Chapter 23 - Assassin

A Quest for Joy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"All alone now?" Yuri looked down at her, "Tiffany probably already told you this, but Jessica told me to tell you Tiffany and her are going to America for school and won't be back until they finish their Universities. Message delivered." 

Taeyeon look back down from Yuri and her face was empty.

"Oh? She didn't you? I thought you two were best friends..." Yuri stood there for a few more seconds for a response, but got none, so she returned to her table.

 

Since that day when she discovered that she was truly alone, she used all the time she had to study with Mr. Choi and Joowon. "The young lady will be a grown lady," Mr. Choi said, "And she will face more problems than any of us will. The earlier she is prepared the better chance she has of success." It was at the end of her second year of highschool when Mr. Choi finished his lessons and left her. Before he left, he gave her an odd looking necklace and told her to wear it at all times. Other than her studies she video called Yoona every night and occasionally on weekends. They talked to the point of multiple complaints from her step mom, she even threatened to throw the laptop out. However, as clever as Taeyeon was, she threatened that she will tell uncle, which seems to shut Mrs. Im right up. At school, nobody bothered her anymore, not even Yuri aside from a few glances and stares here and there. The only interactions she got were fellow students asking her for help in their homework or for a test. By grade 12, more people noticed her due to her pretty apperance, every girl wished they had someone as cool and pretty as her as a friend. Boys would wish they had someone that cool as their first date. But none dared to approach her because her appearance was that intimidating. Those who had the courage to talk to her were either left embarassed or if they are lucky, left disappointed, as Taeyeon couldn't be bothered with making any more friends. 

Time went by and eventually, it was the day of her graduation.

At the end of her graduation ceremony, she walked outside greeted by the sunny and chilly weather. It was a very pleasant day. She looked at the group of people outside, filled with chatter from parents congratulating their children. Many of them were taking pictures, laughing and the voice of excitment filled the air. As she walked through the crowd, a few of her classmates, who were very much excited, forgot about her cold exterior and congratulated her.

"CONGRATULATIONS TAEYEON!!"

"Congratulations, hope to see you again!"

She smiled at them at least or gave a tiny nod, but deep inside how she wished she had friends that would congratulate her sincerely. As her feelings became too overbearing, she pushed quickly past the crowd and exited the school yard. She felt content enough  just by looking at other families congratulating their child on this celebratory day. 

Despite that everyone was still hanging around the school, she left early and decided to find a movie to watch by herself. 

By the end of the movie she was tired and it was already dark as she took the bus home. At her stop she walked out of the bus and headed towards her house. However, a few moments later she was greeted by a familar feeling. It was the same feeling that she felt when Tiffany first came to her house with her, someone was following her. She glanced back

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter