Chapter 38 - The Party

A Quest for Joy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica went out to hang with her friends before the party. 

"Aish." Taeyeon glared at the girl walking away and just took over Jessica's leftovers. "Ungrateful wtich."

She picked up a brochure that came with the invitation card, and saw the address.

If you won't bring me, I will go there myself!

 

The party was at a big fancy hotel with a huge garden at the back. By the time she got there, there were fans already crowding around the entrance and reporters taking photos of the celebrities that were attending the party. The crowd of fans and reporters formed a circle around the entrance, with a single opening for a path that lead to the road for celebrities to safely reach the building.

Taeyeon, confused, walked to the entrance and was halted by one of the security guards.

"Mam, you need to be on the invitation list to enter. Do you have an invitation?"

"Uh, sir I left it at home. Can you just give me a pass?"

"Sorry, if you do not have an invitation card please step away." The security guard shoved her to the side

The fans were chattering, "who the heck is her?"

"She thinks she can just go in? What an idiot." 

"At least she's brave."

"More like stupid."

"F*n Jessica." Taeyeon rolled her eyes as she moved away from the crowd and saw path way to the back of the hotel.

She followed the path to the side of the building and saw a huge garden in the backyard, but she was blocked by some bushes and hedges. She looked left and right, there seemed to be no securities guarding the side of the building. 

After some struggles and slaps on her face, Taeyeon crawled through a hole in the hedge and climbed over a big boulder onto the main path. She looked for a path way to the main building. As a result she had to climb through a few more bushes and rocks.

"Taeyeon?" 

Taeyeon jerked her face to her right and saw irene standing on the main path looking curiously at her.

"Hi Irene." 

"Why are you there and not walking on the main path..."

"Uh I lost my...phone. I thought I dropped it here somewhere."

"Isn't it in your hands...?" 

"Oh! It was here all along." Taeyeon chuckled innocently.

"Are you here to join the celebration party?"

"Yeah, but..."

"No invitation? I can bring you over."  Irene gestured her to follow her.

"Ah? How did you know I don't have an invitation?"

"Look at what you are wearing." 

Taeyeon looked at her outfit and looked at Irene in a dress. "Ooh."

 She climbed back on the path and followed Irene.

"Jessica didn't invite you?"

"Invite my . I even cook for her..." Taeyeon muttered.

"It's ok, you got me!" Irene smiled as they approached another gate blocked by security.

"Your invitation card, please." The security reached out his hand.

Irene handed it to him.

"I see, you are Miss. Bae. And this lady is?"

"Oh she's a friend, she's with me."

"Ok. Please enter."

"Taeyeon, come on lets meet the others!" Irene dragged Taeyeon to find the rest of her group. They entered a large community building behind the hotel and inside there was a huge ball room, red carpeted floor and everything was fancy looking. It was an eye opener for Taeyeon who lived in small house the whole time. She looked around for Jessica or her parents, but could not find them.

"Taeyeon unnie!" Yeri yelled her name when she saw her.

"Hi." Taeyeon greeted them.

"Did you really dress that casually to a party? Do you even know the CEO is in this party too??" Joy commented on her casual outfit.

Everyone wore dresses or at least formal clothing. Taeyeon wore her usual jacket and jeans. She look like a fan who by some miracle got inside, earning some suspicious looks from passerby's eyes.

"CEO? I didn't know that..." Taeyeon scratched her head innocently.

"That's okay, it's not she's going to meet him anyway." Irene points out.

For the rest of the hour, the group chattered about their stories. Taeyeon stood by and listened.

A while later, someone spoke on the microphone on a platform at one end of the big room. It was BoA and her manager standing on the stage.

"Sorry for interrupting. I would like to thank you for making it to the party. It was a pleasure to work with all of you for the past year on BoAs albums and also for our sponsors who support her..."

After the annoucement, Taeyeon excused herself from the group and moved towards the stage. She saw Boa and her manager go through a door to the left of the stage. 
 

[VIP Room]
 

"Whatever." Taeyeon opened the door and entered.

Inside there was two bars and many people chatting while holding drinks. She could recognize Boa right away from the crowd, she was wearing the only dress with glitters in the room, so it wasn't difficul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter