CHAPTER 50

THE BEGINNING OF OUR END [2YEON]

68747470733a2f2f696d672e776174747061642e636f6d2f73746f72795f70617274732f313039383037393136372f696d616765732f313661633636663765373866373362323633303633363436363537302e6a7067?s=fit&h=360&w=720&q=80

NO ONE'S POV

Im Nayeon has dreamed of a perfect life ever since she was small. That's why when she met Jennie, she thought she's lucky, that she had it easy. But unbeknownst to her was the pain of getting left behind. After that she swore to be careful when it comes to trusting someone, to always take her time in making decisions.

Then came Yoo Jeongyeon.

With Jeongyeon everything felt right, that everything she do was right

With Jeongyeon everything felt right, that everything she do was right. Even with her best effort, Nayeon couldn't prevent herself from falling. Because the moment she realized she was in love it was too late, she just let herself go.

Falling deeper and deeper.

The way she loves Jeongyeon was something she never has to use her head. But lately, Nayeon thought that to keep Jeongyeon for a long time, she has to come up with a plan.

Well, Yoo Jeongyeon is her world. She wants to hold her until the end.

*CAR DOOR OPENS*

Nayeon looks up and there she was, Jeongyeon was offering her hand. Her eyes were dark brown, the darkest of their kind but most of the time it feels like it's glowing, sometimes it sparkles. She wears this simple suit, black and white. Her hair was combed perfectly.

For Nayeon, Jeongyeon is perfect.

JY : "Be careful." She said assisting the girl in a white dress.

NY : "Gomawo."

With their arms entangled with each other, the couple of the decade make their way into this red carpet. Politely greeting everyone with a smile.

NY : "I thought this is a charity event?" She said whispering to the taller girl.

JY : "It is, every article that will be published about this will go to the charity."

NY : "That's actually a great idea."

"Ohhh here's my favorite couple." The older lady greeted the two of them.

JY : "Annyeong Ms. President."

NY : "Good evening."

"I hope you find everything great, we'll start the program in a while. I know this is all of a sudden but if we can get a short message from you Jeongyeon-ssi."

JY : "No worries, I'll be delighted."

"Then you and your lovely wife should go inside. I'll see you two later, enjoy the night."

NY : "Gomawo."

-

Nayeon just followed Jeongyeon to where Mina and the others were, to her surprise their whole group is in here.

NY : "I understand why Mina and Chaeyoung are here. But you guys?"

SN : "Are you talking to us?"

NY : "You and Momo."

MM : "Ehhh, Dahyun and I were invited here."

SN : "And Tzuyu is one of the most successful idols right now. Of course, she'll get invited."

NY : "Then why are you two here?"

SN : "Because were their girlfriends."

MM : "Maja!"

JY : "Haha don't start a fight, you're a plus one to remember?"

SN : "See?"

NY : "Duh? I'm her wife of course I'll be wherever she is."

MN : "Okay kids, it's too early to bicker. Look at your girlfriends, they're already in line for that huge chocolate fountain."

MM : "Not fair!"

Sana and Jeongyeon nodded intensely.

NY : "You want to run there too, don't you?" She said looking at Jeongyeon.

JY : "Ani, my head just moved on its own." She denied.

NY : "I know you if there are two things that get you up on your feet. Is that three kids and chocolate. Go ahead, just make sure you don't get yourself dirty before your speech."

Jeongyeon smiled and made her way with Sana and Momo, leaving Nayeon alone with Mina.

MN : "Wait, did you just say speech?"

NY : "Yes? She was asked to."

MN : "I didn't know anything about that."

NY : "It was sudden, she was asked a while ago."

MN : "Don't you think Jeongyeon should be practicing instead of eating chocolate?"

NY : "Jeongyeon? I know she gets sloppy sometimes but believes me she gives the best impromptu speeches. As a matter of fact, I'll prefer she does it without any practice. Because Jeongyeon always say things straight from her heart and we both know she has the kindest heart."

MN : "Well I guess we can trust Jeongyeon with this one."

JH : "Jeongyeon? Pfft, I bet you she'll make that not-so-funny joke." She said showing out of nowhere.

NY : "I don't want to hear that from someone who arrived late."

JH : "I'm not late besides I had to pick up someone." She smiles.

A timid girl in a yellow dress came out of her back. "Annyeong." She greeted them with a smile.

MN : "Kim Sejeong?!"

NY :

NY : "You should've told us she's coming home."

JH : "What for? So you could make a scene in the airport?"

SJ : "Don't be so grumpy."

NY : "Thank god you're back, at least she'll have a cooler head from now on."

JH : "Yah!"

NY : "Sejeong-ah help me." She said hiding in the back of the other girl.

Sejeong couldn't help but laugh at her.

MN : "Are you staying for good? Did Jihyo finally asked you to marry her?"

Jihyo just glare at her. Sejeong chuckles "It's not like I live overseas, it just happened most of my work is overseas. My home is still here." She said holding Jihyo's hand. "And we know that if Jihyo would ask me that, you guys would be the first one to know. So, no."

JH : "Not yet." She smiles.

NY : "Aigoo, not even an hour and Jihyo is already soft."

SJ : "Where are the others?"

Nayeon and Mina pointed at where the girls are.

JH : "The party hasn't even started."

MN : "You want to go and tell them to stop?"

JH : "As if any of them would listen."

MN : "That's what I thought so."

"Good evening, we would like to ask everyone to take their seats. The program will start shortly." Was heard over the speaker.

Jeongyeon started making her way back to Nayeon with the others.

JY : "Woah, Sejeong-ah! Welcome home, did Jihyo asked you to mar-"

NY : "Nope, not yet." She said cutting what her wife has to say. "Yah! You still have a speech to deliver." She said wiping a smudge on Jeongyeon's face.

CY : "Haha how does it feel to be taking care of a child unnie?"

NY : "I don't know, how is it Mina?"

MN : "It depends how old your child is, it's just endless cleaning up though." She said fixing Chaeyoung's suit.

JY : "Hahaha served you right!"

DH : "You got burned there, bro."

CY : "Shut up."

JH : "Arraso, enough of this childish bickering. Let's take a sit."

Everyone followed Jihyo to their table. Nayeon's still wiping some crumbs and smudge in Jeongyeon's face because the girl wouldn't stop eating.

NY : "When do you plan to stop Jeong? We're running out of tissue."

JY : "I'm almost done."

NY : "Arraso but no more big bite, it's gonna smudge your face again."

JY : "Okay Mrs. Yoo."

"Jeong PD-nim is calling us to the front."

Nayeon turns around and the first thing she thought was "She looks a lot prettier in person."

JY : "Ohh is that so, I'll be right there." She said standing up.

BN : "Is this your beautiful wife?"

JY : "RIght! This is Yoo Nayeon." She said pointing to the sitting girl.

Nayeon was quick to get up, she offers her hand. "Nice to finally meet you." She greeted.

BN : "Same here, I'm Kim Jiyeon." She said shaking Nayeon's hand."I'd love to chat but we're already needed upfront." She said letting go.

NY : "No worries, I don't want to hold you two."

JY : "I'll be right back."

NY : "Take your time."

The two of them walked towards the stage while everyone follows them with their eyes. It's the first time that Nayeon has seen the girl in person, they do look good together and Nayeon can't help but feel insecure after the meeting.

Something she should've felt the first time Jeongyeon said they're working together.

-

The program started, Jeongyeon gave her opening remarks but to Nayeon's dismay, Jeongyeon was asked to stay seated in front of the rest of the sponsors

The program started, Jeongyeon gave her opening remarks but to Nayeon's dismay, Jeongyeon was asked to stay seated in front with the rest of the sponsors. Because this is the type of event where you spend the whole night, sitting, listening to everyone's speech. Not the type where you roam around and socialize with everyone. So in short, she's not gonna be able to talk to Jeongyeon until this whole thing is over.

But Nayeon waits patiently as she could.

Though the girl can't help but watch her wife from afar. It's like she's not even processing what's happening around her. Nayeon watch as her wife stares at nothing, she noticed this a little while ago, Jeongyeon's been spacing out a lot lately. You could say that she's still doing what she usually does at home but lately, she's been looking at blank space a lot.

Like she was searching.

As if she was looking out for something.

As the program came to an end Nayeon watch as her wife gets her picture taken with most of the sponsors. Jeongyeon stands in the middle of everyone, she looks stunning as ever and Nayeon just can't help herself from falling more in love with her. She's barely blinking, watching her wife closer as though she's gonna go missing on her.

But in a blink of an eye, while she's in the midst of taking a breath, Jeongyeon disappeared.

Nayeon looks around but the girl was gone. It's not like she's not searching hard enough, you can put them in a room full of people and Nayeon would still find Jeongyeon. Because Nayeon knows her wife, the way she is, and the way she stands out from others. But no matter how hard she tries, the girl is just nowhere to be found.

The most reasonable thing to do is wait for her with the others. It's her event and she probably just got caught of with others. But Nayeon felt uneasy, it felt like if she doesn't look for her Jeongyeon will never come back. "Find her." She said to herself. Not even a minute and Nayeon excused herself from the rest of the girls. Calmly she looks around for her wife.

Maybe watching Jeongyeon from afar and not being able to speak with her made Nayeon uneasy because it's the first time that they're in the same room but not next to each other. Slowly she makes her way in this sea of people, looking for her wife. She feels like she's been running for a while now. Her feet are getting tired and she's getting dizzy. She looks to her side and found this open door to the balcony.

A door that felt like it was calling to her.

But every step she took to get closer to it was heavy. It's like an unknown force was holding her to get out of that door.

One step out of the door and Nayeon felt relieved, finally, she have found her wife. Jeongyeon was there. She took another step and that was it. That was the last step she took before she stopped.

Nayeon saw Bona and Jeongyeon kissing.

The older girl watch as her whole world gets taken away from her

The older girl watch as her whole world gets taken away from her. She stood there crying on her own holding her breath in fear that her wife would see her.

Nayeon should be angry but why is she the one hiding?

---