CHAPTER 42

THE BEGINNING OF OUR END [2YEON]

68747470733a2f2f696d672e776174747061642e636f6d2f73746f72795f70617274732f313039383037343939362f696d616765732f313639373030316139653137363461353232333831373338383430372e6a7067?s=fit&h=360&w=720&q=80

NO ONE'S POV

Jeongyeon woke up early in the morning. She found Chaeyoung, Dahyun, and Tzuyu all snuggled to her. No wonder it felt like she was being squished by an elephant in her sleep. Not that it matters, to be honest after having a couple of shots that put the three younger girls into sleep. She found herself cleaning the place, she knows she's not supposed to. It's just no matter how much she wants to sleep her mind just wouldn't rest.

She carefully got out of bed, went to grab something then,

*BANG* SOUND OF SPATULA HITTING A PAN*

DH : "What?!?!?"

CY : "Where's the fire?!"

Tzuyu calmly stood up and follow Chaeyoung and Dahyun like a puppy. She might be the one who always disagrees with these two but most of the time she finds herself following them unconsciously.

She might be the one who always disagrees with these two but most of the time she finds herself following them unconsciously

JY : "Hahaha! Get your *s up, it's my wedding day."

DH : "Ehhhh, that's it?"

CY : "5 minutes more..."

Tzuyu didn't even say a word and just went back to bed.

JY : "Do what you want but I'm going back to my room. Besides I'm not the one who's gonna get killed by my girlfriend...."

*KNOCK*KNOCK*

"Jeongyeon, Dahyun, Chaeyoung, Tzuyu. It's time to get ready don't make your girlfriends wait."

And out of nowhere, Tzuyu bolted out of the bed.

TY : "That's Sana unnie!!!! What time is it?! Why didn't anybody wake me up?!"

JY :

JY : "What? So if it's me waking you up it feels like nothing? One word from Sana and you're having cold sweats."

TY : "No time for this unnie, let's go." She said pushing Chaeyoung and Dahyun.

Jeongyeon just laughs as she follows them out of the room. They were greeted by Sana and Momo.

MM : "Gaja, we don't want to be rushing."

CY : "Where's Mina unnie?"

SN : "Back in your room. She said she has to check your suit for one last time."

CY : "Oooh, then let's go!"

JY : "Uhmmm is Nay..."

MM : "She's getting ready. So you should go and take a bath too."

Jeongyeon nodded and went up with the rest of the girls. The first thing she did was take a lengthy bath. In the middle of the cold stream of water coming from the shower, Jeongyeon starts to think of things. Things she's not supposed to.

Just when she got out of the bath, her mom and older sisters came in. The three of them helped her. Seungyeon cried even before their mother did.

JY : "I don't get why you're crying."

SG : "And I don't get why your not."

SY : "Don't tell me you two will fight over that?"

JM : "No one's fighting, this is a very important day to your younger sister. Jeong your unnie is crying because she's haply for you. Right?"

SG : "Yeah... But you could also say I'm crying because I'm so glad that your gonna be somebody else's problem."

JY : "Yah!"

SG : "I'm kidding."

SY : "I still can't believe you outgrew us."

Jeongyeon looks at her other sister.

SY : "Everything you want, everything you do you always excel. Even before we realized what we wanted in life. You figured yours right away, me and unnie always talk about this and we couldn't be happier that our baby sister was you."

The younger girl didn't say a word she grabs her unnie and hugs her.

JD : "I should be the one saying that you three grew up in a blink of an eye. Sometimes I and mom get selfish and wish the three of you would stay the same forever. Those little girls who always run to welcome us home. Those little girls who always fight with almost the littlest thing. But even if you didn't were glad that you three grew up to be fine woman's. I guess there's no stopping time."

The older Yoo walks inside the room with tears in his eyes

The older Yoo walks inside the room with tears in his eyes.

JM : "This is why he didn't want to come in."

SY : "If you guys cry, I might start crying."

JM : "Okay, no one's going to cry. At least until later, Jeong will go and wait for you outside. If you need anything call us."

SG : "Relax, you'll be fine... Poop head."

Jeongyeon smiles as she playfully pushes Seungyeon outside.

She grabs some water and composes herself once again.

Yoo Jeongyeon doesn't have any plans to cry.

-

The taller girl waits, and waiting has always been the hardest part. Not just today but every time. Her heart is about to explode and her head is about to go blank.

How come 30 minutes feels like an eternity?

And maybe she was so nervous she didn't notice that one person has quietly entered her room. Mina stands there, watching the taller girl pace back and forth in front of the window. Just like all the time she found Jeongyeon like this, Mina simply stayed there in silence. Until Jeongyeon turns around and finds her.

JY : "Hey, I didn't notice you're here. Where're the others?"

MN : "I just got here. Dahyun and Tzuyu are trying to calm Sana and Momo who cried out of nowhere. While Chaeng went to double-check everything. What's up?" She said walking closer to the girl.

JY : "Nothing, just waiting."

MN : "Are you sure? You haven't even properly tie your neck tie. Your suits going to get wrinkled if you keep on crossing your hand." She said fixing Jeongyeon's tie and carefully brush off the lint in her suit.

MN : "Is something bothering you?"

JY : "I'm fine."

MN : "You're not." She said sitting on the bed.

JY : "You really do know me huh?"

MN : "Well, I hate to take the spotlight but I know you better than anyone here. At least for now. So, how about you sit down and we can talk."

JY : "There's no time."

MN : "Believe me there's plenty of time."

JY : "Arraso." She said sitting back down.

MN : "So?"

JY : "So???"

MN : "What's going on that blockhead of yours."

JY : "I don't know. It's like nothing on it but it feels full."

MN : "Nervous?"

JY : "Of course, who wouldn't?"

Mina chuckles. "Mianhae, I'm not sure what to tell you since I haven't been married yet."

JY : "Gwenchana."

MN : "But if there's one thing I could say, it's things will be alright."

JY : "Huh?"

MN : "Like what I told you I probably know you more than anyone here. You might not know it yourself but I'm sure in the deepest corner of your mind you're worrying about something. I mean you are a worrywart."

JY : "Haha, is that a compliment?"

MN : "It is, but I mean worrying is normal and everything your feeling right now is normal. Just remember that no matter what happens Nayeon unnie loves you. She loves Yoo Jeongyeon. So whatever you're worried about wouldn't matter."

Jeongyeon looks at Mina, she's right. Maybe she is worried about things too much and maybe what the Japanese said was the only thing she was wanting to hear.

JY : "Thank you, I don't really know what to say but I do appreciate you being here. Somehow having you by my side all the time made me feel assured of things and I know things would've been harder without you."

MN : "Pabo, that's part of my job but it's mostly I'm your friend and I really can't get rid of you, haha just kidding. You just overthink too much, just relax. Take deep breathes and feel your heart because every pounding it makes will be worth it once you see unnie."

JY : "You're right, she's worth every mini heart attack I'm having right now. Nayeon's worth it."

[ON THE OTHER PART OF THE HOTEL]

Maybe it's just her nature to check everything or maybe it's because she's Nayeon's boss. Jihyo walks all over the place as she checks on everyone. A little while after getting ready Sana and Momo was convincing her to see Nayeon. But she thought she'll let the bride have some alone time with her parents.

As she goes around greeting and thanking people like she's Nayeon's mom, she saw Sana and Momo getting out of the room with tears on their face.

JH : "What happened????"

MN : "These two suddenly start crying after seeing unnie. It was a good thing Nayeon unnie didn't see them like this."

SN : "She looks beautiful."

JH : "Auntie and uncle haven't even shed a tear and here you two are."

MM : "We're just so happy for her."

JH : "Aish."

MN : "How about you go inside?"

JH : "Me?"

Mina nodded. "You haven't said hi to her today."

And the Japanese were right, she spent almost the whole morning greeting everyone and asking them if they find things alright but haven't even said hello to her dear friend.

MN : "Go, I'll call Dahyun and Tzuyu to calm these two. Then, I'll go check in with Jeongyeon too."

JH : "Arraso."

Jihyo comes into Nayeon's room after knocking a few times. It was a good thing that Mina took the other Japanese out of the room before Nayeon sees them because everyone knows once the older girl sees tears she's gonna break down.

But it seems like Nayeon already has something going in her head. Jihyo finds her sitting on the edge of the bed, looking far away outside.

JH : "You're looking in the wrong way unnie."

Nayeon turns around, she has this pale look on her face and an awkward smile on her lips. Somehow Jihyo can see the questions, the what-ifs, and every little hesitation she's having right now. The smaller girl sat next to her, she didn't say a word, didn't even attempt to say anything. She just sat there, held Nayeon's hands like she was telling her it's fine.

Yes, Jihyo is her boss. But before anything else, Jihyo is a friend. A friend who got her back since they're small.

Nayeon stares outside. "What comes after these?"

The younger girl feels Nayeon's hand trembling.

NY : "What comes after the I do's? What if that's the end of it?" She pauses for a while to take a deep breath. "Ji, I'm worried, what if one-day Jeongyeon wakes up and she finds herself falling out of love with me? What comes after that? Because I don't think I'll make it if that happens. I don't think losing Jeongyeon would be something I just cry for years and move on. If I lose her, I lose everything." Her voice starts to crack.

NY : "What do I do if that day comes?"

Jihyo grabs her cheeks and forced her to face her. "Do you want to run away????"

NY : "No, not at all. I was just thinking of the possibility."

JH : "Aish, don't you think you got the orders wrong?"

NY : "Huh?"

JH : "This question, this was supposed to be the first thing you do. This is what you ask yourself before you say you will marry someone. Tell me when Jeongyeon asked you to marry her. When that idiot got down on one knee at the airport. Did those things come to your mind? Did you ask yourself? Were you pressured or was it all in the spur of the moment?"

NY : "No, I said yes because I want to do this, I want to marry her."

JH : "Two months before this day what was going on that mind of yours?"

NY : "I was happy, I knew I was in the right place and I knew Jeongyeon was the right person. She's the one."

JH : "Did you have a change of heart today?"

NY : "Of course not."

JH : "Then why are you thinking differently?"

NY : "It's just..... Everythings just settling in. Jeongyeon's perfect, she loves me without any what or whys. And you know how perfect dreams go. It always ends up in a nightmare. I'm just scared after today, that Jeongyeon would realize how flawed and imperfect I am."

JH : "I think you're a bigger idiot than Jeongyeon. This is not a dream, this is your reality. Do you even know how much that girl is crazy for you? Do you even know how much she loves you?"

NY : "I do."

JH : "Then that's the answer to those questions. Besides Jeongyeon is not perfect, she told me that herself. You know what else she said?"

The older girl just looks at her.

JH : "That if people think she's better than everyone else, that if they think she's perfect. Then she's not gonna argue with that but she wants all of them to know that the only reason she is perfect. Is...." She chuckles. "Is because Im Nayeon completes her."

"Now tell me, do you really think that person would wake up one day and realize she doesn't love you anymore?"

Nayeon gave her an awkward smile with a lot of hesitation on her face.

JH : "Paboooo." She pinches her cheeks. "Let's go, I did my part. If that's not enough I know who would give you the answers that you want."

---