Chapter 55 - A Letter

A Quest for Joy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I don't know. Stop asking so many questions before I want to pay you back for the punch. Mr. Lee permitted it. You should leave."

Taeyeon turned around and was prepared to leave, but her brain wanted to know more or at least see more of the girl...

"Can I have your number or social media..."

"Your girlfriend is waiting in the car. It won't be the last time we meet." Sooyoung grinned at her and left.

 

Taeyeon took the file in her hands and left the building.

"Ok, let's go." She said as she stepped into the car.

"FINALLY! What took you so long? I thought you were lost or got caught in there."

"I did get caught."

"WHAT!?"

"Do you have to shout??? I am right next to you!" Taeyeon glared at her and scratched her ears. 

"How did you get caught?"

"I am an idiot." Taeyeon admitted, "They knew exactly what I wanted and they even knew you were waiting outside..."

"What the fk??? Did someone tell them we were coming?"

"Can you just drive home already?? God damn it."

Jessica glared at the girl, but only received a glare back. Tired of arguing, she drives home.

------

When they got home they immediately went to bed. Taeyeon shifted and twisted on her bed, wondering if she should read what's inside the documents. After thinking in her head for a period of time, she drifted away to sleep. 

The next morning came and curiosity got the best of her. Taeyeon locked herself inside her room and browsed the contents of the envelope. Inside there was a huge booklet of recorded events, and from what she can tell most of it was Joowon's various tasks or missions. He went through a lot of jobs, up to the hundreds, and most of the missions were successful. However, his number of missions decreased after the time when he took on the task of protecting her. 

Casulty report? What is this...Taeyeon flipped through the last few pages of the report, it had a table of casulaties...

The table listed all the people that died on his guard duties...she scanned through the documents and saw a total casualtiy count...it read 9. He killed 9 people? Should I ask him about it? No wonder why he wants these documents. 

Taeyeon flipped through to the last mission Joowon had done out of curiosity. It was the mission where he and two other individuals saved Irene and her in that damned car chase. The document stated that the accident involved one casualty, pressumably the driver, and the elder sister suffered significant me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter