Chapter 51 - Decisions

A Quest for Joy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica felt something warm hugging her from behind, she felt comfortable by the touch so she decided not to be bothered by it. Suddenly feeling a level of satisfaction, knowing who was hugging her.

The next morning Taeyeon woke up by a tickling sensation on her nose. Whatever was tickling her stubbornly landed back on her skin despite her efforts to snort it away. She used her hand to brush off whatever it is, but she felt an army of them clumped together instead. Curiously, she tried to make out what the thing was, eventually causing her to open her eyes. It took her a second before her body jerked and froze when she saw the back of Jessica's head directly in front of her face. Taeyeon still had her arms around Jessica. Just as she retrieved her arm, Jessica turned around due to the sudden disturbance and hanged her arms around her instead.

Luckily Jessica still has her eyes closed and is sleeping soundly. She looked at Jessica's face and felt envious of the sleeping girl, who had a family and a clear future ahead of her.

The more she stared at the girl, the more she realized how pretty she was and feeling an attraction towards the girl. Her chest slowly being filled with butterflies as she studied the girl in front of her. 

"There is no 'huh?' sometimes pretending is the best way to get along."

Yoona's voice rang in her head.  

Might as well, right? But what if this is just my mind trying to look for a distraction from everything that happened last night...

She took a deep breath as she remembered the events from last night. Then she remembered the picture of Irene's kiss, and subconsciously looked at Jessica's lips. 

"What are you looking at?" Jessica opened her eyes to see someone staring at her lips.

Taeyeon's eyes diverted back to Jessica's and saw the girl looking at her.

After realizing their situation, Jessica shot up from her bed, "You can get out of my bed now."

"No, I am tired I want to lie down a bit more." Taeyeon pulled up Jessica's blanket to cover herself up to her chin.

"How can you do this?"

"Why can't I do this? Your bed, my bed."

"That's inappropriate!"

"We are dating. I am your girlfriend." Taeyeo closed her eyes and pretended to sleep.

"It's a fake relationship."

"You are the one that asked me to act like it was real. I am just helping you to get into the mindset." Taeyeon persisted. 

Jessica rolled her eyes and realized her pajama top is ed and suddenly her face started turning red...did she? Jessica got out of her bed and to her relief it was only her shirt that was undone. She glared back at the sleeping figure on her bed.

"Oh my god! Taeyeon!! Get out of my bed!!" 

Taeyeon did not budge, so Jessica grabbed her arm and started pulling the girl. After a few tries, Jessica brushed her hair out of frustration, "if you don't leave, fine. I'm leaving."

Taeyeon got up and rubbed her eyes, "I'm up."

"What's wrong with you? Why did you my shirt." Jessica thinks Taeyeon is acting a bit strange, to be honest herself as well. She can't believe she isn't freaking out that Taeyeon was in her bed.

"I think I am really lucky." 

"What luck?" Jessica looked her confusedly.

"You are pretty. Rich. Talented. And you just happen to be in a set up relationship with me." Taeyeon smiled and looked up at Jessica, nesting her chin between her palms that's being propped up by her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter