Chapter 72 - Jessica Listen to Me [part 2]

A Quest for Joy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Unknownly to Taeyeon, Jessica manage to let out a tiny chuckle at her last remark.

 

Taeyeon went to her room and grabbed a clean towel, then headed towards the bathroom to dampen it with lukewarm water. 

When she approached the door to Jessica's room again, she placed the towel on the door knob and went to the kitchen to prepare some fruits. She came back to the door again and realized that the towel would need to be refreshed every now and then, so she went back and got a large container of water.  Then she figured Jessica would be bored, so she went and grabbed her laptop. 

 

She took a deep breath and turned the door knob again. After placing the laptop and fruit on the nightstand, she sat at the edge of the bed. Before Jessica had the chance to protest she pushed a slice of apple in between Jessica's lips, Taeyeon smiled at the sight. 

 

"Didn't...I tell..." Jessica said after she finished chewing the slice of apple in . 

"Shut up." Taeyeon told her and gently dabbed the damp towel over Jessica's forehead. 

"Tae..." Jessica furrowed her eye brows and tried to wipe her eyes 

"Did I get water in your eyes?" Taeyeon stopped wiping and noticed tears running down Jessica's cheeks. 

 

Jessica shook her head back and forth. After eating that slice of apple, her mind started thinking a bit more clearly and could see a concerned and caring look inside Taeyeon's expression, unlike annoying and irritating look she had on earlier. And with the last two funny remarks, her anger and frustrations could no longer keep up.

"Aish. Were you crying? I will leave soon." Taeyeon said sounding disappointed. Her caring gesture seemed a bit too late.

Jessica looked at Taeyeon and was glad for her gesture, although she wondered what made Taeyeon change and made her come back. 

"...wait...it's okay...I'm just tired..." 

Taeyeon folded the dampened towel into a rectangle and laid it ontop of Jessica's burning forehead. She felt silently relieved that Jessica seemed to be not as mad at her as before. 

"Have you ate medicine?" 

Jessica shook her head. And before she could protest against the idea of eating medicine, Taeyeon got up again to go look for medicine in her room.

"Jessica."

Jessica looked up to see Taeyeon holding a box of medicine in her hands and grumbled.

"Yah, don't you want to recover. Sit up and eat your med."

Instead of sitting up, Jessica just propped open .

Taeyeon rolled her eyes and tugged at her pillow, "Sit up or you are going to choke, idiot."

"No..." Jessica whined and continues to grumble.

"Aish. Do you not want to recover?" Taeyeon took the initiative to lift Jessica up from her bed with one arm and plopped her up against the headboard. She fluffed her pillow again and placed it snuggly beneath her back. Jessica had no energy left, so she let Taeyeon take control of her body. 

Taeyeon grabbed two tablets as instructed in the description and poured a glass of water. "Sicah. Here, it only takes a second."

She gave the sick girl the two tablets and waited for her to place it inside , then she gave her the glass of water.

After gulping down the water along with the medicine, Jessica sighed.

"Wae? What's wrong?"

"It's so cold." Jessica frowned.

Taeyeon got up and checked the thermostat. [24°C] "Temperature is fine, why is it so cold in here???"

"I think my room is cursed, it's a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter