Chapter 2 - An Altered Path

A Quest for Joy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Take them to my car, they need to see a doctor." the man said as he approached them.

"We can't go back; they will be expecting us." Joowon answered.

"It's ok, I know a doctor." he gave the defensive bodyguard a solemn reply.

Although Joowon was not convinced about the offer, but there were no other options for them. "Joonwoo lets go." Joowon gestured the man in pink dress shirt towards the BMW.

While in the car, the middle-aged man looked back at the four, "Where are you planning on taking them?"

"Somewhere safe." Joowon picked his words carefully and looked back at him.

"And where would that be?" he questioned Joowon with a serious look. "You two had never gone outside of Seoul. And what are you guys planning to do? All you guys know is how to wield guns".

"Then where are you suggesting?"

"Now I am back, of course the safest spot is in Seoul." The man said turning his head back to the front.

------

 

The convoy of cars arrived at an average sized family home, Joowon carried Taeyeon out of the car. Joonwoo and Irene followed closely behind.

"This is where you live?" Joonwoo looked around at the small row of houses, confused and sneered in disbelief.

The middle-aged man chuckled, entertained, "ha-ha, this is where the doctor live. The doctor."

He stepped onto the porch and rang the doorbell.

The door opened revealing another middle-aged man.

Sigh. The doctor took a deep breath, and his mood immediately turned upside down when he saw the men in front of his house.

"Long time no see." Boss man smiled at him.

"you...you said I wouldn't get involved with anymore of your businesses."

The man put a hand on top of the doctor's shoulder, and reassured him calmly, "don't fright, I only need you to take a look at these two girls. Please hurry."

He turned back his head and looked at Joowon and Joonwoo carrying the two girls.

"Sorry for the trouble, please save them." Joowon bowed his head.

"Take them to my office just on your left." the doctor moved aside to let them in.

-----

"This doctor is really something, have a hospital just beside his living room" Joowon whispered to Joonwoo, while the doctor is taking a look at the girls.

The room was decent in size, it has a double bed in the middle with medical equipment and drawers on each side. It used to be an office but renovated into a room used for medical treatments. It even got that hospital smell.

A few minutes later, the doctor stepped back from Taeyeon and gave his diagnostic a little thought before reporting the results.

The two bodyguards ran towards the doctor, looking expectantly at him, "What's wrong with her? Why hasn't..."

"Unnie, you are awake!!" Irene exclaimed while hugging her sister ontop her blanket.

"..wh...ere am I?" Taeyeon rubbed her eyes with her fingers.

The doctor quickly returned his attention to her and examined her once again. He checked her eyelids and eye sensitivity and rechecked her now bandaged head and body for any additional injuries. After a few presses on her body to make sure there is no pain or discomfort, he looked at the girl.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter