Chapter 43 - First Day of College

A Quest for Joy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Ok, have fun rubbing yourself with water.  Stinky duck." Jessica turned around and left the  bathroom.

"What water? Could at least adjust the water for me before leaving." Taeyeon scoffed and pulled herself out of the bathtub to adjust the water to fill the tub. 

"Are you sure it's her?" 

"I have no doubt about her looks and Joowon would not randomly take on another task of guarding someone else, he and Taeyeon are very close. It has to be the girl that was sent to Jeonju all those years ago." 

"Oh? Interesting. What else did you hear from him?"

"Nothing so far. Just that she is living with Mr. Jung."

"I see. So it's not that big of a surprise that they are dating and what was Taeyeon doing here?"

"I am not sure about the specifics. Presumably to visit Irene."

"Really? Things really happen fast, sisters already reunited. Let's see how she behaves. You can leave now, thank you."

Joonwoo bowed and left the room, leaving Mrs. Bae alone in the room.

------

Morning of first day of college.

"I heard from Krystal you sang pretty well at their practice? That's good, at least you have something in common with Jessica."

"Thanks? So are you going to let her sing?"

"We won't go into that now. Jessica had been a very good girl when she was little, as soon as she discovered dancing all her grade and focus went to waste. She has potential, I won't let that go to waste into some circus."

"But Mr. Jung!"

"Enough! You already messed up one of my plans, don't push your luck. Just make sure you don't mention that this relationship is fake one to anyone, do you understand me?" Mr. Jung restated his point.

"Ok."

"And do not develop any feelings towards Jessica. As much as I think you are smart and a girl with a lot of potential, I can't have my daughter be with a girl for the rest of her life. You understand?"

"Why would I have feelings for a girl like that?" 

"If you say it like that, that's good. Then we are settled, do not disappoint me." 

------

Taeyeon and Jessica got in the car for their first day of school. Jessica decided to drive because she wanted some freedom at least since she agreed to go to school.

"So what did my father talk to you about?"

"What else? Just making sure I behave."

"Ah, sorry my dad's words can be unpleasant. He can be a bit forceful and stubborn when he made a decision."

"Hearing an apology from you is really strange."

"Why?"

"Because you two are the same type of people. You are selfish and stubbon as well, don't care about other's feelings."

"I'm not like him."

"Right, you look like him and personality the same too. So hard to deal with. Why is your attitude towards your dad is so bad? I didn't see him being aggressive towards you at all, despite just saying he doesn't want you to be singing. Other than when your mom says things that make you happy, you ignore her too."

"Shut up! Are you interrogating me now?"

"Aren't families supposed to get along? Just because they don't want you to..."

"I said shut up! Can't you understand?!"

"I don't think your dad won't listen to me was because of me, it's because of you. Your temper is so bad. No wonder your d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter