CHAPTER 14

THE BEGINNING OF OUR END [2YEON]

68747470733a2f2f696d672e776174747061642e636f6d2f73746f72795f70617274732f313035353538303733362f696d616765732f313637363061306266643931343066353739323833343739383436362e6a7067?s=fit&h=360&w=720&q=80

 

NO ONE'S POV

JS : "Where did you go?"

RS : "We wanted to have lunch with you."

NY : "Mianhae, I went to give my driver lunch. Before I knew it break was over."

SG : "Did you even have the chance to eat? We can cover you if you want to grab a bite."

Nayeon smiles at them, she had lunch. She had a wonderful lunch with her friend.

NY : "I did, I'm full :)"

SG : "Arraso then let's continue work."

NY, JS, RS : "Hai!!!"

-

And the events continued, Jeongyeon sits and watches as everyone has fun. Nayeon started to feel more and more comfortable with everyone that she started shouting. It's like she has forgotten that she's still working.

An hour before five when they announced that the program would take a short break before announcing the winners. Jeongyeon sits and waits, she lost Nayeon a while ago.

"Who are you looking for?"

Jeongyeon looks to her side, only to find Nayeon standing next to her

Jeongyeon looks to her side, only to find Nayeon standing next to her.

JY : "What are you doing here???"

NY : "It's break time, I bought you corn dog."

JY : "Ehhhh you didn't have to. Isn't today supposed to be the other way around? Aren't I supposed to be the one who takes care of you?"

NY : "Just accept the corn dog and eat. You've done a lot for me already, besides it's not like I bought it, they give it out for free." She said sitting down next to the taller girl.

JY : "Gomawo, but seriously you been taking care of me a lot today. Isn't this some kind of scheme to make me fall in love with you Ms. Im? Haha."

NY : "Pabo, I'm not that kind of person."

JY : "Hahaha I'm just kidding unless..."

NY : "I'm gonna take your corn dog and eat everything if you don't stop talking."

JY : "That's gluttony Ms. Im." She said taking off her mask.

And is it wrong for Jeongyeon to feel happy to be sitting on the sides eating a snack with Nayeon? Is it wrong if she's enjoying today way more than she ever did? Because that's what she feels.

And is it wrong for Jeongyeon to feel happy to be sitting on the sides eating a snack with Nayeon? Is it wrong if she's enjoying today way more than she ever did? Because that's what she feels

Jeongyeon was in the middle of getting a bite when she and Nayeon noticed the jumbotron. The cameras were showing both of them and has "Couple of the day." on top of them.

NY : "Ehhhhhh?"

JY : "Calm down, smile and wave. They do it every year but I didn't think they'll actually find us. Now, follow my lead." She said as she started to smile and wave towards the camera.

Nayeon just looked back at her. Soon after they start to see Jisoo and Seulgi running towards them.

JY : "It could've been Rose, why this two? They're the most stubborn ones."

SG : "Good afternoon lovebirds."

JS : "How's the corn dog?" She said pointing the mic to Jeongyeon.

JY : "It's very delicious." She smiles.

SG : "As you can see you two are going to receive a gift for being the most outstanding couple today."

The crowd cheer loud and clear, everyone is up on their feet and watching them.

NY : "Uhm, thank you?"

Jisoo smiles at her, while Jeongyeon laughs at what she said.

JS : "Like everyone here, I'm just wondering what Yoo Jeongyeon is doing here?"

JY : "Well, I used to attend ISAC before. I was curious as to how much it changed and since I wasn't doing anything today, I came here to see it for myself. And also I'm here to cheer my hoobaes. Go Itzy!"

SG : "What about Nayeon-ssi? You know a lot of articles have been going around about you two. Especially after that one show, you did together. It seems the news is all true, you two look really good with each other."

JY : "Do we look good together?" She said putting her arm around Nayeon's shoulders.

Nayeon blushed as the people inside roar. Jisoo and Seulgi smile and nodded enthusiastically.

JY : "Hahaha you two never change. Sorry to rain on everyone's parade but we're nothing like that. Ms. Im here is a good friend of mine. People don't know but I know her for a while because of her boss. Ms. Park, we used to train together." Jeongyeon smiles at Nayeon.

"Ms. Im here was just nice to say hi, she might have thought I was feeling lonely, right?"

NY : "Hai."

The crowd whines along with Jisoo and Seulgi.

JS : "Ehhhhhhhhh, you two should think about it."

SG : "Maja, you look really cute together."

JY : "Haha gomawo." She said taking her hands off the other girl.

NY : "And since we're not really a couple we should pick another pair for the price."

JS : "Aniyo! The award was meant for pair, no matter if they are a couple or not."

SG : "Hai, haiiiii! plus I think the crowd agrees."

The stadium starts to cheer again.

JS : "How about this, in order for you two to not feel guilty how about doing a heart pose for 5 seconds in return?" She said forming one with Seulgi.

JY : "Ehhh?"

SG : "One is good enough."

The crowd started shouting "Yoo Jeongyeon! Im Nayeon! Yoo Jeongyeon! Im Nayeon! Yoo Jeongyeon! Im Nayeon!"

JS : "Would you really say no to them?"

JY : "Hahaha arraso just this one."

Jeongyeon takes her hand over her head, she looks at Nayeon and smiles as if she's telling her to just go with it for now. Nayeon does the same.

SG :

SG : "Okay, everyone takes your phone out and we'll start counting down."

"5....

4....

3....

2....

2....

2....

2....

2....

JY : "1! Hahaha that's cheating Seul!"

SG : "Mianhe, mianhae. All of a sudden I forgot to count, now everyone please enjoy your corn dogs and we'll resume shortly."

When the camera and their mic were off. The two girls started teasing the two of them even more.

JS : "Are you sure it's itzy you're watching? Hahaha."

SG : "Or Nayeon? Sneaky, hahaha."

JY : "Hahaha pabo, you two never change. It just all a big coincidence. Go back to your place, so people would stop looking at us."

JS : "Well, if it's someone who changed it's you. Hahaha, you used to hate going out in your free time."

SG : "Maja, we have to beg you just to grab a coffee. Look at you now, you came out of your cave on a holiday just to watch Nayeon."

NY : "Ani. Just like what she said it's just a coincidence."

JS : "Haha it could be but you never know, Jeongyeon might have planned this all along."

JY : "Yah! Go before I hit you."

JS : "Hahaha what a violent person."

SG : "Haha, gaja, since she asked then we'll leave you two behind. We don't want to take your time together. Just take your time Nayeon."

NY : "H-hai." She stutter.

The moment they left Nayeon stood up and vowed in front of her.

NY : "Mianhae. There's been a lot of rumors going on about us, I knew the risk and I keep coming to you. I should've known better. Mianhae."

JY : "Ms. Im, please lift your head. People might get the wrong idea."

Nayeon did what she was told, soon as she raises her head she saw Jeongyeon just eating her corn dog.

JY : "Eat before it gets cold."

The older girl sat down, she was confused if Jeongyeon is upset and didn't want to talk about it.

JY : "And don't say you're sorry."

Nayeon looks at her.

JY : "You shouldn't be, you didn't do anything wrong. In fact I'm thankful that you're always making sure I don't feel alone. But don't you think the reason we got caught was from you looking at me from time to time?"

NY : "Ani... I didn't do such a thing."

Jeongyeon chuckles. "Haha, arraso but please don't blame yourself for what happened. I mean it's not really a bad thing. Now back you go, I'll see you later." She smiles at her.

NY : "Arraso."

-

Nayeon wrapped the event with the thoughts "Yoo Jeongyeon is different." From the top to the bottom, the girl is simply extraordinary. The way she takes care of her, the way she hasn't heard a single complaint from her, and the way she's always smiling at her.

The girl looks up at the bleachers searching for Jeongyeon but the girl was nowhere to be seen. She's probably outside but Nayeon didn't like it, she didn't like how Jeongyeon was not there.

After she said her thanks and goodbye. Nayeon runs outside, she quickly checks for her car and there it was in the same place. She continued running to it as if she was running after someone. Quickly she knocks on the window. She heard the doors unlock. Nayeon opens the door and was greeted by Jeongyeon.

Nayeon took a deep breath, she looks at her with furrowed eyes. Jeongyeon jumps out of her sit, worried.

JY : "What did I do?"

NY : "You didn't text me! I thought you left!"

JY : "Ehhh I'm sorry, I forgot."

The girl didn't answer and just sat next to her.

JY : "Mianhae, don't be angry. I thought I'll wait for you here so nobody can see us leaving together."

Again Nayeon ignores her.

JY : "Will you forgive me if I tell you I bought your favorite jellies?"

NY : "O-okay." She shyly said.

JY : "Haha I guess it was a good idea to buy you one. Shall we go home?"

NY : "Hai..."

Jeongyeon drives and lets the girl rest. The window was slightly open letting the warm breeze of fall caresses them. The sun was setting and it felt like they were chasing it. It was warm and fuzzy, everything feels like it jumps out of a movie.

Things like this are things want Yoo Jeongyeon wants to have forever.

-

Jeongyeon parked the car and Nayeon just woke up from a much-needed nap. The taller girl jumps out of the car and hurriedly opens the door.

JY : "Watch your step, Ms. Im."

Nayeon steps outside, grab her bag and stare at Jeongyeon. The taller girl just stares back, she finds the seat belt traces in Nayeon's face cute.

JY : "Go and take a warm bath. Then rest."

Nayeon nodded back and started walking. The girl is probably half asleep. Jeongyeon opted to wait until she gets inside the building.

NY : "Ah...." She softly said as she slowly turns around.

JY : "What is it? Forgot something?"

Nayeon was standing still a few steps away from her. She looks at her intently as if she was trying to read a book.

NY : "Jihyo is paying you for today, right?"

JY : "We haven't talked about it yet, don't worry about it. If it's you, it doesn't matter if I get something in return haha." She jokes.

A joke she thought was harmless.

NY : "Why are you doing this?"

Maybe it was because she was half-asleep but Jeongyeon was struck with the question, she doesn't know what to say. She was speechless, she can only look at her.

NY : "Forget it, thank you again for today. Have a safe drive back home." She continued to make her way back to her place.

Jeongyeon was left wondering. It hasn't occurred to her until now until the question was asked. She hasn't even ask herself until she heard it from Nayeon.

Why is she doing it?

Now that she mentioned it, everything doesn't make sense. At first, it was all just because she wanted to be her friend. But what about now that they've become friends? Nayeon has a point, she's exerting effort a lot more than she usually does with everyone else.

A simple question with a complicated answer.

"Why are you doing this Yoo Jeongyeon?"

---

(A/N) I've been busy with work lately that's why I'm updating slower than usual. I'll try to update more once the workload gets low. For now, as a sorry, well, not really since this is something I have always wanted to do haha. I published a ONE-SHOT COMPILATION. It'll consist of a different story/ships, some short and some long but all on one page.

Of course, the first story on it will be my favorite. You can suggest a ship and I'll see if I can make a story. That's it for today, see you next time! Have a great weekend, stay safe and healthy!