Chapter 35 - Acceptance

A Quest for Joy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Mom, were you eavesdropping?"

"You can have a seat." Mr. Jung told Jessica.

"Me?" Jessica looked at her father. "oh. Ow my legs sore. It's okay." 

Mrs. Jung held onto Jessica's arm to help her daughter.

"Aren't you going to ask me why I made you stand for so long?"

"I probably done something that made you upset." Jessica paused at the stairs. Mrs. Jung bit her tongue thinking Mr. Jung might still be angry at them.

"I might of overreacted. What do you want?" Mr. Jung asked.

"Huh, what?" Jessica looked back at her father. Her mother at the same time was also shocked at her husband's sudden change of heart.

"I will grant you one wish."

"Really? I can suggest anything?"

"Speak."

"Father, I really want to sing KTV with you." Jessica said each word nice and clear.

Mrs. Jung hid her face inside her palm.

"Sing karaoke?" Mr. Jung chuckled at the suggestion. 

"If I am better, you have to give me money." 

"Hahaha! Ok. Set the game up and wait for me in the living room after dinner." 

We are so dead. Mrs. Jung thought.

------

That evening the family sang Karaoke together. Mr. Jung insisted Taeyeon to join them, but Taeyeon persisted that it was a family night for them, for Jessica finally being able to express herself.

"I thought it sounded pretty good." 

"Nope, you were off at the start. You were too pitchy, it's throwing me off when we sing. You drag the notes for way too long. Above all, your too slow, you sound like you are singing an opera."

Mrs. Jung looked concernly at Jessica happily critcising her father's singing. She can't believe her husband is happily taking Jessica's criticsms. 

"So that was three rounds. Dad you owe me $450 plus the interest you said you will give me that comes to $508.50 after the 13% bonus you promised me." Jessica calculated in her head, earning a kick on her shin from her mother.

"We are a family, why calculate this accurate? 450 is good enough." her mother scolded her.

"It's because we are family we have to be accurate. It's being honest, right?" Jessica smiled. "Let's play until one runs out of money."

"Then let's keep on playing."

Jessica smiled happily.

"Wow we are actually like a family for once." Krystal points out.

"Exactly, family should financially support each other." Jessica chuckled.

Krystal rolled her eyes and took her microphone.

After another hour of singing, it is late night.

"It's getting late, I will be heading to bed." Mr. Jung left the other three in the living room.

"Whew,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter