Chapter 68 - Mr. Lee

A Quest for Joy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Are you done yet?" Taeyeon stared at her gazing at nothing.

"...uh yeah almost done." She gave her a smile.

They had breakfast at the hotel and Tiffany decided to come home with Taeyeon and finally meet Jessica. Taeyeon thought it was a good idea since She remembered Jessica asking about her last night. Maybe she was mad that her best friend didn't tell her she was back in the city. 
 

When they the two arrived at Jessica's house, they saw a strange car parked outside of her house. A visitor? 


The two walked in the front door and was greeted by Mr. Bae and Mr. Jung sitting at the family room table, along with a younger man wrapped inside some bandages. 

 

"Well we are having a party today." Taeyeon muttered under her breath. 

Tiffany squinted at her as if she was serious with her statement, because the atmosphere felt pretty intense, how can Taeyeon say something so naive. She was not expecting to see The CEO there, whom she had never met despite being Jessica's best friend. 

"Shhh, I will handle it." Taeyeon had an idea of what she is expecting. 

She walked over to the adults sitting at the family room table. Her eyes scanned the room. Mr. Jung and Mr. Bae was sitting side by side on the opposite side and Taec the one beside M. Bae. The boy's face was covered in bandances, his left eye was completely swollen that you could barely make out his iris. His left arm was in an arm sling as well. Then she realized that Jessica was sitting at the sofa beside the family room table, looking blankly at her.

Taeyeon looked at the two adults cluelessly, as if she had no clue on what's happening, nor why Mr. Bae was there. 

Mr. Jung cleared his throat.  Taeyeon gestured Tiffany to head to the living room. Jessica completely ignored Tiffany's presence. The latter noticed it and how her best friend was looking longingly at Taeyeon and sighed. 

"Taeyeon. We were just about to call you." Mr. Jung began to speak. "Please explain yourself."

"Huh? What happened?" She answered him innocently.

Mr. Bae looked solemnly at her. A look that would scare any commoner and cause them to stammer when standing in front of a man like Mr. Bae. It was the complete opposite of the look when he complimented on her singing a few weeks back. 

"Do NOT act innocent in front of me, Taeyeon! You beat up my son in the middle of the night at a parking lot." Mr. Bae said angrily.

"Why do you say I beat him up?"

"It was obvious that you did."

"Then where is he? He asking his daddy to talk for him?" 

"TAEYEON! Do not be rude!" Mr. Jung warned her.

The boy in the bandages sat at the edge of his seat, breathing heavily. "HOW DARE YOU!"

Mr. Bae rested his hand on his stepson's shoulders. 

"Oh, is that you Taec? Almost thought you were a mummy!" Taeyeon joked.

"That's enough! You better explain yourself or you will be punished." Mr. Jung said in a stern tone.

"How do I explain something I didn't do? Did you see that it was me that beat you?" She asked Taec.

"Although my head was covered, I clearly heard you! You identified yourself loud and clear!"

"Why would I do that?"

"You are an arrogant piece of sh*t!" Taec fummed with anger.

"Mr. Bae, you heard him yourself. His head was covered. Why would I cover his head if I was going to tell him my name?"

"Do not play me for a fool, Taeyeon. You clearly made up that as an excuse to talk yourself out. What are you going to say next? Someone that sounded like you beat my son up!?"

"Mr. Jung, Taec just got out of a bar and was probably drunk. Who knew what he could have heard? It could be another girl he cheated on or an impersonator like Mr. Bae suggests." Taeyeon stated.

"Oh? So Taec didn't even see who the assailant was?" Mr. Jung looked at Mr. Bae for answers.

"No, he did not. May I ask where you were last night at midnight?" Mr. Bae focused on Taeyeon, curious what she might say.

Jessica also sat up in her seat and stared at her intently, trying to hear her answer closely.

"I was with Tiffany. We went shopping and then we stayed at a hotel, you can ask her yourself." Taeyeon answered.

"If so, then..." Mr. Bae spoke, but was cut off by Mr. Jung.

"Did you just say you went shopping then stayed at a Hotel alone with Tiffany?!" Mr. Jung looked at  her in disbelief. 
 

"Yes, so what? We were best friends and needed to catch up." Taeyeon stated nonchalantly.
 

Jessica looked at her, eyes filled with disappointment. What friends decide to spen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter