Chapter 14 - Mr. Choi's Lessons

A Quest for Joy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I am going to get better...with or without you." Taeyeon muttered in a soft whisper, but she was determined.

"Sorry?" Mr. Choi thought she said something.

"Nothing."

The unlocking of the front door was heard.

 

Mr. Choi spent the rest of the evening in the closet and only talked when Taeyeon's parents weren't close. 

"What do you think you are doing?" Mrs.Im looked at her step daughter carrying her bedding to the living room.

"What does it look like? I am sleeping here." Taeyeon laid her blankets on the sofa. 

"Why? What's wrong with your room?" 

"Nothing, I find it stuffy in there and want a little bit more room. It's only for tonight, please." She hopes that her parents doesn't make a big fuss out of this, she had enough for today.

"Acting more strange everyday. You better clean up after you wake up tomorrow." her step mother stared at her a second longer and went to their room to get ready for bed.

She sighed with relief, and thanked her step mother for not arguing with her tonight.

 

------

Early next morning,

 

Taeyeon got up super early, by super early, it meant 9 o'clock, and went to the bathroom to wash up...sh*t, I forgot to take out spare clothing. Taeyeon facepalmed herself due to her clumsiness. 

She walked in front of her room's door and slowly turned the door knob, as quietly as possible she pushed the door open.

Oh right, he is sleepin the closet with all my clothes. She frowned when she remembered that Mr. Lee was sleeping in the closet.

Taeyeon stood in front of her closet and brainstormed on how she should open it. Should she just slide it open courageously and grab and run? Or she should creep in like she's stealing from her own room?

She picked somewhere in between. Taeyeon closed her eyes and slid open the closet door She grabbed a random t-shirt and a pair of pants from the top row, then opened the drawers and grabbed random pair of socks and underclothes. 

"Phew..." She brushed her hair with her fingers and calmed herself before looking at what she managed to grab...

She sunk her shoulders and saw a pink t-shirt with a huge picture of Hello Kitty in the middle of the shirt and a pair of white pants. It was her last year's birthday present from her uncle, did she really like Hello Kitty back then? Taeyeon was weirded out by her uncle's choice of gifts back then, but she was glad it got better this year.

After a quick shower, she got into her clothes and walked to her room to wake up Mr.Choi.

Wow, he actually stayed in the closet this whole time. "Wake up!" She kicked his legs to wake him up.

"Good morning." 

"Did you really sleep with your clothes on?"

"Do you expect me to sleep half in a girl's closet?"

"Don't you got t-shirts to switch into in that big bag of yours?"

"Nope, I was looking to buy them here, but someone had to hit me in the head."

"Oh right, anyways get out and come back at 10AM when my parents are awake." Taeyeon pointed out that her parents still do not know that he is here.

"Alright, I will see you later." Mr. Choi got up and quietly left the room.

------

At exactly 10:00AM, Mr. Choi knocked on the door.

Taeyeon's stepfather father answered the door with his toothbrush still in his mouth. 

"rrrrhfff..hwaii...llwwwo...shiirrr." 

"Hello, you must be Mr.Im if I'm not mistaken? My name is Mr. Choi, I believe Mr. Lee had already informed you and Mrs. Im of my arrival." Mr. Choi offered his big chubby hands for him to shake.

"Ohhh...errr....hello." Mr.Im took the toothbrush out of his mouth and shook his hands. "OH! Sorry, I didn't mean to shake you with my wet fingers. Please come in."

Mr. Choi smiled and stepped in the door.

Mr. Im went back to the bathroom to finish cleaning up and informed his wife to go to the living room for a meeting.

"Hi, Mr. Choi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter