Chapter 52 - Birthday

A Quest for Joy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Then let's cause some chaos and hunt down the answers to those questions!" Yoona said happily and encouragingly.

"Really? Cause some chaos? Don't you have any principles?" Taeyeon poked Yoona on her nose.

"My principle is to believe in you." Yoona poked her back and the two chuckled at each other's cheesiness.

It's been a week since Taeyeon found out that she was Irene's biological sister. They have not contacted each other since. Both have decided to keep the fact quiet fearing what it might cause if they told anyone else. Taeyeon kept her promise and stayed away from anything related to Taec or their company in general, including withdrawal from Mr. Jung's job offer. She told him that she will join when she is ready, because she felt like she only got the job early because of her family's connections. Recently she just found a job at a dessert and beverage shop, managing delivery. Time isn't an issue for her as she is still ahead in school and all she need to do really is manage her personal life. 

Taeyeon looked at the building of her client's delivery address, it was none other than Irene and her friend's studio. She took a deep breath and went in.

"Isn't that Taeyeon, Jessica's girlfriend?"

"Yeah it looks like her."

"Why is she doing delivery?"

"Mr. Jung kicked her out?"

"Shhh! She just walked beside us!"

Gossips soon filled the building when Taeyeon nonchalantly walked in through the studio's hallways. In front of the room of her client's delivery address, she handed the food to two ladies. Not far behind them, four girls stood there staring at her greeting her customers.

"Wao, that's Taeyeon-unnie...TAEYEON!!" Yeri yelled at the delivery girl.

Taeyeon looked in the direction of the voice and saw Irene looking at her blankly and Seulgi glared at her angrily. Yeri was already pulled back into their room.

Why is she suddenly doing delivery? Is Mr. Jung not treating her well?...its not my business now anyway. Irene thought. What pains her more is that she knew today was Taeyeon's birthday. She never thought it would end up like this.

Taeyeon lowered her head and thanked her customer and immediately left the building. 

"Fk..." Taeyeon exhaled in relief as she exited the building, glad the girls didn't approach her. Not that they had a reason to after what she did to Irene. "What's wrong with delivering food? Stupid people these days." 

Just then her phone rang. Please no more, I want my lunch break.

"Taeyeon?"

"JOOWON!!" Taeyeon exclaimed excitedly. She haven't heard from her bodyguard since she told him to not bother her anymore and insisted that he stopped tailing her all the time too. She also told him about how he found out about her mother and Irene that evening. After speaking to Mr. Lee on the phone about her coming to Seoul, she was able to convince Mr. Lee to let Joowon go and find his own way of life. She requested it because Joowon wasn't able to be there for his mother who was dying of cancer, instead he was spending time in Jeonju to make sure she was safe. 

"So excited to hear from me, huh? You want to grab lunch together?"

"Do you have to ask? Where to?" 

"Let's meet at your workplace, I like the combos there."

"Ok, see you after work!" 

 

------

After work she ordered some food and waited for Joowon's arrival. 

She didn't have to wait long until a lady approached her with a smile, "You must be Taeyeon, Joowon's friend?"

"Oh, hello...You are?" Taeyeon looked at the lady, who was dressing pretty casually in a white jacket and blue jeans. 

"Ah, sorry I haven't introduced myself. My name is Stacey, Joowon's girlfriend." She offered her hand.

"Girlfriend? Wow. Where is Joowon?" Taeyeon shook the lady's hand.

"Here. Why are you two standing. Grab a seat." Joowon came over and gave Taeyeon a big hug, as the girl she protected since she was a child has now grown up. He felt like her older brother. 

Joowon shared how she met Stacey and also told Stacey a bit about Taeyeon.  Near the end of the meeting, Stacey went back to work.

"Taeyeon-ah, can I ask you a favor?" 

"Yes. Shoot."

"You haven't even asked what it is. It's not exactly a nice one..."

"Aish. You spent most of your life by my side. It's just a favor...Tell me already, I hate it when you keep stalling."

"Alright. Mr. Lee still have a document of me and what I did, it's probably doesn't matter now that I don't work for him anymore. But can you still get it for me?"

"Can't you ask Mr. Lee? I am sure he will give it to you. Or you can just ask him to burn it."

"No. It's not that simple, Mr. Lee keep records of events that happened. It's not that I don't trust him, it's just that I want to erase any potential risks, you know?"

"How am I supposed to get in? Aren't his office very secure? He owns a security company after all." 

"I still have my badge, it's still active for maximum another week until it gets discarded." Joowon handed her a white card with several barcode and his details. 

"Wouldn't they suspect me..." Taeyeon studied the card in her hands.

"Yes. And they probably take you down if you get caught. That's why I said you should of asked what kind of favor it is. I know it seems kind of ironic that I am asking you to do something so dangerous for me, but I don't have anyone else I could ask."<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter