Chapter 47 - Taengo

A Quest for Joy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Bow!" Yoona whispered eagerly for Taeyeon, fearing it may affect her when she works as an intern under his company. 

Mr. Bae chuckled, "if you don't want to bow or greet me right now, that's ok. So you are the girl that ruined the relationship I set up with Jessica?"

"All you need to know is it got nothing to do with me." She replied nonchalantly.

"Why did Jessica pull you? I know Jessica wouldn't just pull anyone into a situation like that." Mr. Bae looked more sternly at Taeyeon this time.

"Really? I didn't know that." Taeyeon pretended. 

Mr. Bae unexpectantly smiled again at Taeyeon, oddly nice and patient for someone who didn't respect him. Then his assistant came running in and whispered something into his ear.

"You know I am also aware that you beat up my step son on your first day of school."

"It was a fair and square fight. He is just too impulsive." 

"He seem to be not so happy it. He even come all the way here because he heard that I came here to hear you sing."

Taeyeon looked at Mr. Bae a bit warily, truth is she does not like seeing Taecyeon's face. Not when she was going to sing or do something she like, it will certainly ruin her mood.

"Do you want to see him?"

Taeyeon gave him a confused look, "Up to you." She tried to keep her composure.

Mr. Bae could tell she doesn't want to see him. He told his assisstant to force his step son to go home. 

While this was going on, the girls were shocked at how lenient the CEO is towards Taeyeon. Irene was the most shocked as her dad was never this nice to anyone. Nor was he very interested in someone who he did not know, but to Taeyeon he was obviously different. How could Taeyeon just talk to her dad like they were on the same level? Is Taeyeon not afraid? Irene wondered through that exchange between her dad and Tae. Yoona was shocked to say the least. While she panics and stutters, her step sister could talk so carelessly towards the CEO. Not only that, the CEO seemed to be so calm with Taeyeon. Yeri looked at Taeyeon like she was the coolest unnie she had ever met. Joy was impressed. Seulgi half heartedly admitted this Taeyeon girl was something else.

They proceeded to a recording room after to hear Taeyeon demonstrate her singing.

Mr. Bae told Taeyeon to sing 11:11 for him and also to test her hearing ability for sounds. In the end, he discovered that she shared a lot of the same natural talents with her mother. She could tell any given note without using a reference tone, and she could sing at the perfect pitch. Mr. Bae seemed to be very proud of her and was evidently very happy, it made Irene smile too. She haven't seen her father smile sincerely like that for a long time. 

After a while Mr. Bae left due to work and the rest of the girls asked Taeyeon to sing a few more songs, and of course, Irene

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter