CHAPTER 21

THE BEGINNING OF OUR END [2YEON]

 

68747470733a2f2f696d672e776174747061642e636f6d2f73746f72795f70617274732f313036383433363230372f696d616765732f313638313138343366333136363230623732323838353738383536352e6a7067?s=fit&h=360&w=720&q=80

NO ONE'S POV

And the way home was nothing but pure bliss. Indeed Jeongyeon made sure that Nayeon won't feel the pressure of her past nor her feelings towards her.

*RING*RING*

INCOMING CALL : MINATOZAKI SANA

"Work?" Jeongyeon asked.

NY : "I guess so? Well, you can't really trust Sana. She calls for the most random things. There was this one-time Tzuyu and her went to see a concert. She called me to let me know the vocalist had the same hairstyle I do."

JY : "Hahaha I can see that happening."

*RING*RING-A-LING*

JY : "You should answer. We don't know, she might have won in the lottery."

NY : "Hahaha as if. Then excuse me."

JY : "Hai, hai." She continued to drive.

NY : "Hey Sana, what's up?"

NY : "Jinja? Where are you?"

NY : "Wait, I'll ask Jeongyeon."

JY : "What's the matter? Did she find something interesting this time?"

NY : "Ani. It's Mina."

JY : "Mina? What about her?"

NY : "Well, Sana said she's at a bar with her, Tzuyu, and Momo. It seems like your manager doesn't want to go home yet. She's hoping you'll convince her."

JY : "Ehhhh did she drink?"

NY : "It seems so."

JY : "Aish then it'll take a lot more than convincing her over the phone. Tell Sana I'm gonna drop you off and then I'll pick up Mina."

NY : "Ehhh? I'll go with you."

JY : "I's late, you should rest."

NY : "Ani, my schedule tomorrow is not until the afternoon so it should be fine besides Sana is there so it shouldn't be a problem. Dropping me back home will just take up your time."

JY : "Arraso, then will just stop by real quick. Mianhae."

NY : "Gwenchana." She smiles at her. "Let me tell Sana, real quick."

Jeongyeon knows Mina as much as Mina knows Jeongyeon. Aside from the manager-artist relationship they have, this two have bonded in the most bizarre things.

One of them is through their broken hearts.

She knows if it involves drinking then it's that time of the year again

She knows if it involves drinking then it's that time of the year again. Jeongyeon hopes Mina would just be honest with herself. She hopes she'll have the courage to just face her feelings, head-on.

[BAR]

Jeongyeon and Nayeon had to wear a face mask and a cap, the place is a private bar where celebrities and other well-known people go because of their private rooms. Although its private words have spread about it, thus they still have to be careful until they're inside the building.

The first thing they noticed after entering the building was this tall figure in a hoodie approaching them.

JY : "Get behind me."

NY : "Waeyo?"

JY : "This guy looks suspicious to me." She said standing in front of the older girl. "Just stay there."

And Nayeon just followed the taller girl. She watches as this "Strange person approaches them."

"Unnie it's me." Nayeon heard this familiar gentle voice before, she just doesn't remember where.

JY : "Ehhhh?"

"It's Tzuyu."

JY :

JY : "Why are you all covered up???"

TY : "Of course I have to, people might recognize me."

"Pabo-yah!" She laughs out loud and hits Jeongyeon a couple of times.

JY : "It's not my fault I couldn't recognize her. She was walking towards us and I thought she was fishy." She Stepped to the side revealing Nayeon. "Besides what are they thinking sending you down here?"

TY : "Well Momo unnie had a couple of drinks already. Sana unnie....." The younger girl sighs.

"And you know how they are when they get intoxicated. The three of them get clinger. So, Sana unnie said it'll be better for me to be seen outside than to be hugged by those two."

JY : "Hahaha it just shows how much Sana's afraid to lose you. Where are they?"

TY : "3rd floor."

JY : "Arraso then we should go."

The three of them made their way to where the Japanese are.

NY : "Hey, is everything alright?"

JY : "It is." She smiles at her. "Just a little something but it's not that big deal."

NY : "Arraso." She softly says.

They entered the room and the first thing that welcomes them was mina signing her heart out. Jeongyeon sighs, if it's already like this she knows they're late.

MN : "Omo! What are you two doing here? I thought you had a date? Want to party with us?" She chuckles.

Sana and Momo can only fake a smile to Jeongyeon.

JY : "How long has it been?"

SN : "An hour or two."

MM : "She already had a couple of bottles when we got here."

JY : "Ehhh?"

TY : "Well, she didn't text us until she was a little bit tipsy. Probably didn't even have a plan to."

Nayeon didn't know what's happening, she wasn't sure what's wrong with Mina having a little fun.

JY : "Aish, Mina we should go home. It's already late, this is not like you."

Mina stopped signing and looked at her. Out of nowhere, she throws the mic to Jeongyeon.

JY : "Yah?!"

MN : "I can't believe you just said that! Not you Jeong!"

MN :

JY : "Mianhae, I didn't mean it like that. Please let us take you home."

And you can say the girl has too much her emotion was all over the place. A while ago she was upset and now she seemed to have calmed down.

MN : "You know the drill Jeong. Pick me up or leave me."

JY : "Arraso, gaja."

MN : "Hmmm can I stay a little longer?" She quickly changed her mind

JY : "Aish, half an hour then we'll go."

MN : "Hai."

Sana and Momo sat next to her, Tzuyu picked a song and the four of them started signing in chorus. Nayeon wasn't still sure what's happening but just sat down with them.

JY : "Mianhae, I can take you home now if you want to."

NY : "Ani, I'm okay. I can wait."

30 minutes passed and seemed like Mina is ready to go. Sana and Momo had already a couple of drinks and so do Nayeon, who just accepted what was handed to her.

JY : "Time to go. Tzu are you driving Momo?"

TY : "Ani Dahyun said she's on her way."

JY : "Arraso, Mina 30 minutes is up."

MN : "Hmmm I changed my mind Jeong."

JY : "Huh?"

MN : "Well, I don't want to ruin your day. You and Nayeon go and I'll take a taxi."

JY : "No... that's not how this works, I can't let you on your own."

MN : "Then how about this. Call Chaeng."

JY : "Mina."

MN : "It's Chaeyoung or a taxi. You choose."

JY : "Don't make a decision you'll regret later."

MN : "Oh please, I've made a lot of decisions I regret. Nothing's gonna happen Jeong. Call her."

JY : "Aish, arraso you girls stay here. Tzuyu, keep an eye on them."

-

Chaeyoung was looking at the night sky when her phone suddenly rings.

INCOMING CALL : YOO JEONGYEON

"Annyeong hyung."

JY : "Hey Chaeng...."

CY : "What's up?"

JY : "Can you go to the bar?"

CY : "If you're drunk and can't drive home I'm not picking you up again. You should know that by now."

JY : "I do. I wouldn't even try to call you but it's not me."

CY : "So?"

JY : "Mina...."

CY : "Unnie? She's drunk???"

JY : "Well..... I was out with Nayeon, when we got a call from Sana. Mina went out alone and she called Sana and Momo after a while of drinking. They were having a hard time convincing her home that's why we drop by. The others are pretty much tipsy since they're trying to take Mina's drinks. Tzuyu is driving Sana and Dahyun is on her way to pick up Momo. I'll be driving Nayeon home."

CY : "Why don't you drop unnie too?"

JY : "I would but the penguin won't move unless "Chaeyoung" picks her up."

CY : "Aish hyung. arraso I'm coming, keep an eye on her."

JY : Hai, hai."

-

Amid the loud noise and the flickering lights, Nayeon was looking for something. It's just a day but seeing Jeongyeon is nowhere near her kinda gave her an uncomfortable feeling. So she stood up and walked to the balcony where she found the taller girl.

NY : "Hey it's cold here."

JY : "Gwenchana, I'm just waiting for Chaeyoung."

NY : "Ehh? Here? Are you gonna see her from here????"

JY : "Haha no but I'll easily spot her car from here. Are you having fun?"

NY : "Mianhae, Sana keeps passing something to me."

JY : "It's okay." She smiles.

NY : "Hmm about Mina? If it's not a bother can I ask what's wrong?"

JY : "Nothing really, it just she has these things she wants to say but until now she can't."

NY : "About what?"

JY : "About Chaeyoung and her."

NY : "Chaeyoung? But those two have been together for a long while, right?"

JY : "Ani. It looks like they are but they aren't. There are things that they still have to talk about."

NY : "Hmmm how about us?"

JY : "Huh? What do you mean."

NY : "You said you like me, right?"

JY : "Maja."

NY : "Then isn't their things we should talk about?"

Jeongyeon wasn't sure if she's supposed to take this seriously. It's true, there are still things they have to talk about but at the same time, she's not sure if it's really what Nayeon wants. Or if it's just the alcohol talking.

JY : "Shouldn't we talk about this at a different time? You know, maybe when you haven't consumed alcohol?"

NY : "It's not like I had a lot. It's okay if you don't want to. I'll do it."

JY : "Ehhh..."

NY : "About Jennie, we grew up together did everything together. I really thought it's gonna be me and her until the end."

Jeongyeon just listened to what the other girl has to say.

NY : "Just when things felt perfect, we fell apart. She told me she wanted to go back to Korea. See what in store for her, I trusted her. That's obvious isn't it?" She chuckles. "But trusting someone with 100% can destroy you. I never knew that that would be it for us. The next thing I know she said she grew out of love, I thought it was just the distance. NaivelyI followed her, refusing to accept that a 10-year relationship would end just like that."

"When I got here, that's when reality hits me. She was sure that she has fallen out of love." She smiles. "So it's really hard to believe when you just said you like me, that you love me. It's hard because there are these fear things will repeat themselves. It's scary how one moment you like someone and the next she doesn't mean anything to you. I've asked myself a lot of times how. How do you fall out of love Jeong?"

Nayeon looks at the dark sky, she reached out for something Jeongyeon doesn't see. The taller girl understands how she feels, she knows how hard to give everything to someone who'll change her mind in the end. So instead of staying quiet, Jeongyeon grabs Nayeon's hand and intertwines their fingers.

JY : "They fall out of love because they're not the right one for us. They're not prepared for the greatness we have." She smiles and Nayeon's heart got warmer. "Imagine how hard it will be if we ended up with the wrong ones? I know it's hard to trust and to love again. But that's why this time doesn't give everything you got, save some for yourself. I wouldn't mind having 50% of what you can." She squeezed her hand tighter.

The older girl unconsciously smiles back at her. She's been thinking about it, her big hand fits perfectly with Jeongyeon's small hands.

Like they were made to fill the void on each other.

JY : "I went through the same thing, fell in love, and thought that was it. She was my everything, my world, my life until she wasn't. Just like you, I gave her my all but unlike Jennie, she wasn't sure what she wanted. We've been on and off, trying to fix whatever we had. I stopped because I realized I was the only one trying. She looks for me when she needs me and ignores me when she doesn't. It took a while but I finally realized I didn't deserve to be treated like that. I knew I have to treat myself better. To be honest with you I never really thought about relationships. I find it hard to trust anyone just like you did. Whenever I feel like somethings going right I run away. I was afraid, I wasn't ready to gamble on these things again. Until I meet you.

Not because I felt bad for what happened to you. Not because you're a pretty face. I still haven't quite figured it out myself but one thing I'm sure of is if it's you I'm willing to try my chances. And by that, I'm ready to even for the chances of losing. If it's you then I'll gamble whatever I have."

Maybe it's the alcohol but Nayeon's face has gotten more and more red.

NY : "Who was she? If you don't mind me asking."

JY : "Of course not, I'll tell you everything you want to know. She's J...."

SN : "Unnie! It's your song!"

NY : "Jamkkanman, I have to sing this one. We'll talk about it later." She said running inside.

Jeongyeon chuckles.

---