Chapter 73

A Quest for Joy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon gave Jessica's lips a quick peck. After seeing Jessica respond to her kiss with a smile, she got up for a second looking at her own clothing.

Too lazy to go back to her own room, she ed and took off her shirt and jeans. Now just in her tank and underwear, she wrapped her arms around her girlfriend and pressed the tip of her forehead  against Jessica's. 
 

You are so pretty, Sica. I know I can be frustrating to deal with. I might not know how to be a good friend, or am I just too boring? But I will learn to cherish you. I feel so free when I'm talking to you.

At Mr. Bae's mansion, Taec is being scolded by Mr. Bae all morning since he woke up. Because of this incident, Mr. Bae lost face knowing that his stepson had done something that could worsen the company's reputation. The company was already not in a good spot as it is, with a lot of shareholders and even fans questioning how they treat their idols and employees. They were losing revenue in their entertainment departments and other departments weren't doing too hot either. All the programs and policies that Taeyeon's mother had put in place are now just mere words chistled on a large stone slab inside their main building. Although still in effect, the core principle is not there anymore and all it was now is a method of earning more revenue. However, he knows that it will not last long if the company continued down this path. Recently, there had been rumours regarding spies within the company, which he is already working overtime to help settle the situation. The last thing he needs is for his own son to expose a new scandal under his company's name. Not only that, he did not want Taeyeon to be mixed in with this mess, he had high hopes for her development. Although Taeyeon had caused him a fair bit of trouble – from the night when Jessica declared her as her girlfriend to the times when Taeyeon beat up his son – he was happy to see that Taeyeon had the same cleverness and bravery as her mother. He was also particularly glad that Taeyeon stood her own ground when himself and Mr. Jung questioned her. He was happy in the sense that Taeyeon was able to defend her loved ones when she sees potential danger. Yes, Mr. Bae had already guessed Taeyeon's real reasons for attacking Taec. How did he know? Well, Mr. Lee informed him, who was in turn informed by his intern, Sooyoung. He came to Mr. Jung because he had to have some explanation for his son's unexpected injuries. They both agreed to tell the media that he got mugged at night after a party.  And Taeyeon was a sweet family friend, who volunteered to take care of him.

Mr. Lee ordered Sooyoung to watch over Taeyeon now that Joowon had retired and living with his girlfriend. However, knowing how much Taeyeon hated about being followed, he told her to only follow her when she goes to odd places or at an odd time. Sooyoung saw every second as Taeyeon laid her punches on Taec and heard every single word she had said. 

"Black mailing your own sister, is that what you have come down to!?" Mr. Bae asked his son angrily.

"I am not that ignorant! I would never black mail Irene! I had to do it because of Taeyeon! She attacked me first!" Taec retorted.

"You even have an excuse to black mail people now, don't you?! Don't you think I didn't know anything about you asking around for people to help you cheat on your exams." Mr. Bae said in a loud and stern voice. 

"What? How did you know?" Taec said, bewildered that his father knew about the matter. He was always very careful.

"Do you plan on cheating your way to graduation?? Do you expect to black mail your way into my company!?" 

Taec looked down to the ground, panicked at Mr. Bae's words. "No, no I would not dare to do that." He said obediently.

"Then STOP with this stupid grudge of yours against Taeyeon and focus on yourself."

"BUT FATHER! SHE CAN JUST GO AROUND AND BEAT ME UP WITHOUT CONSEQUENCES!?" Taec protested, still thinking he is more innocent. No one had ever dared to stand up to him, he had always been the one who beat down his opposers until Taeyeon showed up. What frustrates him the most was that whenever Taeyeon attacked him it was during times that he couldn't find an excuse. 

"STOP FOCUSING YOUR IDIOTIC MIND ON TAEYEON! YOU CAN'T EVEN GRADUAT

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter