Chapter 39 - Girlfriend

A Quest for Joy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Nothing, wow you even got people taking out the garbage for you. Lucky."

"I guess that is really lucky."

As they were chatting away, suddenly Jessica came stomping towards them with her eyes on Taeyeon.

"Hey, I think your landlord is coming and she does not look happy..." Irene nudged Taeyeon who was picking out more desserts.

Not far behind Jessica, was a small group of reporters following the young lady like she was an idol. 

Jessica grabbed Taeyeon's hand forcefully, it was the grip that tells you that you  are going with them whether you like it or not.

"Didn't I say just preten...YAAHHHHH!!" 

Jessica gave Taeyeon a stern stare for her to shut up and dragged her out of the room. Irene curiously followed.

Outside the giant room, there was a big commotion going on. Taeyeon hadn't noticed it because she was stuffing her face and she was too immersed in her conversation with Irene. All the reporters were gathered around two older gentlemen with another younger man, who appears to be Mr. Jung, Mr. Bae, and Taecyeon. 

Taeyeon looked at all the people, suddenly feeling overwhelmingly anxious, she reminds herself to take a deep breath. However, she was too shocked to do anything else, but follow Jessica.

Jessica pulled Taeyeon to the center of the circle surrounded by reporters and most of the night's guests. Despite the fact that the girl irritate the crap out of her with her attitude during high school, she was the only one didn't comment on or told her what to do. She was the only one who dared to joke with her. Most importantly, Taeyeon even dared to speak to her father about her passion for singing. She doesn't really know what else she could do, her actions right now were fully driven by impulse. 

A thousand voices appeared in her head that evening...

Why do you want to sing or dance? All you do is dance like a monkey in a circus to entertain people!

Why can't you be like Taeyeon and study for once? Spend more time on your studies and stop thinking about singing.

She then looked at Taecyeon, who was looking at her with a stunned face...

Auntie, I study in business and computer science, and have my own projects...

He is very smart and handsome too. Aren't you two perfect?

You are going to marry him, maybe once you fall in love, he can show you the right direction.

Then she remembered what she heard faintly from Taeyeon's conversation with her father that evening, 

Obviously, she is not a 'good for nothing', she has natural talents in vocals and listening skills...the reason why she want to sing is NOT because she want to be a good-for-nothing of a daughter...

 

She glared at her father with a distasteful look in her eyes and turned to face the reporters.

"If you are so interested in someone else's love life. I would like to make an announcement. This girl, Im Taeyeon, is my girlfriend. I'm sorry it's not the talented business professional..."

Mr. Jung took a few steps forward and pulled the reporters' attention towards him, "My daughter had a few too many drinks. Please do not take this seriously, she..."

Before he could continue, the cameras turned back to Jessica and Mr. Jung looked in the direction, only to be shocked by the sight.

Jessica had both of her hands holding the back of Taeyeon's head, and their lips locked together. Taeyeon wasn't fully aware of what is happening, but she felt Jessica curling her fingers around her jawline. Taeyeon, oddly enough, looked like she's kissing back

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter