Chapter 42 - Filler

A Quest for Joy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Just wondered what it felt like. Last night got me curious." 

"What did it feel like?"

"Tell you some other time." Irene winked. "Now let's watch a movie."

The two spent the rest of the evening watching movies.

"Before you go, I almost forgot, they finished it." Irene handed her a USB drive.

"What is it?"

"Recording for your song, idiot." 

"Oh, wow. It's done already?" 

"Yeah, I loved it."

"heheh. Anyway, I better get going now, it's so dark outside." Taeyeon walked towards the window.

"Don't come again like this, okay? It's too dangerous." 

"But if I walk in from the front door, your father definitely isn't going to let me in..."

"I'm sure he will come around. Maybe if I let him listen to your song, it will soften his heart." Irene smiled at her.

"Okay, text me if there's any news. Got to go now, bye!" Taeyeon got out from the window and helped put everything back.

Irene watched from the window as Taeyeon climbed down and disappeared into the darkness.

Taeyeon looked at the dumpster bin. F* my life. Here goes Irene's clothing too...

She jumped on the wall and propelled herself high enough to grab the ledge of the dumpster. Hesitantly, she mantled over into the stinky garbage bin and climbed over the wall. Just when she was about to lower herself to drop off the wall, someone yelled in her direction.

"HEY!!"

The aggressive voice startled her, causing her to drop down in panic. Unfortunately she forgot about the branch she placed down earlier, her ankle rolled off the wood as she fell on her side.

AHHH!! F*K! She winced in pain and held on her left ankle. She took a couple of deep breaths to regain composure. I can't stay here, surely they are going to investigate.

She dragged herself up and made her way towards where the taxi dropped her off earlier. However, due to the fact that she got noticed, she has to move a bit further away before continuing down her original direction.

"STOP RIGHT THERE!!" A dark figure shouted at her holding a flashlight and started running over.

I am so dead. Taeyeon thought.

As the person got close, she lost hope and just stood there waited for the man to approach.

Unexpectantly, the man tackled her onto the ground and tried to grab her hands, presummably to hand cuff her.

"AHH! GET OFF OF ME!! IT'S NOT WHAT YOU THINK!" Taeyeon struggled and screamed in pain when she moved her sprained ankle.

"You sure make things interesting. Do you even know who this house belongs to? How did you find here anyway? Can't wait to interrogate you." The man said while trying to type her arms up.

The next thing that happened startled her, the weight on her back was suddenly lifted. She turned her head to see the man on his back holding his the side of his chest, indicating where he was struck. Later she was was turned around by a tug on her tied arms and her rescuer quickly untied the ropes. 

She squinted her eyes at the figure in front of her, "Joowon?"

"HEY! WHo ARE YOU?" The man yelled at them.

The rescuer went over to the man and both suddenly froze where they were. 

"Joonwoo, is that you?"

"Joowon? Where? how?" The man was shocked at who it was.

Joowon offered a hand to Joonwoo and lifted the guy up. "I was just doing my job." 

Joon took a closer look at the girl he tied up. "It's you." He studied her a bit longer.

Taeyeon glared at the man sternly. "B*ch". She whispered.

"Why do you look so familiar...? And why is Joo protecting you..."

At the moment he heard that, Joowon pulled Joonwon to the side a few feet away from Taeyeon, out of ears range.

"I know what you might be thinking..."

"Who is she??" Joon asked eagerly.

"It's exactly who you think she is." Joo gave him a look to confirm that what he was thinking is true.

"Isn't she dead!???"

"SHHHHHH!!!" Joonwoo blocked his friend's mouth.

------

Taeyeon sat on the ground and wondered a few questions of her own.

They knew each other? That man must be Joowon's old colleague, they both work for GG afterall. How a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter