Chapter 60 - Missing Ring

A Quest for Joy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Sh*t." Taeyeon swore when she couldn't find the ring she was wearing.

"What?" Jessica turned around facing Taeyeon.

"I have to go back to the shooting place." She got up and walked out of the tent.

"Why?"

"I think I lost the ring." Taeyeon made her way back to where they shot the scene.

"YOU WHAT!?"

Taeyeon traced her way back to the shooting location and looked around anxiously. If she was to lose the ring, she know she can't afford to repay them and on top of that Jessica said it wasn't easy getting this shoot after her dating fiasco. 

Her eyes circled around the grass field and she went over the same spot a few times just to be sure, since the ring is a very small object. 

Jessica eventually came over after handing back the jewelry to her manager. 

"Okay. That's enough, stop looking for it."  Jessica looked at where she was looking, "Can you find it in a place like this?"

"Where is it...ahhhhh."

Jessica's phone rang. She felt disheartened at the sight of who it was.

"Hi, managernim..."

"About the ring, how are you planning to solve that? You know how much trouble and how many phone calls I had to make to get you this opportunity? You haven't trained for a week and you already have a scandal." Her manager scolded her. "Your dad told to be extra patient with you and warned me about this, but Jessica, please stop making things more difficult."

"What's so impressive about a ring!? Just compensate them for it. It's not like my dad can't afford it."

"The problem is NOT about compensating! This is going to impact your credibility and reputation. What if more people hear about it? Mr. Jung's daughter likes girls, and now you get an ad shoot earlier than any other trainee can, you lose the company's item?"

"Jessica Jung's team has problems. Jessica Jung's moral is bad. Jessica Jung has no credibility. Jessica is careless. Jessica is gay. Blah, blah, blah. " Jessica said carelessly.

"This is an international known brand. No one will want to work with you after this!"

"Then don't work with me. I only like music anyways. I couldn't careless about some random commercial shoots."

"It's just Taeyeon that lost hers, right?"

She turned around and looked at her girlfriend, who's looking in her phone.

"$70,000?!!!?" Taeyeon looked at the prices of similar items on the Internet. "It's just a piece of metal, what the heck!"

Jessica grimaced slightly and sighed, "That's not true. I lost it...I dropped it when I tried to put it on her finger. Then we messed around and I forgot about it." She lied, knowing that she perfectly put it on Taeyeon's finger and Taeyeon lost it when she was chasing her.

"I don't have time to talk about this with you any longer. We will talk later." Her manager hanged up on her angrily.

"Why on earth is this ring so expensive???!?" Taeyeon asked Jessica once she is off the phone.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter