Chapter 11 - Creepy Man

A Quest for Joy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

———

There was nobody at home as expected, and it was only 7:40PM. Taeyeon’s parents won’t be home for another 3 or 4 hours. 

 

“Well, I am going to leave him here with you and head back before your parents get home.” Joowon said and took his leave immediately.

 

Taeyeon knows that it is no use to ask him to stay any longer, because he would just say “We can’t let your parents find out.” As if they are having a secret relationship, well, it kind of is, just not that kind. He is like that secret bodyguard that always protected her in the shadows and is always there when she needed someone to rant or vent her frustrations. She loved chatting with Joowon when he was willing to spare a moment or they don’t have to worry about her parents, but those were rare moments.

 

She walked to the kitchen to grab a cup of instant noodles and started heating up some water. Then she went back to the living room to grab her bags. Oh right, you are here. Taeyeon is not used to having a second soul in her house, so she smiled innocently at Tiffany. 

 

“I didn’t realize you came all the way here, do you want to eat something before you go?”

 

“Yeah, but not cup noodles.” Tiffany said and headed towards the kitchen.

 

“Aren’t you gonna ask what happened?” Taeyeon’s eyes followed Tiffany to the fridge and back to the unconscious man on couch.  She is surprised that Tiffany didn't ask so many questions like she used to at school, or on the bus earlier for that matter. 

 

“I don’t want to think about it. Plus, didn’t you guys already found out who he is?” Tiffany said as she went through Taeyeon’s fridge. 

 

Tiffany took out six eggs, some ham and some bread. She looked around the kitchen trying to find materials to cook with. 

 

“You are seriously going to cook?” Taeyeon is surprised at how forward Tiffany is, who just went through a stranger’s kitchen like it was hers.  

 

“Yep, we are going to have at least something more nutritious than a cup of noodles. Don’t tell me that’s what you eat everyday.”

 

“Pretty much...” Taeyeon muttered softly.

 

“No way! Really? No wonder you are so skinny!” Tiffany looked at Taeyeon with a worried grandma face as if her grand child had been n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter