felt like this was when she decided to fly to South Korea to be an actress. Nayeon know's why, she knows it very well. She feels sick and tired, that all she wants to do is sleep because she left a part of her in South Korea. She might have learned it a little later but she's sure that the place she used to call home has become a person.

Because a home is not where you are from, it's where you belong. And Im Nayeon belongs to Yoo Jeongyeon.

Yoo Jeongyeon is her home.

Yoo Jeongyeon is her home

-

NM (Nayeon's Mom) : "You're not talking to Jeongyeon?"

SY : "Jeongyeon unnie probably grew tired of talking to her."

ND (Nayeon's Dad) : "Seoyeon.."

SY : "Mianhae."

Nayeon sticks her tongue on her sister. *Bleh*

NY : "She's probably still in bed. It's just 7 back there."

ND : "Maja. where is she spending new year's eve?"

NY : "She said she's gonna go back to her parents' place and celebrate with them."

NM : "That's great. You can go back to bed after eating, you look tired. Just rest and take a nap."

NY : "Arraso."

After finishing her breakfast Nayeon went back to her room and open the windows. It's a bit hot unlike in South Korea which is freezing at the moment.

Nayeon remembers Jeongyeon and their Christmas. Well, Nayeon remembers Jeongyeon all the time.

The two of them spend the whole week snuggle up in Jeongyeon's place. Cold mornings, hot choco, and warm greetings from Jeongyeon are what Nayeon wakes up to. While chilly nights and a warm hug from Jeongyeon is what she sleeps to.

It was a whole week of pure bliss and euphoria.

It didn't matter if they're just watching tv or walking outside. Nayeon knew it was perfect because Jeongyeon was with her.

Nayeon knew it was perfect because Jeongyeon was with her

Going back to New Zealand was a last-minute decision. Nayeon has already made up her mind, she planned to have the new year celebration with Jeongyeon. But the taller girl saw through her, she knew Nayeon misses her family. So three days before the new year Jeongyeon came home holding a ticket.

"I want you to be happy, I want you to go home." That's what she said.

The taller girl assured her she's gonna be alright. She'll go home to see her parents and unnies, and they'll call each other until Nayeon comes back.

"It'll be 5 days, it'll be easy." That's what Jeongyeon said but nothing about this is easy.

Next thing she knows she's on her way to New Zealand. The first day was just like what she expected. She was glad she's back with her family but today when she woke up she suddenly craves Jeongyeon's presence. Now that she thinks of it 5 days is really a long time for them.

*RING*RING*

INCOMING CALL FROM: YEOBO

Nayeon quickly grabs her phone almost dropping it. She took a deep breath after another, she's getting nervous for no reason.

NY : "A-annyeong?" She stutter.

JY : "Good morning yeobo!"

NY : "Good morning Jeong."

JY : "Are you having fun? Did you eat breakfast? What are you doing now?"

Nayeon chuckles. How could she not miss Jeongyeon? When all she ever do is make her feel loved?

NY : "I am. I just finished eating breakfast and I'm just watching tv. How about you?"

JY : "That's great! I'm out right now. Seungyeon unnie forgot to buy things so we're making late morning errands."

SG : "Stop blaming me. It wasn't all my fault." She said in the background. "Oh and good morning Nayeonnie."

NY :

NY : "Good morning unnie."

JY : "I just call to recharge and to tell you I'll be busy for the rest of the day. I have to help appa but I'll message you from time to time. Don't miss me too much okay? I'll see you soon! I love you!"

NY : "Arraso, be careful out there. I love you too and I'll see you soon."

*END OF CALL*

"Pabo, you should've told her, you miss her." She said to herself.

And even though she still feels this uncomfortable sensation in her heart, Nayeon feels a little better hearing Jeongyeon's voice. So instead of sulking she made her way back to the living room and help her mother with anything she could do.

-

Before she knows it, it's already late in the night and it's almost time for the Im's to go to the nearby park. It's a family tradition, they welcome the new year outside having a picnic while watching the firework displays.

NM : "Okay everyone got their phones?"

The three nodded.

NM : "If you get lost, you know who to call."

SY : "Mom we're both adults. I think we know how to look for you if we get lost."

NY : "Majayo."

NM : "I know that, to be honest, I'm more concern that your father will get lost."

ND : "Ehhhh?"

NY : "Hahaha then you better hold him tight."

NM : "I will, you and Seoyeon hold each other so you won't get lost."

SY : "Ew."

NY : "Back at you."

NM : "Haha where did the years went Yeobo? They used to be sweet with each other."

ND : "I know right. Seoyeon used to cry whenever Nayeon leaves. I mean, she did cry when Nayeon went to South Korea."

SY : "Dad!!!!"

NY : "Aigoo what a big baby."

NM : "Haha arraso, just remember if you get lost call, someone. Gaja, all the good spots are almost taken."

The Im's walks into the park, it seems like a lot of people have found their spot. There was this overhead speaker blasting music around the place.

But it's really just a green field of nothingness.

The moon illuminates the whole place, you can see how smiles were formed in each family, couple, and group of friends. Nayeon misses this, she misses everything about the place she grew up to.

Everything was captivating, she was too engrossed in her surroundings she got lost. Of course, the first instinct she has was to call someone who'll help her.

*RING*RING*

JY : "What's up Nabong?"

NY : "I'm lost. I got separated from the others."

JY : "Hmmmm. Then, shouldn't you call your parents? Or Seoyeon?"

Nayeon chuckles as she realizes what she did. "Maja, you're the first one I thought of calling."

JY : "Haha gwenchana I would've done the same thing. Speaking of which, I think I'm lost too."

NY : "Ehh? Didn't you tell me you're just at home? How could you get lost?"

JY : "Lost without you."

NY : "Haha pabo. I'll call you later, okay?"

JY : "Arraso. Let me know once you find them."

NY : "Arraso."

*END OF CALL*

Nayeon continues walking around, she was trying to call any of the three but no one picked up their phones.

NY : "No one answering, mom even reminded us to just call if we get lost." She sighs.

She thought of stopping, maybe in this way she'll find them. But what she found was someone she's not expecting, because Nayeon saw a familiar silhouette.

The first thing she thought is she's just going crazy because she's missing her too much

The first thing she thought is she's just going crazy because she's missing her too much. At the same time as she walks toward where this familiar back is. Her heartbeat starts racing, like how it always does whenever she runs toward the taller girl.

And every step she takes feel like coming home.

"I'm dreaming, right?" She asks herself as she feels her whole body tremble.

She wants to get this over with, she wants to see who is this that resembles her lover but her body just stopped moving.

It was a good thing the girl turns around, greet her with the brightest smile out of all the people here tonight.

"Oh, Annyeong!" She waved.

Yoo Jeongyeon stands a few steps away from where Im Nayeon is

Yoo Jeongyeon stands a few steps away from where Im Nayeon is.

Suddenly the fireworks light up the dark sky. The music and everyone around them slowly disappears, it's like she's reaching a new peak in this dream.

It was just her and Jeongyeon.

It was just Im Nayeon and Yoo Jeongyeon in their own little world.

She brushes her eyes a couple of times. "Wake up, stupid." She said in the back of her mind. She thought it was impossible. Impossible to have her here, to have a perfect night, a perfect dream. Maybe it's still in the middle of the day and she's just fast asleep.

With everything happening, Nayeon forgot she's lost. But then she thought, is she really lost?

Because it seems like she has been found.

Slowly the tears fall from her eyes. A simple greeting was enough to make a grown woman cry. She's not even sure why their tears running down her face. Wasn't sure why she's all choked up.

The taller girl walks closer to her. Every step is surreal, in a blink of an eye, Jeongyeon embraces her. This is when she realized that the perfect dream she's having, really is her reality.

Finally Nayeon feels she's home.

NY : "W-wae?" She stutter.

Jeongyeon wipes the tears in Nayeon's cheeks. "I wanted to be with you as the year-end." She smiles. "Screw that, if the world is ending tomorrow I want to be with you. Im Nayeon, I want to be with you all the time."

Nayeon looks at her and just like that she started crying hard again. Nayeon keeps on thinking. How do you miss someone so much? Why do 3 days feel like eternity, like forever? Her head is a mess and she didn't know where to start.

Jeongyeon hugs her, tighter than she did a while ago, tighter than she usually does. "Uljima, (TR : Don't cry) I missed you too."

That's it she should start with that

That's it she should start with that. "I miss you so much Jeong." She said hugging the taller girl.

"Happy new year!" Everyone starts screaming.

The people start to re-appear from Nayeon's point of view. But she didn't really care, all that matters to her is this person she has in her arms.

"Look at that, I made it in time. I was able to be with the person I love the most before the year-end. Nayeon-ssi, happy new year." Jeongyeon whispers to her.

Nayeon just shakes her head.

ND : "You found her."

JY : "I did uncle." She smiles

The older girl turns around and saw her family watching them.

NY : "You knew she's coming?"

JY : "Ani, they didn't. I didn't know too, it was in the spur of the moment. When I called you earlier I realized I couldn't wait any longer. I have to see you soon. So, I asked Seungyeon unnie to drop me off at the airport. When I arrive I called Seoyeon to ask where you are, that's why I don't have anything with me. Mianhae, auntie, uncle, Seoyeon."

NM : "Gwenchana, we're glad that we finally saw you in person."

SY : "When are you flying back unnie? Are you taking this annoying unnie with you?" She teases Nayeon.

JY : "Haha, unfortunately, I have to go back today. So, that means you get another day with your favorite unnie."

ND : "Why not just wait until you can go back at the same time?"

JY : "I have work to do uncle, haha. I haven't called my manager about this but she's certainly going to kill me."

NM : "Haha, I wish you good luck with that. Come on, our food will get cold. Let's catch up while we eat."

JY : "Arraso."

The Im's walked ahead, Nayeon stayed in her place as she is still trying to process what just happened.

JY : "Don't get yourself lost again." She said offering a hand.

-

The dawn continued like that, Jeongyeon holds Nayeon's hand the whole time. She keeps on telling the Im's how great it feels that most of the people don't recognize her. They continue talking, mostly about Nayeon's childhood until it was about time to go.

When they got back the Im's excluding Nayeon excuse themselves, to have a nap before the taller girl leaves for South Korea. They left the two of them alone, Jeongyeon couldn't stop but swoon over pictures of Nayeon when she was smaller. The older girl looks at her and she realized Jeongyeon looks a lot comfier than she usually does.

And at the break of dawn, Jeongyeon wishes for one thing. "I wish I've met you earlier." She smiles at the older girl.

Nayeon moves closer, she held both of her cheeks and rested her forehead against Jeongyeon

Nayeon moves closer, she held both of her cheeks and rested her forehead against Jeongyeon. "Me too, I wish I've met you early in my life." She then presses her lips against Jeongyeon.

The new year has arrived.

[AUCKLAND INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT; 8 AM]

A place of many hello and goodbyes. A place flooded with tears of happiness and sadness.

The Im's drove Jeongyeon to the airport. Nayeon lends her some of her clothes since the girl came with just her passport, wallet, and cellphone.

SY : "Did you two get any sleep?"

JY : "Aniyo, your unnie keeps on telling me stories."

SY : "I told you she's annoying."

Jeongyeon chuckles. "It seems like it."

NY : "Stop making it look like I wanted it. You were the one who keeps on asking me to tell you a story, before we knew it, it's already time to go."

JY : "Well, it's not my fault I couldn't get enough of you."

NY : "Jinja? In front of my parents?"

ND : "I don't see anything wrong with that, as long as she's saying the truth."

NY : "It's like you just said you'll give me to her."

ND : "Hmmm, why not? She's a really nice girl, you two will make a good marriage."

NY : "Mom...."

NM : "Your dad is right."

JY : "Should I pop the question?" She chuckles.

SY : "We have a no return policy unnie."

JY : "Haha, no worries. I'm not planning to make a return."

NY :

NY : "Okay, enough. I get it, my family we'll let someone weird take me as her wife. Now, you go before you miss your flight."

JY : "Haha, arraso. Auntie, Uncle Seoyeon I'll see you guys again. I'll try to get some time off work and visit you guys or if you get the chance you can come to visit us. We have extra rooms in my parents' place. They'll love to have all of you there."

ND : "Gomawo, we'll look forward to it."

NM : "Be careful out there and let us know once you arrive."

SY : "Unnie, don't get tired of my unnnie. You're the only hope."

JY : "Haha I won't please look after her until she can come back to me. Nayeon, I'll be going."

NY : "Arraso. Call me, okay?"

JY : "Yes I will."

Jeongyeon hugs everyone before leaving, the Im's watch as she go up the stairs.

*RING*RING*

Nayeon grabs her phone.

NY : "Wae?"

JY : "You told me to call you."

NY : "Pabo, I mean once you arrive back home."

JY : "But I want to hear your voice. I miss you already."

NY : "It haven't even been 5 minutes Yoo Jeongyeon."

JY : "Does it really matter how long it has been? The moment your not on my side I start going crazy."

Nayeon watches Jeongyen reach the second floor, the taller girl suddenly turns around to them and waved.

JY : "I love you, I'll pick you up tomorrow."

NY : "I love you too." She said looking at Jeongyeon disappear from her view.

NM : "Gaja?"

Nayeon nodded back.

NY : "Where are you now?"

JY : "Hmm I can see duty-free from here."

NY : "That's not even half of where your gate is. Walk a little faster, Mina will kill you if you miss this flight."

JY : "Haha, gwenchana, she's gonna kill me anyway. If it's you I'll gladly die young."

NY : "Pabo, I'll hate you if you did."

JY : "Ehhhhh????"

NY : "Stop saying things like that. Uhmmm.."

She hesitates, she doesn't want to get teased but she wants to be honest even just for today. She wants to be selfish and say all the things she truly desire.

NY : "It'll be great if we could have more time like this. So, instead of thinking you'll die young why not stay with me for the long run? I want to grow old with you Jeong."

Jeongyeon didn't answer the only thing that Nayeon heard are mumbling sounds

Jeongyeon didn't answer the only thing that Nayeon heard are mumbling sounds. Jeongyeon perhaps arrived in front of the gate. Nayeon chuckles, she said all those things and Jeongyeon didn't even hear her. "Maybe, next time" She whispers to herself.

*END OF CALL*

Nayeon walks behind her family, weirdly it was quiet and not just plain silence, it was comfortable. The steps she takes was light as if she's floating, there's this big group of people who walks in front of them. Somehow it feels like everything was preventing her from leaving the place.

"Nayeon!"

"Nayeon!"

"Im Nayeon!"

Nayeon turns around, only to find Jeongyeon running down the stairs. Before she knew it the girl was in front of her huffing as she tries to catch her breath.

SY : "What's up? Did you forgot something unnie?"

Jeongyeon just shakes her head. Nayeon didn't ask her why, she didn't even say a word and so did the taller girl. They had this moment where they just stared at each other for what seems like an eternity but actually just barely a minute.

Nayeon somehow feels like she knows what Jeongyeon has in mind.

"Flight 0103 to Seoul, South Korea is now boarding." The announcement echoed inside the place.

Jeongyeon has to go but Nayeon wants her to stay.

She wants her to stay not just today.

Not just the day after.

Im Nayeon wants Yoo Jeongyeon to stay with her forever.

Jeongyeon didn't need a word, she gets it. She knows exactly what Nayeon wants with just one look in her eyes. So, in the middle of this establishment where a lot of hello and goodbyes have been said. She took deep breathes as she reaches down her pocket.

Yoo Jeongyeon kneel with one knee, her hand trembles as she held a black ring up, then asked,

"Im Nayeon, W-Will you marry me?"

---

(A/N) Forgot to include this on my latest update, haha! See you next time! Have a great week! Stay safe and healthy!!!!! :)