CHAPTER 10

THE BEGINNING OF OUR END [2YEON]

68747470733a2f2f696d672e776174747061642e636f6d2f73746f72795f70617274732f313034373731393332312f696d616765732f313637326237663134383566386536643230353937363934343936312e676966?s=fit&h=360&w=720&q=80

NO ONE'S POV

When Nayeon laid her eyes on the taller girl, the moment she thought Jeongyeon smiled at her. Her feet had taken their first step, before she knew it her body has already moved even before her brain could think.

And every step feels light, it feels weird because the closer she gets to Yoo Jeongyeon, the more it feels like she's running back home.

Jeongyeon looks at her, she watches as the other girl's shoulder goes up and down. Nayeon just looked back at her "What now?" She asks herself.

And In the midst of silence, Jeongyeon starts to laugh washing away the awkwardness Nayeon felt.

And In the midst of silence, Jeongyeon starts to laugh washing away the awkwardness Nayeon felt

JY : "Haha why are you running like I'm about to leave you? I just got here."

NY : "I'm not, it's just...... Don't you think it's creepy, Ms. Yoo??? You always show up, it's not even surprising."

JY : "Well, do you not want me to be here?"

NY : "Hmm."

JY : "That's what I thought. If you say you don't, I'll go. I'll disappear, if you want me to, just say the word and I will. And I know I look like a thug but I respect everyone. It's all about consent Ms. Im. If you say no, then no it is." She smiled at the girl in front of her.

Nayeon was left speechless, she didn't know how to answer such a bold statement. "Is this the same person, Sana said who likes ghosting everyone?" She asked herself.

NY : "What are you even doing here? It's cold and it's late, are you making Mina's life hard????" She tries to change the topic.

JY : "Mina went home with her girlfriend. You said you haven't gotten dinner, so here I am to serve you."

NY : "Yah! I know we got a little closer recently but were not in a relationship where you can make a ual joke."

JY : "HAHAHA! Ms. Im, I'm not the type of person who exploits my body. Aren't you the one who thought about it? The only thing I said was I'm gonna serve you dinner. I don't know where you got that idea tho......"

NY : "Okay, I'm sorry for jumping to a conclusion but seriously you didn't have to."

JY : "Well if someone ate her dinner then maybe I wouldn't be here." She sarcastically said.

NY : "I told you we were busy, let me pay you."

JY : "Ehhhhh....."

NY : "At least let me pay for this one."

JY : "Ani. You can't." She stubbornly said.

NY : "Huh?"

JY : "If I let you do that, then it defeats the purpose of me buying you dinner. If you really want to pay for it then you can pay it differently."

Jeongyeon knew she said it the wrong way and knowing the girl in front of her, she knows she has to clarify what she means.

JY : "Haha before you jump to any conclusions again, it's nothing like what you think it is. And if you are thinking what I think you are, it'll be better for you to pray. You need to cleanse that mind HAHAHAHAHA."

NY : "Pabo!"

JY : "The fact that you got what I meant really means something else hahaha all I'm saying is if you really wanna pay me back. You can do it as long as it's not money."

NY : "I'll never understand the way you think. Arraso. Hmmm." She said and started going in her pocket.

JY : "And what are you looking for now?"

Nayeon didn't answer she continues searching for whatever was in her jacket.

NY : "A-ha! Here!" She said grabbingJeongyeon's hand and putting what seems to be an open box of gum. "Since you won't take money, I hope that this will do for now. You love gum right? It's cherry-flavored."

JY : "Aren't you something else Ms. Im? This is already open."

NY : "You just have to make use of it for now. I'll buy you a new one. It's gum its all the same"

JY : "Hahaha, you know a lot don't you? Well, first of all, my gums are bland, flavorless, as in plain. Second I don't really like gums like how you think I do."

NY : "Ehhhh but most of the time your chewing one."

JY : "It's a coping mechanism Ms. Im."

NY : "For what?"

JY : "To keep my mouth busy so I won't miss....."

NY : "Miss what?"

JY : "Kissing.. HAHAHA I'm kidding. Enough of me, sit down and grab a bite." She said getting the bag inside her car.

Nayeon didn't even argue, she knows she still has some time and she messages Sana to call her outside if it's her turn again.

JY : "Here you go. The other one is for Sana." She handed the bag and sat next to her.

NY : "What's this??"

JY : "Jellies :)"

NY : "How did yo-- Sana told you, didn't she?"

JY : "Hahaha not denying, but just to clear things. I didn't ask her. Eat before it gets cold."

NY : "We can share this."

JY : "Don't worry about me, I'm full. Just eat before they call you back."

Nayeon did what she was told, while Jeongyeon just sits and watch as she ate the rice bowl. And time just passes them by.

Nayeon mumbles something.

JY : "What?"

NY : "I'm free tomorrow." She whisper.

JY :

JY : "Huh? Mianhe, I have trouble hearing."

NY "Aish, I said I'm free tomorrow."

JY : "Wait, what? Are you asking me out?"

NY : "Pabo, weren't you asking me to grab something together?"

JY : "Ohhh haha, yes, I do but I have work in the morning. If your okay in the evening then we can go grab dinner???"

NY : "That's okay, let's just get this over so you can win that bet."

JY : "What?!?!?!"

Jeongyeon took her mask and hood off, almost revealing her face. Nayeon quickly put down the rice bowl next to her and pulled Jeongyeon's hood back.

NY : "Pabo, you need to be careful. People will see you."

JY : "That doesn't matter, what are you saying?!?!"

NY : "Calm down, didn't you made that bet with a friend?"

JY : "Who told you? Mina? Sana?"

NY : "Does it really matter?"

JY : "Your right, I'm at fault. I'm sorry but it was just something stupid. But it's not like I'm here because of that. Uhm........ Are you mad?" She softly asked.

NY : "I'm not, it's just I didn't want to pretend I didn't know."

JY : "Are you sure? You know you can hate me right? It was wrong of me."

NY : "Haha cheer up, let's just say that'll be my payment for every coffee you bought me."

JY : "Mianhe, but I don't really care about that bet."

NY : "Let's have that dinner Ms. Yoo and forget about it, okay? I'm not mad."

Jeongyeon can only look down in shame. It was a harmless joke for her but she didn't think about what the other person would feel.

NY : "Look, look!"

Jeongyeon looked to her side and crazy how all the awful feeling she felt was gone the instant she laid eyes on the girl next to her

Jeongyeon looked to her side and crazy how all the awful feeling she felt was gone the instant she laid eyes on the girl next to her. Im Nayeon was eating the Jellies Yoo Jeongyeon without cutting it, making it hang in .

Jeongyeon chuckles. "Thank you."

NY : "Ehhhh?"

JY : "I thought you hate me."

NY : "I told you I don't care about it."

JY : "Haha arraso, finish your jellies."

She continued to eat her Jellies while the two of them casually talks about work.

JY : "Uhm I'm just wondering how come you're always at work? Don't you have someone at home waiting? Or someone you go out with?"

Nayeon chuckles

NY : "That came out of nowhere haha. Is this how you ask people if there single Ms. Yoo?"

JY : "Hmmmmm I mean did it work?" She smiles.

NY : "I'm not even sure haha."

JY : "So?"

NY : "My family is back in New Zealand."

JY : "And?"

NY : "And what? Haha."

JY : "That's unfair Ms. Im, I already asked."

NY : "And I did answer Ms. Yoo."

JY : "Ehhh but.."

SN : "Unnie, it's almost your turn." She shouted.

NY : "Arraso I'm coming!" She answered. "Times up Ms. Yoo, I guess it's goodnight?"

JY : "Arraso, good night, don't work yourself too much. I'll see you next time."

NY : "Hai."

Jeongyeon watches with a grin as Nayeon walks away from her. All of a sudden the girl turns back to face her.

NY : "Ani, I'm not dating anyone. If that's what you want to know."

She smiled and runs inside, Jeongyeon was left in disbelief

She smiled and runs inside, Jeongyeon was left in disbelief. She almost had a heart attack, not because of what she said but

Because of how Nayeon shined when she turned around and smiled.

---