Chapter 28 - Jung

A Quest for Joy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After her shower Taeyeon went to the recreational room for some exploring. She went through the bar, it had a wine cooler, a counter, and a fridge filled with a variety of different alcoholic drinks. There was also a pool table, followed by a set of sofa and large TV, and at the very end were shelves of movies, books and such. She looked through the contents of the room filled with envy, only if she had all these when she grew up. It would have probably distracted her from her troubles. But her peaceful moment was short lived when Krystal ran out of her room with her loud footsteps.

"TAEYEON! THERE YOU ARE!" Krystal stomped quickly towards her.

"Yea?" Taeyeon looked at Jessica's little sister curiously.

"I just figured it out. Why would I order my housewife to beat myself? Are you crazy? Why would she do that? Are you asking me to hit myself?" Krystal glared at the bigger girl.

"I don't know that, you go ask yourself." Taeyeon said with a grimace. Aish. Your look exact same as your sister's. 

"Anyways, here is the schedule."

"huh...what schedule?" 

"Here." Krystal handed Taeyeon a piece of paper.

On the sheet it listed when Jessica would be using the studio and recreation rooms, when she will be in the kitchen and living rooms and also when she will shower and etc.

"So at those times, don't come out of your room or be at the said locations, other times you can do whatever."

"Are you kidding me? Why would I do that? I am not in a prison." Taeyeon stared at the younger girl in disbelief.

Krystal sneered and ran away downstairs, probably to get more food.

"HEY! What the heck!?" Taeyeon shouted.

------

It was late evening when Mr. and Mrs. Jung came back home.

"Hi mom and dad." Jessica greeted her parents.

"When did you wake up today?" Her dad asked her straight up.

"Uh...10AM?" Jessica grinned.

"Who told you how to lie? Taeyeon got here at noon and you were still in your room!" Mr. Jung scolded.

"Aish, fine. 1:30......."

"Didn't I tell you to study ahead before your university starts? How are you going to work in the company if you don't learn anything?"

"Can I finish like a year...or two...of college first before I work?" Jessica pleaded in a softer voice.

"You know Taeyeon already knows how to program and write webpages? She practically already helped her high school develop their first website! Can you at least put some effort?"

"Here you go again, why are you so serious? She's just some adopted child, why are you comparing me to her!?" Jessica rolled her eyes.

"You really should learn from her. Do you know how lucky I was to get this job? My goal now is for you to have a good future too, but you don't ask or care about any of it. All you do is dance and sing like an animal! Fortunately, Taeyeon was willing to come and help me. If you can spare some of your time and think about your future, I wouldn't be so worried about you."

"Yes. If I was intelligent as Taeyeon,  you will be happier too."  Jessica forced a smile.

"You better finish the files I gave you, or you won't get any more allowance from me. You can go find

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter