Chapter 67 - Side Effects

A Quest for Joy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"No, we can't afford to have you guys catch her attention. Besides, she hasn't done anything to me."

"Alright. I will take my leave, you call us when you need anything." The mysterious man bowed and left her.

Tiffany lied back in her bed and pretended to be still knocked out from the drug.

Jessica sat at the edge of her bed unable to sleep. She paced back and forth anxiously in her room wondering where the heck Taeyeon went. At first she was angry and wanted to scream her lungs out at Taeyeon for disappearing, but now she wishes nothing more but for her to come home. The more she thought about how Tiffany had a nice day with Taeyeon and she didn't, it bothers her and more than that, it burns her heart.

"Ugh!" She let out a sigh of frustration for the hundredth time that night staring at her phone ever since their call.
 

Should I send a text? She would  just scold me again. That stupid Taeyeon! Why is she so cold to me so suddenly!? Why does it bother me so much that you are having fun with someone else. I should be happy right? If she's happy, I am happy!....Aghhhh!!! NO, how can I be happy when Tiffany was able to have fun with her while shopping!?? I never seen Taeyeon so happy and playful when shopping with me. Jessica sulked. Only if it was just a lunch together, it wouldn't be that bad...I'm going to ask her to shop with me, I don't believe we can't have fun together.

Jessica took a deep breath and finally came out of her room to get some dinner that night. She checked the kitchen and there was nothing, but Krystal's leftovers from her pigging at the mall.

 

------
 

Taeyeon got back to her hotel and went straight into the bathroom. She washed her blood stained and bruising knuckles thoroughly, then gathered a load of water in her palms to splash her face with. After refreshing herself from what happened earlier, she massaged her aching knuckles and legs from her overly aggressive actions earlier. Finally, she took a deep breath and went out of the bathroom to check on Tiffany. 

She sat beside Tiffany on the hotel bed and looked at the sleeping girl. 

"You are awake." Taeyeon said to no one.

She smiled when Tiffany stayed quiet, gently poking the girl on her cheek. 

"Silly Fany, why are you still pretending. I know you have already recovered from the drug." Taeyeon ran her fingers along the girl's hair. "You know I tied a knot in your hair before I left and now it's gone."

She moved her fingers down from Tiffany's face when she noticed no response. She pressed on her neck just beside her windpipe and smiled. "Why are you nervous hmmm? If you are awake then get up already."

 

Tiffany yielded and slowly opened her eyes. "Why do you keep touching me? Did you fall in love with me?" She sat up on the bed and smiled at her with a hint of nervousness. "You are clever, checking for pulses."

"You are not mad that I drugged you?" Taeyeon surprised at her calm voice.

"Ani. But how come you didn't do anything? I woke up all disappointed when it was just a dream..." Tiffany pouted.

"A dream? What dream?"

Tiffany only smirked then smiled, "Nothing. So where did you go?"

"Why don't you tell me who came into the hotel room? You met someone while I was gone."

Tiffany squinted her eyes at her, "No one came into the room, what do you mean?"

Taeyeon showed a piece of paper and waved it in front of her, "This fell off the door. I placed it on top of the door before I left."

"What if I went out for fresh air after I woke up?"

Taeyeon sighed. Then she showed her another piece of paper with a footprint on it. "These were clearly men's shoes, Fany."

"...what if it's just a friend's visit..." Tiffany said nonchalantly, suddenly feeling part of her body burning. Am I this nervous? 

"Fany-ah, why are you lying? You already told me you came to Seoul alone and didn't have friends here."

"Aish...How about I don't ask where you went?" Tiffany feeling strange wanted to get out of Taeyeon's chain of questions.

Taeyeon smiled, it was exactly what she wanted from Tiffany. "Then I won't ask what was your business with whoever entered the room."

"Okay. Deal. So...what did we do all night?"

Taeyeon looked at her cluelessly, "...what do you mean?"

"We need evidence that we were together, don't we?"

"Huh?" Taeyeon stared at her even more lost, realizing how red Tiffany's cheeks are. "What happened to your...cheeks..."

"...it's your drugggguu.....hhh..Tae...Tae...how do I know..." Tiffany suddenly seem to lose control of herself and launched herself at her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter