Chapter 62 - Old Friend?

A Quest for Joy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Who exactly is this Kim, Taeyeon? Mr. Lee is willingly to use men from the EK Group for her." Taec wondered.

EK was a security group formed in secrecy, it was either used as Mr. Lee's personal body guards and as well as for Mr. Bae or anyone important. They were no different from special task forces, except for the fact that their methods aren't strictly legal. 

------

Jessica opened her eyes and looked around her room, it must be already noon the sun's already shining and light up her entire room. Her back felt really sore, so she adjusted her arm and tried to roll over, but was stopped by something behind her. Apparently she slept in the same position all night and the girl who was still asleep gripped onto her tightly.

Aish. My arms so sore.  She gently removed Taeyeon's hands from her and lifted it off her. Rolling over on her side, she faced the sleeping girl.

"ert." She poked on Taeyeon's lips with her finger. After she received on response, she rubbed her fingers along the girl's cheeks. It was soft, like she should treasure it forever. For the first time, she felt her heart racing like it was being hit by an intense feeling of joy, causing her to smile and giggle to herself. However, she was dragged back to reality when she saw Taeyeon's wide open open eyes staring back at her. She took a deep breath and regained her composure.

"Am I that funny when sleepin?" Taeyeon asked her. 

Jessica pressed her lips together tightly trying not to giggle anymore. "....maybe."

"...did I do anything?" 

"uh...you held onto me the whole night touching my chest, you happy now?" Jessica accused her playfully.

Taeyeon instantly looked away full of guilt, "I...was just curious."

"You liked it huh?" 

"...uh...yeah...no...I guess...errr. I mean it's better than sleeping to Sooyoung's pictures." Taeyeon grinned, thinking she's complimenting her by saying that she's prettier than Sooyoung.

"YOU SLEPT TO SOOYOUNG'S PICTURES!?"

Taeyeon startled and rose up a little from the bed. Just then she noticed how numb her right arm was.

"Ahhhh....fk....he...lp." Taeyeon grabbed her right arm. "I can't feel my arm." 

"BYE!" Jessica leaned back and gave the girl a nice shove using her feet, pushing Taeyeon off the bed. 

"YAAHH!!!!" She screamed as she fell off the bed. 

Taeyeon tried to get up but couldn't due to her super sore right arm and stomach. "You bastard." She mumbled.

"You ert."

She was about to go fetch Taeyeon, but her phone rang. Taeyeon will have go keep herself on the floor a bit longer. 

 

"Hello." She said annoyed and uninterested at whoever the caller is.

"Is that how you talk to your mom?"

"Oh! HI mom, sorry...I was..."

"You just woke up didn't you? Anyone could guess that. Now come back home as soon as you are available." Mrs. Jung said strictly and hung up the phone.

 

Jessica walked over and looked at Taeyeon sitting on the floor. "Get up and shower, we need to go home."

"Since I'm injured, you wanna shower together?" 

"GO. SHOWER. NOW." Jessica feeling more agitated due to her mother's awful tone during the call. She wondered why her mother sounded so upset. 

"Oh." Taeyeon slowly tried to get up. However, due to the lack of patience, Jessica grabbed Taeyeon's arms and dragged her to the front of the bathroom and pushed her inside.

"Yah! What..." 

Jessica slammed the door shut and went to get dressed.

------

"I heard that the shooting went well aside from the lost ring?" Mrs. Jung asked her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter