CHAPTER 17

THE BEGINNING OF OUR END [2YEON]

68747470733a2f2f696d672e776174747061642e636f6d2f73746f72795f70617274732f313035383337353131392f696d616765732f313637383866336163303534636465623133303534353130333831312e6a7067?s=fit&h=360&w=720&q=80

NO ONE POV'S

Maybe it was the calmness of the night that left the two of them in silence.

"The moon is beautiful, isn't it?" The soft and sweet voice caresses her ear.

Jeongyeon turns to her side and found Nayeon getting lost in the vast sky.

"It is." She answered unintentionally from the heart.

NY :

NY : "And when did Hangang became this beautiful?"

JY : "Ehhhhh? It's always been beautiful Ms. Im."

NY : "Haha mianhae, it is but it looks different in the morning. Usually, when we drive through it, it's traffic or I'm sleeping. This is the first time I got a good look on it." She smiled.

JY : "Arraso, let's make a quick stop."

NY : "Wait, what if somebody sees us?"

JY : "Would it really matter? If they see us we can always say we're friends. Besides I don't think there's still a lot of people here, it's already late."

NY : "Arraso, sorry for making you stop."

JY : "Haha loosen up. I wanted some fresh air anyway."

Jeongyeon parked the car, she wore her cap and mask and Nayeon did the same. They started to make their way closer to the river. Just like what the taller girl said, there's just a handful of people walking around.

NY : "There are still people selling at this time?"

JY : "Well, it's a popular place."

NY : "I mean at this time of the night?"

JY : "Life is hard Ms. Im."

NY : "I want ice cream! I'll buy you one." She said out of nowhere.

JY : "All of a sudden? It's a bit chilly, we can look for something warmer."

NY : "I want ice cream."

Nayeon started walking away and Jeongyeon didn't really have a choice but to follow the older girl

Nayeon started walking away and Jeongyeon didn't really have a choice but to follow the older girl.

NY : "Ahjumma can I have two please."

The older lady gave what she asked for. Nayeon hands both of them to Jeongyeon who was left wondering since the other girl said she wanted ice cream.

NY : "Why are you still here ahjumma?"

"I have to work to support my family."

NY : "But it's too late and it's really chilly tonight."

"Gwenchana, I'm okay. I have a lot of layers."

Jeongyeon looks at Nayeon, she can see the intent on her eyes.

NY : "Then what time do you go home ahjumma?"

"Oh, I'm just waiting until I sell this all out."

JY : "Let me...."

NY : "I'll buy everything." She said cutting what the other girl was about to say.

NY : "I'll pay for what's it worth so you can go home."

"Aniyo, it's wrong for me to accept such an offer."

NY : "Please, I insist. Here you go." She handed her some cash.

"Omo, this is more than what it cost. Please take your change."

NY : "It's just a little something for you and your family. Please don't think much of it."

She looks at Nayeon, the girl hasn't even gotten a taste of the ice cream she bought. But she thought it was to be expected. Since her intention wasn't just a craving.

Yoo Jeongyeon finds Im Nayeon simply beautiful inside and out

Yoo Jeongyeon finds Im Nayeon simply beautiful inside and out.

"Gomawo, if you and your friend drop by, please don't be shy to approach me. I'll give you guys ice cream."

NY : "Arraso ahjumma, you should get going. We hope to see you again, take care on your way home."

JY : "Have a warm soup once you get back home." She said and bow at her.

"I will, you two have a great night." The older waved goodbye.

NY : "Gaja?"

Jeongyeon just nodded back. With the ice cream in her hand, she followed the other girl. Nayeon sat at a bench that was a few feet from the river.

JY : "You could've told me what you were thinking." She said handing the ice cream to the other girl.

NY : "It gonna sound ridiculous but in a short period of time I know you too well. If I told you to want I wanted to do then, you'll just gonna jump ahead of me."

JY : "Hahaha I'm not sure if that's a compliment or not."

NY : "It is pabo." She softly said and look at the river. "I'm literally saying how nice you are."

Jeongyeon was surprised with what the older girl has said she didn't even know how to answer. But Nayeon didn't need her to say anything, she was focused on the sight in front of her.

Out of nowhere Jeongyon leans closer to her and took a bite on Nayeon's ice cream. The other girl turns to her side and pout.

The other girl turns to her side and pout

JY : "Mianhae, I..... it was melting and I didn't know what to do."

NY : "You could've told me you wanted to mine. I was gonna let you have a it anyway." She said in a pout.

JY : "Ani.... Here, you can have a bite of mine."

Nayeon just chuckles she leans closer to Jeongyeon and took a bite of her ice cream.

*LUB*DUB*

Jeongyeon hears her heart once again, she thought it was too loud Nayeon might hear it. Thankfully it seems that she didn't even notice a thing. The girl just went back to staring at the river.

NY : "Next time I'll buy you breakfast! Lunch! Dinner! And snacks!"

Jeongyeon laughs at her. "Haha are you planning to be my mom?"

NY : "Pabo! It's for everything up until now."

JY : "You don't have to."

NY : "But I want to."

JY : "Haha arraso, I can't really say no to a stubborn person like you. Whom always seems to get lost."

NY : "Huh?"

JY : "You know, the moon, the sky, and now the river. Haha whenever you look at things you get drawn in them as if you are searching for something."

NY : "Haha mianhae, maybe I do. Maybe I am searching for something. And it's just I use to hear a lot about Hangang. How beautiful and calm it is, how the moon reflects perfectly on it and how the night makes it clearer."

JY :

JY : "So is it true? Is everything you heard true?"

NY : "It is but stories are different from how it actually feels. Thanks to you."

JY : "Ehhhhh? All of a sudden?

NY : "Ani, I just thought I haven't said thank you enough for all you did. Even though it just for a bet."

JY : "Ehhhh I told you..."

NY : "Hai, hai, I know. Meeting you was something unpredictable, thank you for everything." She smiles at her.

Im Nayeon is beautiful, all that she does and all that she is, is beautiful. And Yoo Jeongyeon knows she's a little bias here, she loves her and from now on she's always gonna look beautiful to her.

NY : "We should go home, you have to drop me off then you have to drive back to your place."

JY : "A-arraso." She stutter.

-

NY : "Let's leave the windows open."

JY : "You really are something else, Ms. Im. It is cold"

NY : "Ehhh, please? Just a bit? This is the only time I can bring down the window since there's not a lot of people."

JY : "Hahaha why am I even trying? Arraso."

NY : "And can we turn up the music?"

JY : "Are you drunk or something? Haha, you're really different tonight."

NY : "The only drink Dahyun had was orange juice."

JY : "Haha you know what? Just do whatever you want."

And Nayeon did what exactly she said. She turned the music up and started singing along to it. It wasn't that long until Jeongyeon got dragged to it. At first, she was saying no until she didn't realize she was doing it on her own accord. They were laughing and having fun together like they're just a couple of middle-aged ladies out on a ride.

Then it hits her. If it's the other girl everything feels better than usual. She can be who she wants to be, she can be lame and boring but Nayeon would still look at her the same way. Just like what happened today, every time she was with her it feels like they're in their own world.

Yoo Jeongyeon's heart is at peace whenever she's with Im Nayeon.

-

Jeongyeon parked the car.

NY : "Goodnight and thanks again."

JY : "Ani, thank you."

NY : "I don't think an ice cream is enough for that."

JY : "Haha believe me or not it's more than the ice cream. Now go and rest."

NY : "Arraso, text me once you get home. Take care, Ms. Yoo." She said walking away.

Jeongyeon chuckles. "If it's you there's no questioning." She said looking at the other girl walking away from her. "I'll let you break my heart as much as you want."

---

---

(A/N) Next update will be a revelation HAHAHA. Until then, have a great day! Stay safe and healthy!