Chapter 56 - Letter [Part 2]

A Quest for Joy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She rubbed her eyes to check for tears and sniffed loudly. The letter really made her emotional. Then she realized that there was another envelope inside the envelope and it had an oddly written message on the letter:

[JooJoo please do not open this letter]

And in fact, this letter was still sealed shut. 

I am not JooJoo, so I can open it right? Oh, well.  Taeyeon teared the envelope open.

She reads the first line of the letter and was immediately shocked as her eyes wide open.

Hello, my daughter. Yes, this letter is for you Kim, Taeyeon.

 

Kim? Taeyeon looked more closely at the letter. She has no doubt that her given name by her birthparents was Kim, Taeyeon and her mother was the very person who wrote this letter. It's too much of a coincidence for it not to be her. However, she was more intrigued by how a letter that was addressed to her was inside an envelope addressed to her bodyguard. Did Mr. Lee handed over the documents so easily because of this? 

It only surprised her more as she continued reading...

 

I'm sorry, you probably don't recognize that name, you are probably more familiar with Im, Taeyeon. How do I know? I can't tell you that yet.

While I am writing this letter at my present time, you are probably still stuck in your room working on something that a child of your age would never imagine doing. I warned you that if you keep behaving like that people are going to make fun of you being a nerd in school. You just told me that you didn't care, you have a goal and that is to achieve a good future for yourself and Irene. So that Irene will have more time to do whatever she likes. You knew very well that you did not have to do that, because we would provide everything for you. But you were stubborn enough to insist us that you want to do everything on your own, you want to be the one who will take Irene around the world. I would have never expected to hear that from a seven year old child, until I had you. I know you are smart, but I never expected you to be able to realize it until you were older. I guess I was wrong.

I often tried to ask you to spend a little more time with me, whether it was just for breakfast or even to chitchat. To try to get you to come out of your room. Despite all my efforts, you wouldn't listen, because you will just say 'Stop bothering me! I have stuff to do!'  I even cried in front of you once, yet you just glared cooly at me like I am just a dust in your eye.  Everytime Bae asked me if I am happy, I had to fake a smile and say yes. I fear that he won't let me keep you if he found out that I was not. As much as Mr. Bae and the other two goof balls hated Hyun (Mr. Kim) for taking me, you don't have to worry because they will learn to love you too. You were the only one that I cared about after his death. 

Over time, I have learned to accept that you have no interest in me. That's okay too, at least you would come out of your room when Irene is home. Despite being born from a father...let's just say that you didn't like him very much, you still loved her like your own sister. I had Irene because I thought you needed a buddy when growing up and I was in a desperate situation after they took everything away from me. Not because I loved Mr. Bae more than your father. Now I think about it, was that the reason why you didn't like spending time with me? I do not know and I do not believe I will ever find out.

Taeyeon curled up with her kneeds up and heads down in a fetal position. She smiled at her old self as she stared and whispered into her mom's letter, "Sorry, mom. I am afraid I do not remember and nor do I want to. Did I really hate you that much? I must have been a very bad child. Now that you have mentioned it, I think I am

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter