CHAPTER 3

THE BEGINNING OF OUR END [2YEON]

68747470733a2f2f696d672e776174747061642e636f6d2f73746f72795f70617274732f313033353430323132352f696d616765732f313636613432313535633065303665353939393033363536343232302e6a7067?s=fit&h=360&w=720&q=80

NO ONE'S POV 

[3 YEARS AGO]

It hasn't been that long since Im Nayeon started her career in South Korea. She's already named as one of the most well-anticipated rookies in the entertainment industry. One reason was that her trainee days were short it didn't even last a year. To be fair she had a modeling career back in New Zealand until her best friend Park Jihyo convinced her to work for her.

The first thing she learned since she got back was to be humble to everyone. At least for Jihyo's agency humbleness is number one. It wouldn't matter if they're a senior in the Industry or someone who cleans her table. It's also one of the reasons why a lot of people took a liking for her.

Because Im Nayeon is the exact meaning of what you see is what you get.

-

Today, Nayeon was invited to guest in one of the most popular variety shows in Korea as a representative of a movie she's playing a supporting role on. Just like any other day she and Sana came early so they won't hinder anyone.

Everyone was busy preparing, some were fixing her hair and some her make-up. She was reading through the script when she noticed a girl chewing some gum came walking inside her dressing room.

She was reading through the script when she noticed a girl chewing some gum came walking inside her dressing room

The girl stood next to her and said something Nayeon didn't pick up. She continued talking but she didn't understand a word she has said. Until the taller girl took a paper towel and a pen.

NY : "Ah! Mianhe."

Being the humble person she is Nayeon took the paper towel and didn't hesitate to give her sign to the girl. In which the other just chuckles and walks away. Nayeon notices how the people inside the room stopped moving, she looked around and found everyone staring at her. Quickly she looked at Sana who was shocked by something she didn't understand.

NY : "Wae?" She took her headset off.

SN : "Pabo." She mouthed.

NY : "Huh?"

Sana just looked at the girl who was halfway out of the room. Suddenly Nayeon stood up.

NY : "Wait..."

The taller girl turned around and looked at her.

NY : "Wait, a while ago.... Uhm, what did you say?"

"Well, I was hoping I can get your number, grab some coffee sometime and you know maybe we can be friends. But I guess you are a busy person."

NY : "Mianhe I didn't mean to, I thought you wanted my......"

"Sign?" The girl chuckles. "Since you got in the trouble of signing this for me I'll keep it. Maybe frame it and put it in the middle of my house. Oh, where is my manners. Sorry my name is Yoo Jeongyeon and you are?"

NY : "Gwenchana, I'm Im Nayeon." She shyly answers.

JY : "Oh so it's Ms. Im." She said offering her hand. "It's nice to meet someone who doesn't know me." The girl smiled and shook her hand.

Nayeon didn't know what to say, she was embarrassed for what happened.

JY : "Oh and I said you look beautiful even without make-up." She smiled and walked away.

The people in the room couldn't stop but laugh at what happened.

SN : "Unnie you don't know who Yoo Jeongyeon is??? Jinja???"

NY : "Ani...." She said going back to her seat.

SN : "That's the most popular actress right now. Well, she's focusing on variety shows but that aside there's not a street in Korea that doesn't know her."

NY : "You know I just came back here."

SN : "Yeah, about a year ago. It's impossible you didn't know that name nor that face."

"Maja, she's cool and nice. I was able to work with her one time and she was really a great person. Everything about her is pleasant." Her hairdresser said.

SN : "That's why even though she has a reputation people still like her."

NY : "Huh?"

SN : "Well, Yoo Jeongyeon is known for breaking hearts. The closer you get to her the more possibility she'll ghost you. That girl is almost perfect except for the fact that she's afraid to commit. I'll date her if she's not like that."

"Date who??"

Sana and Nayeon turned around and found Chou Tzuyu standing in the door.

SN : "No one..."

TY : "Really? I heard everything."

NY : "Haha serves you right."

SN : "Ehhhhhhhh? I was just saying if I was single but I'm not, I'm even ready to get married now."

The people in the room laughed.

TY : "Pabo, but I can't blame you, I'll date unnie too if she's ready to commit."

SN : "Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh?????"

NY : "Unnie?"

TY : "Haha yeah, I work in the same agency as her. She's really nice the best sunbae I ever met. It's no wonder why people fall for her."

SN : "Tzuuuuu."

TY :

TY : "What?"

SN : "You won't date anyone else right?"

TY : "Hmmm."

SN : "Ehh why are you even thinking about it? Arraso, let's get married so there's no more running away."

TY : "Hahaha pabo."

NY : "Stop pressuring the kid haha. What brings the nation's number one idol here by the way? "

TY : "Exaggeration. I was doing a music show on the next floor when I remembered unnie is here. I bought her favorite cheese kimbap."

NY : "Omo, what a lucky girl."

SN : "That's right! I won't ever replace my Tzu Tzu."

TY : "Tss you just said you'll date Jeongyeon unnie. What happened anyway? Why are you two talking about her?"

SN : "Aish, Jeongyeon appeared out of nowhere. She was saying hi to Nayeon and was even asking her number but Nayeon just gave her a sign."

TY : "Hahaha that's new. Let's say unnie has taken a liking on you."

NY : "I refuse to be one of those girls she runs away from."

TY : "Just like what I said, unnie is nice. It's not her fault people take it the wrong way and fall in love with her. Ghosting them is just her way of letting them know they got the wrong idea. Besides if she approached you first then it means something else."

NY : "Let's forget about that already, it's embarrassing. We still have to work."

TY : "Arasoooo then I'm going, I'll see you tonight traitor."

SN : "Yaaaaaah."

TY : "Bye-bye!" She teases her.

-

Yoo Jeongyeon is one of the busiest people in the industry but she always finds time especially when it comes to someone who captivated her eyes. She and Mina were walking down the hall when she caught a glimpse of a new face.

JY : "Wait." She took three steps back.

MN : "We don't have time to fool around Jeong."

JY : "Who says I'm gonna fool around?"

MN : "Tell me a time you didn't?"

JY : "That's absurd! I was just gonna say hi."

MN : "Jeong."

JY : "Oh come on, it'll gonna take what? 5 minutes?"

MN : "You sure? Not everyone here likes you."

JY : "Name one."

MN : "Uhmm"

JY : "See?"

MN : "Wait, is that Sana?"

JY : "Sana? Your best friend?"

MN : "Yep. So that girl must be the new girl."

JY : "Well, doesn't really matter if she's new or not."

MN : "Pabo."

Jeongyeon walks inside the room and greets everyone. It's safe to say that her reputation is well known, she's the girl who everyone loves, the girl who could get in a relationship anytime if she wants to but she's also the girl who's afraid of commitment.

If you fall for Yoo Jeongyeon, there's no exit.

JY : "Good morning Sana."

SN : "Oh what a delight Ms. Yoo."

JY : "Please call me Jeongyeon. If you can excuse me for a moment." She said walking to the girl in front of the mirror.

JY : "Hi, good morning. You look nice even without make-up on."

The people in the room swoon, it's like watching something straight from a movie. The only problem was the other girl was just looking at her. When she realized she has a headset on, Jeongyeon took out a piece of paper towel and a pen.

JY : "I'll go my way but before I do can I get your number? Maybe we can have some coffee sometime?" She smiled.

And to her delight, the other girl took the paper and started writing on it. The girl politely handed her the paper towel and smiled. Jeongyeon couldn't contain her laughter when she saw that the girl has signed the paper towel.

JY : "I guess today is not my lucky day haha. Sana gomawo, sorry for intruding." She said walking out of the room.

"Wait."

Her voice was warm Jeongyeon couldn't stop but turn back to face her.

"Wait, a while ago.... Uhm, what did you say?"

Jeongyeon chuckles she thought she embarrassed herself enough but here the girl asking her to repeat what she said. But who cares? She's Yoo Jeongyeon, everything she says sounds nice and pretty to others.

JY : "Well I was hoping I can get your number, grab some coffee sometime and you know maybe we can be friends. But I guess you are a busy person."

"Mianhe I didn't mean to, I thought you wanted my......"

JY :"Sign?" She chuckles. "Since you got in the trouble of signing this for me I'll keep it. Maybe frame it and put it in the middle of my house. Where is my manners, sorry my name is Yoo Jeongyeon and you are?"

"Gwenchana, I'm Im Nayeon." She shyly answers.

JY : "Oh so it's Ms. Im." She said offering her hand. "It's nice to meet someone who doesn't know me." The girl smiled and shook her hand.

Nayeon didn't know what to say, she was embarrassed for what happened.

JY : "Oh and I said you look beautiful even without make-up." She smiled and walked away.

-

The first thing Jeongyeon saw outside of the room was the sight of Mina holding her laughter.

The first thing Jeongyeon saw outside of the room was the sight of Mina holding her laughter

JY : "What???"

MN : "Hahahaha I can't believe I'll see a day that the Yoo Jeongyeon embarrassed herself in front of other people. You look beautiful even without makeup????? Haha where did you get those lame pick-up lines?"

JY : "Uhmmm your girlfriend?" She teases her.

MN : "Yah! Son Chaeyoung is not my girlfriend."

JY : "Well, the fact that I didn't mention her and she's still the person you thought of says a lot. Haha let's go manager Myoui."

---