CHAPTER 47

THE BEGINNING OF OUR END [2YEON]

68747470733a2f2f696d672e776174747061642e636f6d2f73746f72795f70617274732f313039383037373736302f696d616765732f313661623233373331323165633533333235363938313937383531392e6a7067?s=fit&h=360&w=720&q=80

NO ONE'S POV

After her wife gives her a yes, Jeongyeon didn't hesitate to sign the project. She thought it's for a good cause and even Nayeon said she should do it.

"You look good together." That's the only thing Jeongyeon heard from Nayeon when the article and photos of the signing event got published.

In fact, that was the only thing the older girl said. She was too busy with her own work she didn't have time to ask how Jeongyeon was. Sometimes the taller girl hopes Nayeon would show a bit jealously. She rather has those small fights than those plain reactions. She knows it's wrong but it feels like Nayeon doesn't care about her anymore.

And today is one of the few times Jeongyeon left their place before the older girl does. Of course, she cooked her breakfast, it's not Jeongyeon if she hasn't taken care of her wife before anything else

Nayeon was still in bed when Jeongyeon bid her goodbyes.

After that Jeongyeon meets up with a bunch of people including Mina to make this long drive to the suburbs. One of the things the project has included was outreach programs. They didn't have to come but Jeongyeon insist on meeting these people. She wants to see the kids and hopes she can make them happy. Bona agreed to attend the event which was odd for Jeongyeon. Because from what she remembers the girl dislikes long drives and big crowds.

ML :

ML : "Good morning everyone, we have arrived at the province of Sokcho we'll be meeting the locals here and hopefully we can provide them an eventful day. Again, we do appreciate everyone for joining today. Please be careful on your way down, we'll give follow-up instruction once we're done setting up."

And everyone inside the bus started making their way out of the bus.

MN : "Are you okay?"

JY : "Huh? Do I look sick?"

MN : "Ani, I just thought the seats were a little bit hard. We could've driven on our own."

JY : "Ohh, I'm okay. It'll be hard for ahjussi if we did besides it's nice to be around people sometimes."

MN : "Ehh really? Yoo Jeongyeon liking crowds? When did this happen?"

JY : "Hahaha stop making it sound like I hate it. I just don't like it when everyone's attention is on me this is different."

MN : "It's probably because the staff unnies are used to you by now, they don't even care about you."

JY : "I'm not sure if I should be glad about what you said or not but anyways thank you?"

MN : "You're welcome." She teases her. "But I'm sure the kids will be up on their feet once they see you."

JY : "Well, that's one thing I'm looking forward to."

-

The busy morning went by and Jeongyeon has finally gotten a chance to sit on her own. It was nice playing with kids and talking with older people but lately, she's been craving for some time alone. She looks far away hiding the fact that she's been having worries, she hasn't found the answer to yet. Suddenly she felt this cold piece of can pressed against her cheeks.

JY : "Mina, it's not nice for you to push things against a person's face." She said looking to her side.

And to her surprise it wasn't the Japanese she found, it was her ex who was once a part of her life

And to her surprise it wasn't the Japanese she found, it was her ex who was once a part of her life.

BN : "Mina went to grab some things. What's up?" She said sitting next to her.

JY : "I didn't even say you can sit next to me."

BN : "Waeyo? Do you own this place?"

JY : "Ani..."

BN : "Then I'm sitting here."

JY : "Can't you just find a different place?"

BN : "There's no other place, plus I like the shades here. Here." She said offering the can of juice. "Take it before it warms up."

Jeongyeon grabs it from her. "Thank you, I hope you're not plotting anything with this."

BN : "Ehhhh? Do you think I'll put a love potion in there?"

JY : "Pabo, what I meant is I hope you're not thinking of something weird while sticking with me all this time. Don't even deny it, ever since we signed this contract you've been trying to talk to me."

BN : "Hmmm it worked, right? Haha but I mean it's awkward for us to be working and not talk with each other."

JY : "That's the only reason I'm talking to you."

BN : "Arraso, I'll take it. Enough of me, what are you worrying about?"

JY : "Huh?"

BN : "Don't play dumb, I know you."

Jeongyeon just looked at her but the other girl can see the question "How come?" Written all over her face.

BN : "Okay, okay. I knew you, the old you but I mean even if it's a thing of the past now. I think I would notice if somethings bothering you."

The taller girl finds it funny, that everyone expects her wife could sense how troubled she feels at the moment.

JY : "Well, thank you but you got it all wrong. There's nothing I'm worried about." She denies.

BN : "Ohh, is that so? I thought you're having a marriage problem. I would've advised you to leave Nayeon-ssi and just make a run with me." She jokes.

Jeongyeon stood up to get rid of the dirt in her pants.

JY : "Just because you can freely talk to me doesn't give you the right to make that kind of joke. Even if we did have some sort of misunderstanding there's no way I'll leave my wife for the likes of you or anyone else."

BN : "Doesn't the fact that you got annoyed with what I said means something? You shouldn't be taking something like that seriously if nothing is going on. Maybe it was too much but jokes aside you can talk about your worries to me."

JY : "I already told you there's nothing. Excuse me, I'm gonna go find Mina." She said walking away.

BN : "Jeong, okay I'm sorry, it was a bad joke."

Jeongyeon hears Bona asking for forgiveness. The girl did make a bad joke but she knew it wasn't something that would've made her burst into anger. It was the fact that Bona knew something was bothering her when her wife didn't have a clue that set her off. And the girl was right, she shouldn't have taken the joke too seriously.

JY : "Aish pabo-yah, I should apologize to her later."

MN : "Apologize to who?" She said appearing out of nowhere.

JY : "Yah! Don't sneak on people like that, you almost gave me a heart attack."

MN : "Pabo, I wasn't sneaking at you. You were the one who's walking around like there are no people here. So, who do you owe an apology to? Don't tell me you hit some kids."

JY : "Yah!! Why would you think I'll hit a kid?! That's absurd!"

MN : "I don't know, maybe they didn't let you borrow their toy and you got upset."

JY : "Myoui Mina, I'm a grown woman. I'm not gonna hit someone just because they didn't let me play with their toy. I was gonna say sorry to Bona."

MN : "Ehhhhhh? Don't tell me you want to get back together with her, that's cheating."

JY :

JY : "You know what? I might need to apologize to you in a bit. I'm close to hitting you."

MN : "That's abuse! What did I even do to you? And why would you even apologize to her?"

JY : "Because I said things I shouldn't, pabo."

MN : "Well, you should've said it in the first place."

JY : "Now it's my fault?"

MN : "Yes it is and what did you say that you need to apologize to her? Don't you think Nayeon unnie will get upset if she hears that you and Jiyeon are getting close again?"

Jeongyeon sighs, hearing the Japanese call Bona by her real name sends shivers down her spine. There's a reason why she sticks with calling the girl by her stage name. Because along with her real name are memories of yesterday, something she buried a long time ago.

And Mina was right, Nayeon should be upset or at least jealous that she's working with her ex. That's how it's supposed to be but she knows pretty well it's not the case for her wife. Because she's sure Nayeon wouldn't give a damn.

JY : "Nayeon's too busy for something like that. Besides it's not like we're close, we're just being professional. We should get back to work."

MN : "Then, what about your apology?"

JY : "I'll do it if there's time, it's not like I have to apologize right away."

MN : "Arraso, if you say so."

The rest of the day went by just like that. Even if she did have the intention to apologize to the other girl she didn't find the time to do so and before she knows it, it's already time to go home. She stands next to Mina waiting for the final announcement before getting on the bus.

ML : "Again, we would like to thank you for sparing us your time, and as a sign of appreciation the president arranged something for everyone which will be handed on your way in the bus. Lastly, we would like to remind everyone about the charity ball this coming end of the month. The event is open for everyone, so, feel free to bring anyone. That being said, we can start boarding the bus in an orderly matter. Once again, thank you, everyone."

The people started lining up, Mina and her opted to wait after everyone.

"Uhmm."

Both of them turned around at the same time and found Bona all alone.

MN : "Jeong I'm gonna go ahead, I'll wait for you inside. And......" She paused. "You two make it fast, okay? I'm not gonna ask the driver to wait for you guys."

JY : "Arraso, we'll be quick."

MN : "Hai, hai."

Bona waited until Mina got on the bus. "Jeong, about what I said earlier. I'm sorry, I should've said those things nor made it a joke."

JY : "Aniyo, you didn't have to apologize. I was actually waiting for a chance to talk with you, I should be apologizing to you. I shouldn't have said what I said, I shouldn't have lashed out at you especially when you only meant it as a joke. I'm sorry for acting immature."

And not even a minute passed when a smile formed in Bona's lips

And not even a minute passed when a smile formed in Bona's lips.

BN : "Thank you, I thought you're mad at me."

JY : "It was partly my fault, so let's just call it quits."

BN : "Arraso."

JY : "Gaja, I don't want Mina scolding me for being too slow."

BN : "Uhm... The others have some kind of celebration later, are you going?"

JY : "Ani, I have to be there to welcome my wife. You should go and enjoy yourself." She said walking towards the bus.

---