Chapter 33 - Singing Contest

A Quest for Joy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I guess you can't really judge a person by their looks, Irene may look pretty, but a bit strange. I wonder if it ain't for her father can she even be a trainee. She stutters so much... and I thought I had a crush on her or whatever that feeling was. Taeyeon giggled to herself when she imagined how frustrated she would get if she were to date someone like Irene. 

"Where did you go?"

"Just walked around, why? You kicked me out." 

"We are sorry about that, we are actually thinking of doing a singing contest." Amber stated.

"Yeah, and you are joining too!" Luna affirmed.

"I said no already."

"Nope, you are joining whether you like it or not, come on. Your voice can't be that bad!" Krystal's members urged Taeyeon. Jessica smirked as her plan is going accordingly.

"Yeah...no." Taeyeon turned around and tries to leave, but the members grabbed her.

"Come on Taeyeon, you convinced my father that you are interested in music, didn't you?"
 

"Interested in! Not good at. Fine, just play your contest." The girls seemed persistent that she must join.

The girls sat at one end, while each one went up in front when it's their turn to perform. Some sang acapella, some sang with a piano, and Jessica did a cover of "Let it Go" from the movie Frozen. 

Oh my gosh, her voice is beautiful...no wonder she wants to sing. Only if her dad lets her...Taeyeon rested her chin on her knees and enjoyed Jessica's song.

------

"Wasn't that the girl who brought Irene out of the club?" Joy pointed out once Irene came with their food.

"Ya she y."

"You are 14 years old, what do you know about y?" Seulgi rolled her eyes at Yeri.

"Is Irene y huh?" Yeri challenged Seulgi.

"Yea, we are not talking about her." Seulgi glanced at Irene, who was just looking at them like they are idiots.

"Is Irene so y that you want to buy a rose and ask her out?" Yeri cheerfully said, with a cheeky grin.

"One day you are going to earn a slap, Yeri." Joy warned her.

"HEY! You two were the ones who pointed out Taeyeon looked like Irene, so if Irene is y, Taeyeon unnie is y too!"

"Taeyeon UNNIE? YAH! You don't even call us unnie! Where did that politeness come from?!" Joy went and wrestled with Yeri who just laughed and screamed.

"You are so evil, you not Unnie you Ahjumma!" 

Irene set her food down and facepalmed herself at her friends having the most pointless argument of her life. But she did realize she share some similarities with Taeyeon. If she was her sister, why would she be at a nightclub anyway? If she knew her sister, she had always been protective of her and she would never go to an unpredictable place like that. And again, it has been almost 8 years...Irene wants to see Taeyeon again, just to be sure. Although her parents told her that she was dead, she never truly believed her parents. She remembered the last time she saw her, Taeyeon was up and walking and the doctor said she just needed rest. How can the conditions suddenly turn for the worst a few months after the incident?

"Be right back." Irene said to her friends and got up to leave the room. In the hallway, she placed a year against the door of each room to see if Taeyeon is in one of them.

------

"Who's song is that? I have never heard it before." Luna looked at her group.

"No idea, I have never heard it either." Victoria shook her head.

"Who cares who's song is it, it's sooo goood. The voice is so sweet and I love the melody. I think I can listen to it all night!" Amber exclaimed, "Taeyeon-unnie, do you have a recording of it?"

"The voice is depressing..." Jessica mumbled and looked irritated at Taeyeon. She still can't believe that Taeyeon was actually good at singing. Although her song d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter