Chapter 31

A Quest for Joy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What did you do this whole time? just walk around?"

"No wonder you and Tiffany are best friends, so many questions! Yes! I walked around for an hour, are you happy?"

Jessica rolled her eyes and dialed for her driver's number. She was kind of glad it didn't end badly.

"How did it go?" A woman on the phone.

"Hey. Don't worry, everything went accordingly. We got her drunk and she had no idea what's going on, she should be in your daughter's hands by now!" One man spoke on the cellphone.

"Hmmm...do you have proof?"

"I will send you a photo soon."

"Ok. Good job, if everything is set I will gave you your bonus within 24 hours. Thank you for your service."

"No problem. If you have anymore job, please call us again!"

"That won't be necessary. Good bye."

The picture came through. Why does it look like Irene? It can't be, she isn't even old enough to be at a bar. It is Taeyeon, it has to be. 

Mrs. Jung couldn't fathom the picture and suddenly felt worried. If it was Irene it will cause her and Mr. Jung a lot of trouble. 

------

On the way home:

Taeyeon wondered if the Irene she met was the CEO's daughter. Why would she be at a bar? Her friend did say it was a dare. But she has a strange feeling that she must find out.

"What does the CEO's daughter look like?" Taeyeon asked Jessica in the car.

"Why? That's a random question. Do you know her?"
 

"No. Do you know what she look like?"

"Are you drunk?"

"For the thousandths time, I am NOT drunk!" 

"Oh...She kinda look like you actually. You both have that cool gaze and scary look." Jessica sunk back in her seat.

"I am scary?" Taeyeon looked at Jessica, pointing a finger at herself.

"Don't flatter yourself, I meant that as in nobody wants to approach you kind of scary."
 

"What other kinds of scary are there?" Taeyeon asked curiously.

"...I don't know..." Jessica said after thinking for a while and couldn't think of any other meanings.

"Then how do you know if I am other types of scary if you haven't tried approaching me before?" 

"Huh? Who want to try and talk to you? Why would I want to approach you." Jessica retorted.

"Ahhh...so you were setting up something tonight!" Taeyeon studied Jessica with her index finger and thumb wrapped around her chin.

"..."  b*ch trying to interrogate me! Jessica looked at Taeyeon with her glare, but the latter was still squinting at her unforgivingly.

"YAHHH! CAN YOU STOP LOOKING AT ME LIKE THAT!?" Jessica felt uncomfortable, "Fine, I wanted to get you drunk and scare you..." 

Jessica mentally slapped herself for giving in so easily.

"Scare me by making me drunk?" Taeyeon chuckled, finding it amusing, suddenly forgetting about Jessica leaving her behind at the club.

"Well...there were supposed to be three guys that's supposed to ..."

Taeyeon's look turned from a curious to a glare...

What's with that glare...Jessica shuddered. "They were just supposed to scare you and get you drunk! It's not like that happened anyway! Can you stop looking at me like that, it's creepy..."

"Did you know the three guys?"

"No...they were just some...male...hookers..." Jessica can't believe how brutally honest she's being, Why am I telling the truth???
 

At this point Taeyeon had her eyes wide open with her jaws dropped. "YOU TRYING TO GET ME !??"

"YAHHH! WHAT THE HECK NO!! IT WASN'T LIKE THAT!! We...I mean I just want to scare you...a bit." Jessica added the last part hoping it will lessen the seriousness.

"Scare me? AND YOU HIRE THREE STRANGERS...HOOKERS!? HOW..." that just reminded her of the girl that she saw unconscious earlier and three guys exiting the VIP room...They must thought she was me,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter