Chapter 41 - Night Visitor

A Quest for Joy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon shoved the picture in her pocket and placed the box and the newspaper back in its place.

 

In fact, Mr. Jung had been doing a little research after last night's incident. Normally, Mr. Bae would have ordered a random girl like that at the party to be dragged out, yet he was the one who ran out because he was afraid of something. Mr. Jung wondered who the girl really was, both Mr. Lee and now, Mr. Bae both have shown distinguishable reactions towards the girl.

It was the evening, Taeyeon grabbed her phone and texted Irene.

[Tae: Are you home tonight?]

[Ire: where else do I skeep?]

Taeyeon kept quiet after that. whats with the attitude?

She took the piece of paper with Irene's address on it and called a taxi.

------

Taeyeon got off a few blocks away from Irene's place. As she got close she realized how big the place is and gasped at the sight. How am I supposed to get inside that? 

The place was huge, but luckily it wasn't Hogwarts huge, she circled the big walls Irene mentioned that surrounded the mansion. The house was a few miles away from the main city so there was a lot of vegetation around the place. The lowest part of the wall is where the garbage is...

Taeyeon walked through trees and bushes with just her cellphone as a flashlight. Is this a good idea? Do you think you are in a movie? I think I'm crazy. Yeah you definitely crazy. 

As she walked along the wall, eventualy, she saw the wall suddenly dipped lower. It was only a meter taller than her, luckily she found a thick enough tree branch near by. She dragged the branch over and climbed up. With just her head and arm supporting her, she looked at the view. The house was at least twice...no three times larger than Mr. Jung's and his house was already the biggest she had seen. This was basically someone having an entire school as their home. Then she realized what was below her...a big dumpster bin. She could smell the stench of rotting food and who knows what else is in there. Do I have to? I mean I got this far...

Taeyeon checked her surroundings and slowly lowered herself inside the bin full of garbage bags and quickly grabbed on the nearest ledge. She pulled herself out of the garbage bin and found a place to hide near the recycling area just beside it.

I have to get out from the same way too...I thought my impulsiveness would get me to places...ugh. Now how do I find her room again? Right, the largest window.

Lucky enough for her, outside the room with the largest window was a balcony, which she could just scurry up the wall and pulled herself over the fence ontop.

She slowly approached the window and looked through. The room was dimly lit, but other than that it seemed empty. 

[Tae: Irene, what are you up to?]

[Ire: Just finishing supper. Don't bother me.]

[Tae: What are you doing after?]

No response.

Taeyeon got up and slowly removed the screen from the window and slid the window open. 

The room was huge, and she sat behind her bed to wait for the girl.

------

Half an hour later the door of the bedroom clicked open. Irene hummed a song while grabbing her laptop and laid ontop of her bed.

Taeyeon felt the bed sink so she peeked over the ledge and tugged at the bed sheet in an attempt to get Irene's attention.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHhh!!" Irene shrieked then realized who the person was. "Taeyeon?"

Taeyeon had her index finger in front of to shush the girl. "Yeah, surprise." 

"Irene!?" 

Footsteps approached the room. Taeyeon climbed under Irene's bed cover, but there was still a visible outline of her body. So Irene took a pillow to cover her feet and sat on top of Taeyeon. "OOF...OWW!" Was heard beneath the covers. Irene hit her to shush her.

"Irene. What's wrong? Why did you scream?" Her step mother appeared at her bedroom door looking worried.

"Nothing. None of your business anyways." Irene snorted.

"Irene-ah if something is bothering you you can tell me." Her step mom pleaded.

"I was watching a horror movie and I got spooked."

"Why are you watching those movies if it scares you so much? If you must watch it, let me ask Taec to watch with you." 

Her step mother was about to call her son, but Irene declined it.

"It's okay, I won't watch it anymore. I want to be alone."

"Why are you sitting so high?" Mrs. Bae looked at her bed curiously. 

"...I uh...wanted softer bed so I put a few pillows...under my blanket..." Irene shif

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter