Chapter 8 - A hint of Jealousy

A Quest for Joy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soon the class was over and it was time for lunch. 

“Thank you so much TaeTae! You saved my life!” Tiffany hugged Taeyeon on the side.

“Not upset anymore?” Taeyeon raised her left eyebrows at her.

“I wasn’t just upset, I was upset AT YOU. You are so ignorant...sometimes.” Tiffany said as she packed her things.

“Don’t be upset at me for something you didn’t understand. Gosh, be happy that I helped...I mean SAVED you in the end. Heheh.”  Taeyeon grinned widely for the first time. 

Wow she's so pretty or I don't know, adorable? When she smiles. Tiffany thought and after she regained her consciousness she said, "Let's have lunch together."

"No."

------

"I thought we made up, why are you being cold again. How you ever going to make friends like that??" Tiffany complained.

"Aish, your friends just going to glare at me all lunch, how am I supposed to eat? She thinks I am a homeless girl or some barbarian." Taeyeon protested.

"No, she is just not used to it, she used to live in Seoul after all. I will talk to her, please comeee." 

"I have friends, don't worry about me ok?" 

"Who? I saw you sitting against outside all lunch, ALONE." Tiffany emphasized the word alone, unimpressed with Taeyeon's white lie.

Is Heechul a friend?  Taeyeon thought. "Fine, fine, but after lunch I am gone."

Tiffany was satisfied with that answer and dragged Taeyeon to the food court.

Taeyeon was preparing herself for the cold glare of Jessicas while walking lifelessly behind Tiffany. 

"Hey Jess, over here!" Tiffany waved at the girl walking towards them. 

"Hey, I can't believe first week of school is almost over." Jessica sounding rather disappointed. Rightly so, as the first week was not that heavy in terms of material and second week is where the courses pick up pace. They have tests and projects that were about to get assigned soon and Jessica wasn't looking fowards to it, it only means less sleep for her. She looked at Tiffany's side.

"She's here? Why is she here again?" Jessica shot a look at Taeyeon and then turned back to Tiff.

"She's going to have lunch with us today, come Jess, she is actually very smart. Right?" She looked to her side. Taeyeon is just there staring at nothing.

"Huh? Yeah...I guess." Taeyeon facepalmed herself in her head.

"She guess. She doesn't even sound confident." Jessica looked at her and lead them to a seat.

The conversation happened only between Tiffany and Jessica. Taeyeon just sat and listened while eating her plate. All she got was that Jessica only went to high school here because she did not want to live with her parents. Is she that desperate to get away from her parents, even if it's just for three years of high school? She unconsicously shook her head.

"What? You got something to say?" Jessica turned towards her and stared at her sternly.

"I...Fine..Not fine...Never...mind, it's none of my business." Taeyeon stuttered.

"S.P.I.L.L it." Jessica insisted.

"Aish, fine." Taeyeon took a deep breath. "First, you are only here for three years for high school, why not just study three years in Seoul and go study abroad or something if you want to get away so much. And isn't it nice to live with your parents who love you and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter