Chapter 21 - Misunderstood

A Quest for Joy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Please momma, can we not ban ice cream?" Taeyeon pleaded as Tiffany chased her to her pink room.

"Yeah you are grounded! Replacing meals with ice cream, unforgivable!"

"Ground your ! You wouldn't dare." Taeyeon put her bag on the floor. 

"Ok enough messing around, I got news."

"Yeah? Good or bad?"

"Good for you, I am sure you will be happy to hear it." 

Taeyeon looked up at her expectantly.

"I heard from Jessica..."

"OH MY GOD NOT JESSICA! HOW IS THAT GOOD NEWS!????" Taeyeon protested.

"LET ME FINISH! I heard from Jessica," Tiffany started again. "Your sister Yoona is going to have a commercial shoot with the CEO's daughter."

"WHAT?? Really?? That is good news!!" Taeyeon had open thinking about how cool her sister is right now. "Aish, why do I have to hear news from Jessica, wait how does she know?"

"Her father asked her to think of ideas for their outfit choices. She has a thing for fashion, so her father suggested that she give some input." 

"Sigh...I wish I could talk to her." 

"What? You haven't talked to her?"

"My parents don't let me use the phone." 

"Are you living in a house or a prison? Sometimes it's really hard to believe your parents keep you locked in like that. But you can use my cellphone if you like."

Taeyeon shrugged her shoulders. "I don't have her number anyway, she doesn't have a phone last time I checked." 

"Your parents are crazy. Anyways let's go eat." Tiffany ran to the dinning.

After Tiffany left, Tiffany's phone rang and Taeyeon glanced at the caller ID, it was a call from someone named Mr. Lee.

Taeyeon blinked and thought it couldn't be the same person. So after she washed her hands and tidied her things up, she walked to the dining room.

"Yeah, no problem Mr. Lee."

She could hear the conversation as she approached the end of the hallway. Curiosity got to her so she stood at the edge of the hallway and eavesdropped on their call.

"Yeah of course! We can talk after my exams....mhm."

"...Taeyeon..." Taeyeon could hear part of her name being said on the telephone. What the heck?

"Ah yes I will keep watch over her and yeah, I will tell you more about her when I get to Seoul!"

"..."

"She doesn't really like making a lot of friends, but it surprised me too. I am lucky to have her as a friend."

"..."

"No, I won't. Thank you again!" Tiffany hung up the phone.

Suddenly, Taeyeon's mind was a mess again. She wondered if the Mr. Lee on the phone was her uncle and Tiffany was spying on her this whole time. She walked her lifeless body to the dining table and stared at the plates of food.

"TAETAE! Guess what I got?" Tiffany ran towards the table and sat across from her.

She looked up.

Tiffany slid her a piece of paper and on it wrote Yoona's contact information. 

"Who was on the phone?" Taeyeon asked in a monotone.

"Oh, it was one of my dad's friend. Thank god he knows about Yoona and got me her contact, or I'm going to have to ask Jessica. I bet she's going to take some convincing to help you get her number if he didn't have it."

"Why would he give it to you?" She asked Tiffany further.

"He was wondering that too. I told him your sister was there so he gave it to me."

"What else you said to him about me?" Taeyeon asked what she wanted to know.

"Nothing...? I just asked about Yoona's contact and said she was your sister." Tiffany looked at her weirdly, "Why are you always interrogating me when I talk to someone from Seoul. Sometimes I really wish you act our age and just have fun, TaeTae." 

"Act my age..." Taeyeon scoffed, thinking she heard that phrase somewhere before. "I don't feel like eating anymore. I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter