Chapter 36 - Recording

A Quest for Joy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Early next morning the phone rang, and Taeyeon snatched the phone besides her bed.

"What do you want?" To be honest Taeyeon didn't even look at the caller ID, but she was too sleepy to care.

"Is that how you answer your phone calls, miss? How dare you speak to your boss like this."

"I am not...very funny Irene. What you calling me at 7am for?"

"I'm coming to pick you up!" 

"Recording?"

"You got it. My groups got lucky today we get to make a song of our own with a sound engineer my dad got us, it will be fun!"

"...mmffhmm...ok...." does it have to be this early though uggghhh...Taeyeon yawned.

"Ok see you in 15!" Irene hung up right after.

"15!!!????" Taeyeon jolted awake and sat up on her bed. "Whyyyyyy is my life so miserable..." 

Taeyeon ran to the shower and brushed her teeth in 15minutes. And there was already a knock on the door. Because of the rush, she didn't get to pick her outfit properly, nor dry her hair. She came outside in a mess.

"Hey!!" Irene greeted the girl, "Oh wow...nice outfit..."

Irene looked at her head to toe like she is watching a fashion show.

Taeyeon wore that oversized Hello Kitty t-shirt again along with a black jacket and white pants that's obviously too small for her. She twitched uncomfortably in her odd outfit and kept pulling on her pants that's overly tight. She wondered why didn't she just took the time to find a better fitting pants...oh right, she didn't properly sort her clothing when she arrived at Mr. Jung's house. 

On the car ride to the studio, they chatted about their favorite foods, hobbies and favorite past times. Taeyeon shared a lot of stuff she had done with Yoona and Irene just laughed. Irene envied Taeyeon of their sibling relationship. She has an older step-brother, but that brother is an arrogant bastard that's a good-for-nothing. All he does is boast about his mom and look down at her, even if she is the biological child of the CEO, not him. It's obvious to Irene that her stepmother has eyes on the position to be inherited by her son. 

Taeyeon felt so light after sharing part of her past with Irene. It's like an instant connection and she was so happy sharing that she could not remember what they shared together after they arrived at the studio. 

"Taeyeon-unnie!!" Yeri shouted excitedly and ran over to her.

"Who are you?" Taeyeon looked at the overly excited child who ran up to her.

"She is just a crazy kid, you can ignore her. My name is Joy." Joy went up to shake her hand.

"Seulgi." Seulgi walked up after Joy.

"I am Yerim! WOOOW YOUR OUTFIT IS SO...UNIQUE! Where did you get it?"

"Hi..." Taeyeon greeted the bunch. 

"Yah! You guys are scaring her, stop crowding around her!" Irene pushed the other members aside, "let's get to work!"

"Taeyeon-ah we are going to do our group project first, we are going to record yours after our practice, is that okay?"

"Don't worry about me, I'm okay. Thanks for inviting me." 

"Ok,  but please excuse Yerim, she is really going to be annoying if you let her, so watch what you say around her okay?"

"Yeah, yeah. Go do your thing." 

The group had fun presenting the lyrics they prepared for their song and sharing their ideas about the music. The group asked Taeyeon if she had any ideas, since she never had any formal lessons in music, she gave very little input fearing that she might give some ridiculous idea. Although she doesn't notice, she only responded to Irene's questions, when other members asked for her input, she either politely rejected it or just nods her head. Not because she was rude, she was just too shy. So the others stopped asking her, and left it to Irene to communicate with her, thinking that she has no interest in them.

Soon it was their lunch break. 

"Taeyeon what do you wanna eat?" Joy asked.

"Why are you asking her, she only answers to Irene." Seulgi rolled her eyes and pulled Joy with her.

What the hell is her problem. Taeyeon thought but ignored the remark. 

"Taeyeonnie, don't worry I ship you and Ire

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter