Chapter 57 - Dilemma

A Quest for Joy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taec still insisted Taeyeon to help him cheat in business as it was not his strong suit like computer science was, where he always ranked in the top 3 in the university's annual contests. 

It was the last person she wished to come to her mind, so she rolled her eyes and sighed with her lips formed into a frown. She wondered how Irene is doing, what did she think of mother?

Later that morning, an anxious Taeyeon called Joowon for some clarification disregarding the fact that she read his letters without permission. Joowon cleared most of the things regarding her mother for her. Apparently, Lee, Jung, Bae, and Kim all fell in love with her mother, for she was both quick witted, smart and kind. She was like the heroine of a drama or movie. She was someone that everyone envied during high school, yet nobody could get jealous because they all knew she worked hard for it. She had a vibe that brightened everyone's mood when they saw her. Not that he went to high school with her, but he got that feeling around her. He remembered that Bae used to call her Buddah. A younger Bae would pray to her when he was stressed or faced tough decisions. 

Her mother fell in love with Mr. Kim and had her, but her father passed away only a year after she was born. Because he was gone, her mother lost a big foothold in the company and after a lawsuit against her, she was left almost penniless. She desperatly wanted a second chance, so she accepted to be Bae's wife and also for Taeyeon to have a better future. A year later, her mother had Irene with Mr. Bae. At first she wasn't sure, but it was one of the happiest decisions her mother had made after Mr. Kim's death. At least Taeyeon won't be so lonely without having a father. Once Taeyeon was old enough to understand what happened to her real father she blamed everything on her mother for not listening to her father and chased her stupid unrealistic dreams. No matter how much she tried explaining to the child, the child didn't want to hear her excuses. Since then the mother and daughter grew further apart. 

However, her losing everything wasn't enough for her haters, eventually they had to take her life too. Mr. Lee arrived a bit too late, but was able to meet up with Joo and Joon during their escape with the two sisters. Due to his connections and spies around the city, Mr. Lee killed all of the men that were involved with her mother's murder. But he still believes that the person behind it was still out there. 

At the end of the call, Joowon thanked Taeyeon for getting him the document and told her that he owed her. He was willing to do anything to repay her.

------

"YAAAHHH!! IRENE YOU CAN'T JUST SAY YOU QUIT!??? WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU QUIT??? YOU REALLY LOVE TAEYEON THAT MUCH HUH? ONE FIGHT AND YOU ARE DONE??" Seulgi shouted through the door. "WHAT THE F*K HAPPENED THAT NIGHT???"

Joy took a deep breath beside her and sunk to the floor in defeat. They have been trying to get her out of her room for an entire morning. Irene haven't come out for a few days since she saw Taeyeon doing delivery and ignored her like she didn't exist. She realized that it was more important that her sister was there, and not drown her in tears just because of a photo. After seeing Taeyeon just leave her like that was something she never imagined when seeing her sister again. Taeyeon promised her that she will always be there protecting her, didn't she? Why when the first obstacle came, Taeyeon left her just like that?

"Do you think it's a good idea to let Yeri go in first?" Seulgi asked Joy worriedly, "you know how bad she is with that big mouth of hers."

"That's exactly why, maybe her randomness can cheer Irene up." Joy answered. But a shout startled both of them lurking behind the door outside of Irene's room.

"LET ME OUT!"

Inside the room, Yeri stared at the girl on the bed with wide open eyes and froze at her spot leaning her back against the closed door, too scared to approach the angry girl. Instead, she turned around and banged on the door.

"Guys??? Why do I have to do this? Joy! I thought you are the one who had a clever mouth!?? Let me out!" Yeri pleaded.

"No! We tried. It's your turn! Just talk! She is not going to kill you!" Joy replied. Seulgi gave her another doubtful look.

Yeri stuck her tongue out, scrunched up her face and threw an attitude at the door directing it at the two girls behind it. She turned around and looked at Irene, who sat motionlessly on the bed. She gulped and slowly walked towards Irene.

When she reached the bed side, she stretched out her a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter