Chapter 75 - Confession

A Quest for Joy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Tch, what unnie?" Irene said quietly to herself and glanced at Taeyeon, who was now in the kitchen, and looked back at Yeri. "I am your unnie! Now listen to me and let's go, or we are leaving you here." 

Yeri mouthed an 'O' and sadly followed behind her two group members before giving Taeyeon a confused look. In which, Taeyeon just responded with a slight smile.

After the group had left, Taeyeon took a glass full of water upstairs to check on Jessica. She wanted to spend this week with her, before she has to take care of Taec next week as instructed by Mr. Lee and Mr. Bae.

 

"What's wrong Irene? Aren't you happy to meet your sister again?" Joy asked as they got out of the house.

"What sister? She is not my sister. It's like she doesn't even care!" Irene grumpily got back inside her car. After all the years of hoping that her sister was alive, she was greeted by a cold and stubborn sister. It was not the well-behaved and caring Taeyeon she expected her to be.

Yeri frowned at her statement, because she liked Taeyeon a lot. She felt Irene had set her expectations too high when meeting her sister again. She was sure that if Irene gave her time, Taeyeon can still be the best sister anyone could ask for. 

"Aish. Unnie, you just met her, you can't just come to conclusions like that. I am sure if you get to know her and understand what she went through for all those years, you won't be so upset. If you met me like how I am right now, you probably would never be my friend. Probably kick my . Take time to know each other."

Irene took an odd glance at Yeri, while Joy looked at her astonished.

"What did you just say Yeri?" Joy said.

Yeri pointed her finger at her nose, "Me? Did I say something wrong again?"

"Aniya. Yeri! I didn't know you had the thoughtfulness and wisdom in you. You actually realized how much of a pain in the you can be, eh." Joy . "I am impressed."

"Impressed!? You are the pain in the ! Watch me hit you!" Yeri pounced over Joy at the rear seat, swinging her arms at the bigger girl.

Irene chuckled at the sight. Yeri is right, I just met her again. I should give her time.

"AAAAAH!!! YERI MY HAIR!!!!"  Joy screamed covering her head. " I am sorry! I am sorry! We would have been your friend no matter what!"

------

 

A few hours have past since Irene and her group left. Jessica woke up from her slumber and looked around halfheartedly, she frowned when she noticed that Taeyeon was no longer beside her. Nonetheless, she felt happy when she noticed the extra glass of water placed on her nightstand. She quickly took the glass and took a sip. After closing her eyes to get out of her sleepy state, she groggily got up from her bed and headed towards the bathroom to freshen up.

The house was quiet and dimly lit, the only light source was the kitchen lights from downstairs reflecting through the staircase. After washing her face, she walked towards the stairs and slowly made her way down, with each step down she could slowly start to hear footsteps coming from the kitchen. At the bottom of the stairs, she could smell pork chops, garlic, and a variety of other spices. Although she had no appetite, she had to admit the food smelled good.

-clink, clank, bang, clunk-

The sound of pots and pans hitting each other was heard. Not long after it was followed by a series of simultatenous clanks, suggesting something disastrous had happened. Jessica furrowed her eye brows and made her way quickly towards the kitchen, her eyes widened at the sight before her.

Taeyeon kneeled awkwardly with one knee on the ground with her uperbody bent over trying to hold the overflowing cooking ware in her hands. Her left hand was gripping onto a cooking pan, while her right hand was trying very hard to hold onto a bundle of silverware and plates so it would not fall and shatter. 

"Tae...what are you doing?" Jessica said in a raspy voice. feeling sore, despite all the glasses of water she drank.

Taeyeon turned around carefully, adjusting her grip. "Feeling better?" 

Jessica nodded and cleared . "Tae...what are you doing?"

"I...wanted to coooooooooo...k....yaaah!!!" Taeyeon fell forward, causing the pan and everything in her hands to fall on the ground. Fortunately, she was low enough that the plates did not shatter. She slumped her shoulders and started to collect the fallen items off the floor.

Jessica started walking over to help her, but halted in her steps when Taeyeon abruptly got up from her spot. She went over to a cupboard to grab something then walked towards Jessica and took her arms. 

After leading Jessica to a sofa in the living room to lie down, she returned to clean up her mess. 

"Taengu-ah, I'm sorry." Jessica took the candy Taeyeon grabbed from the cupboard and tossed it in . finally feeling a bit better.

"Hmmm? Why are you apologizing?" Taeyeon looked at her. She had already forgotten about her argument with Jessica, but the last thing she remembered was that she was in the wrong.

"For arguing..I...I shouldn't of accused you of cheating. I was the one who said that we were just dating for the status and not because of feelings. I shouldn't have been so inconsiderate..."

"Ahhh? Are you saying that you don't love me???" Taeyeon stopped what she was doing and looked at the sofa Jessica was lying on. 

Jessica sat up and looked at her over the sofa skeptically. "You are such an idiot! I am saying I love you! That's why I am apologizing!"

"Oh..."

Couldn't just lie there any longer, Jessica got up and decided to look at what Taeyeon is busy cooking. As she approached her, she looked at the counters, stove top and the sink. 

1...2...3...4...

"How many pots and pans did you use? Did you use a different pot for every dish?"

"...Yes, if I use the same pan it's going to mess with the flavor of the new dish I am cooking."

"You know you could have just washed it."

"I will wash it after, I wanted to finish cooking before you come down..." Taeyeon pouted. She didn't want to waste time washing the pans. Her goal was to finish her dishes before Jessica was awake.

Seeing what Taeyeon had already done for her, she suddenly felt guilty again. Jessica walked up behind her and gave her a hug. 

"I am sorry. But I am not apologizing for calling you an idiot." Jessica said as she rested her chin on Taeyeon's shoulder.

Taeyeon's body jerked a little, feeling comforted by the touch. "How was I supposed to know you liked me? You never told me."

"What the f... Do I have to spell it out for you? Have I not been hanging with you all these past few weeks? I even rejected Yuri and my other friends to hang with you."

"Yeah. Oh, does that mean you love me?"

Jessica sighed with an unimpressed look on her face, her chin still resting on Taeyeon's shoulders. "You are so clueless. I might as well be talking to a rock."

"You never told me that you love me officially yet, at least I told you that I love you."

"Do you always have to talk back against me?"

"Not my fault. You are the one who always acted cold towards me since the first day we met."

Jessica frowned and raised her head from her shoulder. She started poking Taeyeon on the back of her head repeatedly with her index finger.

"You. Are. Acting. A. Lot. More. Colder. Than. Me. Right. Now. Ice. Cube." She said with each poke, causing Taeyeon's head to tilt forward.

"YAH!!! YAHH!! STOP!!!...Oh no...my eggs!!!"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter