Chapter 49 - Sisters

A Quest for Joy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Oh that was my sister's room, I locked it because I didn't want people in there moving stuff. Actually I don't mind showing it to you."

Irene went to her room to grab the keys to her sister's room.

She looked at the key that she hid under her rug and took the key. She paused there and thought for a moment.  I swear it wasn't this close to the edge when I last placed it...

They entered Irene's sister's room.

Taeyeon looked at the room, it wasn't as large as Irene's about half the size. It was the size and look of a middle school aged girl. She wondered how hard it must been for Irene to get over that her sister was dead, where she missed Yoona so much when she's just in another city. To think Irene even kept all her items and room in tact, she felt sorry for the girl. She thought these sad scenarios only happened in the movies to create dramatic effect. Now she know it can be a reality too. As she walked around the room, the room was really tidy and even the books were organized in sections. The closet was really neat, all the clothes properly folded, and organized in an unique fashion. It seemed like her sister knew exactly what to wear for different occasions. She looked at her handwriting on a to do list and as expected, her handwriting was just as neat. To say the least, she was really envious of Irene's sister had she been alive.

"Did your sister organize and tidy her own room like this, or did you clean it up after?" Taeyeon asked Irene.

"I didn't touch a thing, other than dusting and occasionally look around. She always been really clean and taught me too. You know I used to be very messy and my parents couldn't convince me to tidy my room. It was her who taught me why I should treasure my belongings, because it tells people that you are a good person."

Taeyeon wished she was like that, her room were almost always messy although she doesn't have a lot of items in the first place. 

"Really? How does it tell people that you are a good person." Taeyeon asked her.

"Hmmm, it shows that you value everything that belong to you and you care about them. Plus, thats what make people admire you, haha." Irene added an awkward laugh to suppress her emotions when she recalled her sister's words.

Taeyeon could tell her sister meant a lot to her, "I admire your sister too, my room is like a pigs den." She laughed at herself when she thought about her room compared to this one.

Her sister really liked music, as expected since they are in the business. Taeyeon approached her sister's desk and there was a photo frame, however, no photos were in it.

"Irene, where is the photo in here?" Taeyeon turned around and waved the photo frame at Irene.

Irene squinted her eyes and moved her way over. She took the frame and looked all over it and panicked.

"There is supposed to be a pic of me and my sister when we were young with our mother..." Irene rubbed her fingers on the frame, "Oh my god where could have it go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter